Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djgardn2
  1.    #1  
    I started having a weird issue about 5 days ago. I've been using my touchpad for my alarm but it stopped sounding.
    Wifi Only (but not connected)
    32GB
    3.0.5 w/uberkernel and LunaCE
    No ACL installed

    The sound is all the way up and not connected to bluetooth. I found out the hard way a couple weeks ago that the alarm won't play over blutetooth. I rebooted my touchpad but it didn't help. I have only modified the time a couple times in the last week but haven't deleted or recreated it. For some reason it just wouldn't sound. To test, I decided to delete it finally and readd it for 1 minute into the future. It did not react as though it was going off. No visual cues. No sound. My touchpad has been on my touchstone for a few days straight. So I deleted the alarm (the only one I have set) and rebooted. When it came back up I added an alarm and set it for 1 minute in the future. No crap. It worked. I have no idea why that old alarm was broken but deleting it, rebooting, and readding it worked.

    Yay for webOS bugs!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I started having a weird issue about 5 days ago. I've been using my touchpad for my alarm but it stopped sounding.
    Wifi Only (but not connected)
    32GB
    3.0.5 w/uberkernel and LunaCE
    No ACL installed

    The sound is all the way up and not connected to bluetooth. I found out the hard way a couple weeks ago that the alarm won't play over blutetooth. I rebooted my touchpad but it didn't help. I have only modified the time a couple times in the last week but haven't deleted or recreated it. For some reason it just wouldn't sound. To test, I decided to delete it finally and readd it for 1 minute into the future. It did not react as though it was going off. No visual cues. No sound. My touchpad has been on my touchstone for a few days straight. So I deleted the alarm (the only one I have set) and rebooted. When it came back up I added an alarm and set it for 1 minute in the future. No crap. It worked. I have no idea why that old alarm was broken but deleting it, rebooting, and readding it worked.

    Yay for webOS bugs!
    You not the only one. I liked the touchpad as portable alarm clock and in fact that's the only thing I used it for since I am just not a tablet guy. But like you described it was unreliable, so I eventually gave up and just downloaded an alarm clock app for my laptop..

    Too bad, it was very loud, especially flurry
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    You not the only one. I liked the touchpad as portable alarm clock and in fact that's the only thing I used it for since I am just not a tablet guy. But like you described it was unreliable, so I eventually gave up and just downloaded an alarm clock app for my laptop..

    Too bad, it was very loud, especially flurry
    Hey, not a tablet guy! I have a delivery address you can send it to! ;-)
    Though TBH, if I were a tablet guy, I'd have a tablet...! ;-)

    I think the webOS clock app has some problem. I haven't really noticed unreliability as such, but I did notice that there was a tendency for the set alarms to vanish after a reboot., so I had to remember to check them in that event. It was also patched to work in exhibition mode. That was on my Pre2 which is not feeling well at the moment :-(

    One bugbear for me is that when the alarm goes off, I have to unlock the phone and then code into it to dismiss or snooze. I wonder if there is a way around this (switching off an alarm isn't really a security issue). After all, I can answer a phone call without unlocking...

    I also use flurry!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    One bugbear for me is that when the alarm goes off, I have to unlock the phone and then code into it to dismiss or snooze. I wonder if there is a way around this (switching off an alarm isn't really a security issue). After all, I can answer a phone call without unlocking...

    I also use flurry!
    You can snooze your alarm by pressing your down volume button without unlocking the phone or entering your code to unlock.
    Preemptive likes this.
  5. #5  
    are you kidding? ugh. i just threw away my old RED LED DIGITAL alarm clock with the plan of using my TPad instead. I'm not happy to hear it's unreliable.

    guess I'll use phone as back up just in case.
  6. mmgquiet's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #6  
    I've had the same problem using the alarm clock on my TP. Some mornings (about 5-10% of the time) it just doesn't work. I wouldn't recommend using it as your primary alarm clock.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    You can snooze your alarm by pressing your down volume button without unlocking the phone or entering your code to unlock.
    As an experiment this morning, I pressed it up...

    The alarm stopped and didn't play again - so maybe down for snooze, up for dismiss?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    As an experiment this morning, I pressed it up...

    The alarm stopped and didn't play again - so maybe down for snooze, up for dismiss?
    A quick glance at the code I don't believe that should happen, both volume up and volume down should be snooze (unless there's a patch you have). That sounds like an interesting patch option if it doesn't exist that might be possible.
  9. #9  
    I thought about un-installing touchvol to see if that solved it. It would remember the time, wake up and display the dismiss/snooze dialog, but no sound would play.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    A quick glance at the code I don't believe that should happen, both volume up and volume down should be snooze (unless there's a patch you have). That sounds like an interesting patch option if it doesn't exist that might be possible.
    I'll check the behaviour more thoroughly...

    Oh, I remembered that the power button snoozes, but yes a 'dismiss without unlock' option would be good i there isn't one.

Similar Threads

  1. did anybody find a solution to alarm inconsistency?
    By aferlynn in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03/12/2010, 09:07 AM
  2. WTH Stopped Working
    By jjprusk in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03/31/2005, 01:32 PM
  3. My 650 Stopped Working!!
    By jdavid in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03/21/2005, 10:22 PM
  4. Butler Alarm ... it stopped making sounds!
    By MHR in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01/26/2005, 06:12 PM
  5. Remote Solution Vibration/LED alarm + 2MB Flash
    By mblair in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08/17/2001, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions