webOS friends - I just bought another touchpad to go with my other one. I've erased everything to start with a fresh system. I log in to my account and copy all the apps over. So far so good. Everything looks fine, all the apps come over, but there's one problem:
I am unable to purchase new apps. I get an error (PMT03043) which seems to imply the app store doesn't know what country I'm in. Before everyone tells me to do a preferences in the app catalog, here's a summary of what I've done, none of which allowed me to download paid apps:
1) A full webOS doctor install.
2) Made a new account with a new email address.
3) Installed Impostah to check what country my webOS is set to, answer is USA, just like my account.
4) Waited for all the apps to install prior to attempting to access app store preferences/purchasing an app.
5) Keeping the date rolled back prior to the app catalog root fix and trying to access app store preferences.
1) If I purchase an app with my other touchpad, I'm immediately able to download it to my new tablet.
2) I'm concerned something is broken in the HP/webOS cloud that won't let new devices be connected to the app store.
3) There doesn't seem to be anyway to get a billing question or issue handled, I wonder where the money goes. The HP Touchpad/palm paid support phone number now takes you a chat line for men and women. At least you get to pick which gender you want to talk to.
4) At no point am I able to select the country I'm in. That should be done by the account sync. But prior to the app store terms the screen shows up grayed out for about 1/2 second.
Any advice would be appreciated as I've been working this for a couple of days.