Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #21  
    I think I'm reading this right. If I modify the tokens currently on my black-hole 4G TP, with correct tokens from another working 4G TP, I should be able to just run the ATT webOS 3.0.5 doctor? Second question, I took a look at github for meta-doctor scripts and there was never a super build for the 4G TP. I thought I read you made one. Any chance you'd be willing to share either on github or PM?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I think I'm reading this right. If I modify the tokens currently on my black-hole 4G TP, with correct tokens from another working 4G TP, I should be able to just run the ATT webOS 3.0.5 doctor? Second question, I took a look at github for meta-doctor scripts and there was never a super build for the 4G TP. I thought I read you made one. Any chance you'd be willing to share either on github or PM?
    Yeah I never published my Touchpad, Touchpad 4G, and Pre3 Super Scripts as they are Super+ (which include several fixes cert, App Catalog App updates etc..., which I can not publish due to copyright issues), however, one of these days when I have time I will remove the + parts and publish them, sorry for not having enough free time.

Sorry You did read it correctly, if you grab the content for a working 4G (make sure the serial # is unique, although the MEID is what the 4G/Phones are based on and as long as that is unique (which by law it has to be), you will be ok) and place it in your black-hole 4G, your 4G will no longer be a black-hole and should work 100% with the default AT&T Doctor. The bigger issue is to apply the following update after your doctor:

HP App Catalog Download Failed

This will update the certs so that you will no have to worry about at least that issue. You can use the Touchpad (Google for it) devicetool.jar enable Developer Mode, then apply the update thru command line (Palm-install) or webOS Quick Installer.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/04/2014 at 01:17 PM.
  3.    #23  
    So did I read it correctly?
    Follow me on Twitter
  4.    #24  
    I’ve found the problem but I’m not sure how to add this info in the hex editor. My 4g TP is missing this:
    <Val name="PalmSN" value="5CLFE10281"/>. I took a look at the tokens.dat from my wifi TP and I see this (look at the screenshot attached). Can I just copy and paste it and change the serial number in the hex editor? I wonder if I can write the token with a token write command mentioned here Bootie - WebOS Internals using novaterm. Ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me on Twitter
  5.    #25  
    I was trying to follow the castle.xml editing portion of this Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals to import my keys correctly and then rebuild a doctor but it looks like the touchpad drs don't have the castle.xml file included. Sigh.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I was trying to follow the castle.xml editing portion of this Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals to import my keys correctly and then rebuild a doctor but it looks like the touchpad drs don't have the castle.xml file included. Sigh.
    Yes it is not castle.xml but topaz.xml.

Each Nova device has a name, castle is Pre/PrePlus, pixie is Pixi/PixiPlus, roadrunner is Pre2, broadway is Veer, mantaray is Pre3, opal is Touchpad Go and topaz is Touchpad.

So look for the topaz.xml and modify that file instead of castle.xml.
  7.    #27  
    Ah. That makes sense. Didn't know the Pre's name was castle. I guess that would have been good to know before hand.

Now that the file is ready, how do I build that into a doctor? I don't know how to make a script and as far as I know there aren't any updated scripts available. I can't just update the xml file and insert it back into the dr because the md5 will be wrong and I think the doctor process will be unhappy with me, right? AKA it won't complete. At least I think that's what I've read on this forum somewhere else.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I have never done it, but I would think steps 3-6 from the link above would still be correct other than the name of the xml file. Just speculating. I've always been afraid to do any of the meta-doctor stuff manually and just ran the scripts.
  9.    #29  
    Oh just took another look. Forgot about "make pack". I'll give it a shot. Man, I gotta get my head outta my rear end.
    Follow me on Twitter
  10.    #30  
    Issue solved. Thanks to webOS Internals, John Steffes and most of all, Herrie for the help. Here's the rundown:
    Pulled token.dat with this command in WOSQI dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p12 of=/media/internal/token.dat skip=20480 bs=1 count=4096
    Once I had the token.dat file I emailed it to Herrie who compared it to his 4G TouchPad token.dat, edited it in a HEX editor to add my bits to his, and once he sent it back to me I reapplied it once again in WOSQI with dd if=/media/internal/token.dat of=/dev/mmcblk0p12 seek=20480 bs=1 count=4096
    With the new tokens in place I was able to doctor. But I still received the same PAMS3028 error.
    Bypassed activation and found that Serial Number was still blank. We double checked the token.dat he sent me and it was there. I pulled my token.dat again but it was missing. Reapplying it still failed to copy my PalmSN line into my tokens.
    I turned my attention to the meta-doctor since I knew it was possible to force token overwrites thanks to this tutorial Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals.
    I already have Ubuntu and meta-doctor setup so in Ubuntu terminal I did cd meta-doctor, git pull, make clobber. Then I edited the Makefile: DEVICE = touchpad CARRIER = att and saved/closed. I continued with the sprint pre tutorial and make unpack which pulled down the 4G TP doctor and unpacked it. Then patched it with make patch.
    Once I got the right xml file (read above) I was able to add the line <Val name="PalmSN" action="overwrite" value="myserialnumberwenthere"/> then saved/closed.
    After that it was as simple as running make pack and letting the doctor build. I ran the modified doctor and I could login at initial boot. I bypassed activation anyway and checked Show Properties (installed from WOSQI) and PalmSN was there! I did a app/data wipe from Device Info and redoctored with the stock 4G TP 3.0.5 doctor and BOOM logged right in without issue. Consider me one very, very happy camper. And consider my near death 4G TouchPad back to fully functional!
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 04/06/2014 at 11:22 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Alan good to hear you got it working properly! Was out today so only able to reply now, but anyway happy to see I was of some help and the community support did the rest :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  12.    #32  
    The webOS community rulez!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I do get a PAMS uh, I guess error after I try logging in. I'll check the number after it tonight. I read some demo units hit the market and wonder if this one is a remnant. I tried doctoring but it gets to 8% and tells me the doctor isn't compatible. I redownloaded the ATT 4G doctor and tried again. Same thing. What the what?
    Alan,

Can you make the ATT 4G Doctor available to me. During the process of installing LuneOS in a second partition, I fat fingered luneos and entered lunos instead. Well, not being a linux expert I rendered my brand new TouchPAD useless. It only displays the HP logo and will not power down. However, I can still access it using novaterm.

I have a drobox account that can be used for this. Please help me ????

HP P/N: FB354UA#ABA HSTNH-i30C 32 GB AT&T 4G 1.5 GHz.

Thanks in advance.

Borsheck
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    They are still available through the normal channels:

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    @Borsheck,

They are still there in the link i quoted. Just disregard the fact that the Internals Wiki calls them "AT&T 3G"

Unless you've taken yours apart and installed a bona fide Sierra LTE radio module, you have nothing to worry about when reflashing. If you doctor and it still doesn't work, you can go back and get the webOS 3.0 doctor which redraws the partition table, but will also erase your USB partition
    Last edited by Remy X; 11/02/2014 at 10:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Alan good to hear you got it working properly! Was out today so only able to reply now, but anyway happy to see I was of some help and the community support did the rest :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Herrie,

I managed to brick my TouchPAD AT&T 4G, and need a copy of the webOS Doctor to restore it. I have access to the TP using novaterm, but I need to default Doctor for an AT&T 4G 32GB 1.5 GHz TP.

Can you make a copy of the Doctor available for download???

HP P/N: FB354UA#ABA HSTNH-i30C
    1.5Ghz 32GB RAM

Thanks in Advance!!!

Borsheck
  16.    #36  
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You can use NovaTerm to backup your token partition to a file.

I can post the command for this when I get home.

You didn't get NDI with your Go? I have it available for you if needed
    Herrie,

Latest update, when I connect the TP to my win7 PC, I only get the following, no longer have access to linux:

I truly need some help...

Thanks,

Borsheck
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by borsheck View Post
    Herrie,

Latest update, when I connect the TP to my win7 PC, I only get the following, no longer have access to linux:

I truly need some help...

Thanks,

Borsheck
    Yeah, you're getting "bootie", the bootloader.

But let me ask you this, why do you ask for help but ignore the replies, and keep talking to people who aren't online today? Why do you keep digging up old threads, posting there and ignoring all help you get?

Just start your own thread, a single place where we can talk about your problem.

Alan, and two or three other people have given you the link to the doctor. If you doctor with the AT&T 3.0.5 doctor* and your Touchpad still won't work because your partitions may be broken, you can use the WiFi 3.0 doctor to rebuild the partition table from scratch (which will also format your USB partition)

*(http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...05hstnhatt.jar)

If you're trying to save what's on the USB partition, tell us straight
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Yeah, you're getting "bootie", the bootloader.

But let me ask you this, why do you ask for help but ignore the replies, and keep talking to people who aren't online today? Why do you keep digging up old threads, posting there and ignoring all help you get?

Just start your own thread, a single place where we can talk about your problem.

Alan, and two or three other people have given you the link to the doctor. If you doctor with the AT&T 3.0.5 doctor* and your Touchpad still won't work because your partitions may be broken, you can use the WiFi 3.0 doctor to rebuild the partition table from scratch (which will also format your USB partition)

*(http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...05hstnhatt.jar)

If you're trying to save what's on the USB partition, tell us straight
    Remy X,

Sorry for any confusion that I have caused. This is a brand new TP, so I do not need to save anything. I have tried using the 3.0.0 WiFi Doctor at the both GUI and CLI, but the Doctor quits and indicates that the device in NOT compatible. I will give it another go tonight and start a new thread to keep the comments in one place.

Thanks for your quick response.

Borsheck
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Alan,

Thanks, I will give it a try this evening, and if I still can't get the TP to recover, I will start a new thread to keep the dialog in one place.

Borsheck
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast