View Poll Results: Do you still use your Touchpad?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, everyday with webOS!

56 52.34%
  • Yes, everyday with Android!

8 7.48%
  • Yes, everyday and I switch between webOS/Android!

21 19.63%
  • Most days, using it less as time goes on.

7 6.54%
  • Rarely, it's a backup/reserve machine now.

9 8.41%
  • Nope, I no longer use it.

4 3.74%
  • No, I never had a Touchpad.

2 1.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Mine's now essentially a picture frame/clock on my office desk now. I do still use it occasionally though...and I do keep it up to date.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Still use it every single day for every normal tablet task. I have a custom built desktop that I use at home and don't own a laptop so it still fulfills all of my portable needs. It's a shame that the full dropbox integration collapsed, that it has trouble displaying some websites properly and that workarounds were needed for Google services recently but the community patches have really helped mitigate all this. Personally, I think most tablets don't need to be replaced until they are unable to keep up with simple tasks such as checking multiple email accounts, browsing the web, and opening documents. The HP Touchpad is more than capable of doing this and multitasking so until it decided to stop opening the documents in my email and dropbox folder it's here to stay. Plus exhibition mode is really neat for displaying my agenda.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    My wife uses it every day while watching TV to look stuff up on the wab.
    Hi i still use my Touchpad on webOS every day at home(with a new spare 32 GB Touchpad in reserve)
    tried other tablets /OS and still prefer webOS it works ok, and i pair it to pre 3 ( have two spares ) and use touch to share, the card system is a handy feature, a sad day when HP abandoned webOS if only the
    Touchpad Go had been released would have been the perfect 7" Tablet, will use webOS until the end
    but not on a television set, if LG release Tablet/phone running webOS maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Mine's just on Exhibition mode on the touchstone running Flixi showing temperature time and twitter feed displayed in the living room. Rather very useful!
    This comment just sold me a copy of Flixi for $2.99. Downloaded and setup with Facebook, Time/Date, Twitter and weather.
    Since I can no longer perform much of my work directly from my tablet, as I was able to before the acquisition, I haven't used mine nearly as much as I used to, but I still do use my primary one quite a fair amount. With Skype and Google Voice potentially becoming incompatible, about the only thing I have left to do with it (app wise) is email, calendar, forums, twitter. ACL doesn't really give me anything useful, as far as I can tell.

Long gone are the days when I excitedly checked out the app stores on all my devices every day looking for new things. The webOS app catalog was the only one that consistently showed up with new things that I felt like I wanted to try out, iOS would pick up hundreds of clone apps or junk games, Android never really has had a "what's new" list, PlayBook never had anything worth getting.

Now, I mostly just use my laptop, because I can do work from it. I have taken lately to using Splashtop to do that a little bit, though.

Also, I just discovered that I have Splashtop on all my TouchPads, and so now I have a TouchPad as a "primary" display for my Mac, a TouchPad as a duplicate display for my Linux laptop (it sits on a different desk from my normal work area), and an iPad that I use as a second display for my Windows laptop.

Once I get the kinks out of the Mac system, I'll have effectively:

24", 22", 21", 15", and 3 9.7" displays on my desk, with the ability to access Mac, Linux, or 2 different Windows PCs all simultaneously. Add to that a fun collection of remote access tools and emulators, and .. holy crap I need way more memory and hard disk space.

I've got some snaps from some time ago when I was just trying to show off my collection of mobile hardware, but now I actually have something I can DO with all of them

... this does make me wonder, now that I've discovered that the PlayBook has bluetooth mouse support, if Splashtop on PlayBook can work with that... or on Android.. but I really don't want to give Splashtop any more money, since they've crippled v2 of their software, which is a good reason for me to continue using webOS :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I still use my touchpad as a mobile device when I'm away from home. Other than that it's a book reader and a music player..

The grandkids enjoy games and kids' apps. One of tthe first of these I noticed was Khan Academy - great for homework help.

The Mrs is using it tto stand in for her laptop - awaiting a newe battery. She mastered it quickly and well.

One of my big downers is the non-functionality of the Acrobat Reader. Anybody have the problem too, or offer any suggestions getting this built-in app back up?
    I use mine on and off its primary use is my alarm clock sits on the Touchstone in my bedroom faithfully telling time and waking me when it needs too
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by Popsiq View Post
    I still use my touchpad as a mobile device when I'm away from home. Other than that it's a book reader and a music player..

The grandkids enjoy games and kids' apps. One of tthe first of these I noticed was Khan Academy - great for homework help.

The Mrs is using it tto stand in for her laptop - awaiting a newe battery. She mastered it quickly and well.

One of my big downers is the non-functionality of the Acrobat Reader. Anybody have the problem too, or offer any suggestions getting this built-in app back up?
    I think there's just a whole lot of stuff in PDFs that the reader just doesn't support .. mine works for some PDFs, but the majority of them it just doesn't get.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I think there's just a whole lot of stuff in PDFs that the reader just doesn't support .. mine works for some PDFs, but the majority of them it just doesn't get.
    I've noticed Firefox opening PDFs in the browser using a reader that appears to be enabled in Javascript (pdf.jsjsjs) ?

I'm not sure if this is coming off a server or is built in. If built in, then it's OSS and hey, Javascript, so... portable?

I don't think it's a perfect implementation - I've had messages about downloading and viewing in a desktop reader for some files, but it's largely usable and could be a good fit for webOS.

UPDATE: It already exists.
    Alternate method of viewing PDF files?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/27/2014 at 09:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I use my TouchPad every day, going back and forth between WebOS and Android. The Android UI is clunky compared to WebOS, but all the Android apps work just fine. My only real problem is that the microphone cuts out after a couple of minutes of use in Skype Android.

I do use for reading pdfs in WebOS frequently. The built-in Adobe reader in WebOS was actually provided as part of QuickOffice, and it's a quick-n-dirty effort that's a bit pathetic. Early on a group of users made a serious attempt to improve it, with pretty good success. There's a thread here in the Patches section. Unfortunately they gave up just short of achieving stability, but it still works better than the standard unpatched app. The alternative is to use the pdf reader in Picsel Smart Office. It's also not compatible with every pdf file, but it works much better than the standard app.
    Me too, using my TP everyday with webOS and ACL.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneeweisschen View Post
    Me too, using my TP everyday with webOS and ACL.
    Hey, I just got a touchpad on eBay (well I get it tomorrow). I planned on setting pit up for my kid to use but I hate android and really want to stay with webos if possible. I need netflix and YouTube to work well. Do these apps work well under the ACL on webos or are they slow and choppy? Thanks for any help...
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post
    Hey, I just got a touchpad on eBay (well I get it tomorrow). I planned on setting pit up for my kid to use but I hate android and really want to stay with webos if possible. I need netflix and YouTube to work well. Do these apps work well under the ACL on webos or are they slow and choppy? Thanks for any help...
    Nice purchase for the kids I've found that Netflix works great for me (no lag or choppiness). I haven't used YouTube though....
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nice purchase for the kids I've found that Netflix works great for me (no lag or choppiness). I haven't used YouTube though....
    Awesome thanks! I had all but forgotten about ACL until reading this thread today. Came close to dual booting android and I really just don't want to do that.. If I can do netflix and YouTube I will be set. Thanks!
    Sending Sms at work and listening to mp3's in the bathroom...
    For the rest I'm using a Surface Pro
    My wife and myself both have one and we use them everyday in fact I have only turned on my laptop to keep it up dated then it gets turned back off we use the TP for everything
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post
    Never had trouble with Youtube..

No idea about Netflix as I want nothing to do with it as I already have my own library (and a over 40 TB system). I just use Kalemsoft Media Player to stream to all my WebOs devices.

Another scenario, you can also use Splashtop streamer and simply use your computer as a player.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Tablet just bricked, guess it will be a paper weight for now, dead battery
    I use the touchpad when I paid my daughter or my wife. mo daughter loves to webos. my wife android. youtube. mail, parcel office. and Tapatalk and comunities. I adore

Enviado desde la chingada, hasta allá!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12