1.    #1  
    I'm trying to install some packages via ipkg, like Python, Nmap, and others. However, I'm unable to do so as the software appears to install to /opt which is 98% full according to df.

Is there an easy way to expand this? Something I can do to free up some space?
  2.    #2  
    Got it. /opt is a loopback mount, on my TP it's mounted as /dev/loop/0 which points to /media/cryptofs/optware.ext3 (as reported by losetup -a) and is 128MB in size. You cannot unmount /opt, and therefore you cannot remove /dev/loop0, so you'll have to work with the files live. Here's my resolution done in Xecutah X-Term:

cd /media/cryptofs
    cp optware.ext3 optware.bak
    cp optware.bak optware.new
    dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=384 conv=notrunc >> optware.new
    e2fsck optware.new
    resize2fs optware.new
    e2fsck optware.new
    mv optware.new optware.ext3

Now restart the TP. Go back into x-term and check that a df -k /opt is 512MB (roughly, and depending upon your initial size; mine was 128MB, so after adding 384MB it's now 512MB.)

Do some testing by running some of the utilities in /opt. Once satisfied all is well, rm optware.bak (or move it to another device just-in-case.)

Hope that helps someone.

Now I just need to find aircrack... anyone?
    Last edited by AlanRII; 03/22/2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Corrected mundane details