1.    #1  
    I'm not from the US and, of course, I don't have access to the paid catalog.

There are several threads on how to make it work, but they are all old and seem outdated.

I've tried some of the guides you can find on thie webs and I've managed to get the US catalog , but have been unable to make a credit card work, Entropay doesn't work.

Do you have any current tips? If not for the US catalog, is it possible to get access UK or AUS?
    Hi,

I'm no expert, but maybe you could state where you are. Perhaps someone from your locale will have a similar experience & a solution. I'd guess your access depends on your apparent location and your payment method. If you have the US catalogue, you seem to have solved the first issue. You don't state how you did this, but proxies and VPN are commonly used to hide or change apparent location.

I think there is a thread here about the payment method Rod Whitby uses to access the US catalogue from Australia. It may be that getting access to the UK or Australian versions might also be less restrictive about payment methods, but I really don't know.

Although the threads may be dated, so is the app catalogue and OS. Other than the certificate expiry (which you are no doubt aware of if you have access to the US catalogue), I'm not aware of any recent changes. The information is probably still relevant.

Sorry this isn't more helpful, but maybe something above will be useful and I bumped your thread! ;-) Hopefully someone more expert will chip in.
  3.    #3  
    Hi,

I'm in Chile, I'm not sure if there is any other Touchpad user overhere.

I used Impostah to change the app catalog account, and then I had to use a windows application -webOSAppCatCountryChanger- to set it again 'cause it didn't take on the first attempt.

My problem is that now I need a VPN access (which I can get, that isn't hard) and a working US credit card, when I tried using an Entropay card the system branded as a fraudulent card, so I know that doesn't work.

I'm trying now to access some other markets with a wirecard but I'm not sure if that will work, so I wanted to know if there are any recent experiences with that or another virtual card.

Thanks for the reply anyway!
    I think there's something majorly wrong with the app store. I just bought another touchpad. It is impossible to make it possible to purchase new apps. It can download apps that I buy with my other touchpad on the same account, but when I try to purchase with the new one I get an error.

It also seems HP has discontinued all support, even paid, for webOS, so there is no way to fix it.

I'd expect you will not be able to ever get paid app downloads regardless of what you do.

Jim