Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have had an MSN email account on my HP Touchpad for a few years without any problem. I use this same account on my laptops/desk computers also. I used the HP Touchpad MSN account on Comcast while we were in Florida this winter. When I returned in March, 2014 and attempted to utilize the MSN email on my Century Link ISP I was unable to have the email working. Everything else was working fine. My HP Touchpad has the WebOS system. My email is working on all my other computers (laptop and desk) since we have returned. When I put in the password and check the settings, I get this error message: error code 3099:Certificate verification failed -- Src/network/SocketConnection.cpp:184 on the HP Touchpad. I contacted Century Link and they forwarded me to Microsoft which could not help me because I did not have a paying account with them. Any help would be appreciated to get my email back working again. Thank you.
    Same problem here with exact error message. Started about a week ago and synced fine before that. Anyone getting emails from Hotmail? my work email works fine with outlook
    I would assume MSN accounts are using the same GlobalSign root certificate that expired in Feb. This post (feel free to read the entire thread) contains an IPK that runs a script to download and install the updated certificates to fix Hotmail/Outlook.com accounts.

[Solved] Microsoft Outlook Certificate Expired
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netennis View Post
    I have had an MSN email account on my HP Touchpad for a few years without any problem. I use this same account on my laptops/desk computers also. I used the HP Touchpad MSN account on Comcast while we were in Florida this winter. When I returned in March, 2014 and attempted to utilize the MSN email on my Century Link ISP I was unable to have the email working. Everything else was working fine. My HP Touchpad has the WebOS system. My email is working on all my other computers (laptop and desk) since we have returned. When I put in the password and check the settings, I get this error message: error code 3099:Certificate verification failed -- Src/network/SocketConnection.cpp:184 on the HP Touchpad. I contacted Century Link and they forwarded me to Microsoft which could not help me because I did not have a paying account with them. Any help would be appreciated to get my email back working again. Thank you.
    I got the following response to a similar post on another forum site and it worked great for me. I hope it can help you. Jeeped replied on March 25, 2014See post history Close

MVP Wiki Author Community Moderator MCC: Content Creator

This has affected many people. The closest thing to a cause I've discovered was an HP update distributed around Feb 14, 2014. This involves the root certificate not being recognized as valid or not updated from the older certificate that expired and was replaced.

You can force a recognition of the site's certificate(s) by opening the device's web browser to either,

https://m.hotmail.com

... or,

https://s.outlook.com

... and accepting the updated certificate.

If this fails to get you the mail you are looking for, please review other possible solutions in the following thread.

web os hotmail errors
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I would assume MSN accounts are using the same GlobalSign root certificate that expired in Feb. This post (feel free to read the entire thread) contains an IPK that runs a script to download and install the updated certificates to fix Hotmail/Outlook.com accounts.

[Solved] Microsoft Outlook Certificate Expired
    Thanks! I'll try it out tomorrow.