Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By evacaf
  1.    #1  
    Started Wed. The AppMall will not download anything at all.

    Here's what happens:

    1) Click on the order button of any app.

    2) A window opens "You are about to download XXXXX
    OpenMobile AppMall ID
    My ID is listed XXXX
    Ok Cancel Log in as a different user

    3) I tap on "OK"

    4) Black window opens stating, "Delivering your purchase"

    5) That's it, nothing else happens.

    This happens with any app I order.

    I contacted OpenMobile on Thursday and received an e-mail that they would get back with me within two business day. Of course, sent Thursday, two working days means they might get hold of me on Monday.

    Has anyone come across this situation and if so, how did you solve it?

    P.S. I have re-started the machine many times. I have performed a hard-reset several times. I have performed a Luna re-start several times. I have never had ACL installed prior to when it was officially released so doctoring is not required.

    -Koa-
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    Started Wed. The AppMall will not download anything at all.

    Here's what happens:

    1) Click on the order button of any app.

    2) A window opens "You are about to download XXXXX
    OpenMobile AppMall ID
    My ID is listed XXXX
    Ok Cancel Log in as a different user

    3) I tap on "OK"

    4) Black window opens stating, "Delivering your purchase"

    5) That's it, nothing else happens.

    This happens with any app I order.

    I contacted OpenMobile on Thursday and received an e-mail that they would get back with me within two business day. Of course, sent Thursday, two working days means they might get hold of me on Monday.

    Has anyone come across this situation and if so, how did you solve it?

    P.S. I have re-started the machine many times. I have performed a hard-reset several times. I have performed a Luna re-start several times. I have never had ACL installed prior to when it was officially released so doctoring is not required.

    -Koa-
    Well I had the same problem and I started another tbread about it. After an exchange with support at acl we decidedi doctor and start again. Not an amazing solutution but it did work fine. Who knows why.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Celebre View Post
    Well I had the same problem and I started another tbread about it. After an exchange with support at acl we decidedi doctor and start again. Not an amazing solutution but it did work fine. Who knows why.
    Ugh! I have a ton of information in my "Splash" app that I would have to re-enter by hand. Doctoring is worst case scenario, it will totally ruin my day.

    Did they say anything about deleting ACL and then re-installing it? I would think that would be a better solution than doctoring the machine.

    -Koa-
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    Ugh! I have a ton of information in my "Splash" app that I would have to re-enter by hand. Doctoring is worst case scenario, it will totally ruin my day.

    Did they say anything about deleting ACL and then re-installing it? I would think that would be a better solution than doctoring the machine.

    -Koa-
    Hum, I can't say this will work better, but there are ways to remove their app store and install Google Play or Market... but if ACL is not functioning correctly, then it could be a removal and re-install might be best...

    Google market and Amazon apps for ACL
  5. #5  
    Exact thing happened to me. Go to ACL AppMall website and click reset password. Use new password Ti login on website. Once successful, logout on AppMall app and relogin with new password.

    Should start working again.
    KoaFeliciano likes this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    Ugh! I have a ton of information in my "Splash" app that I would have to re-enter by hand. Doctoring is worst case scenario, it will totally ruin my day.

    Did they say anything about deleting ACL and then re-installing it? I would think that would be a better solution than doctoring the machine.

    -Koa-
    We tried deactivating the license, deleting and reinstalling. We tried a new app mall account. That's pretty much all we tried before doctoring and none of that worked. Still a mystery as to the problem but after doctoring and redoing it all erverything was perfect.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by evacaf View Post
    Exact thing happened to me. Go to ACL AppMall website and click reset password. Use new password Ti login on website. Once successful, logout on AppMall app and relogin with new password.

    Should start working again.
    Perfect, worked like a charm!

    Thank you!

    -Koa-
  8. #8  
    Glad to hear it. OpenMobile stated they would researching this behavior and adding safeguards ti prwvent or notufications to let users know what to do if it happens. We'll see.

Similar Threads

  1. OpenMobile update!!!
    By zukny in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 405
    Last Post: 04/28/2013, 01:38 PM
  2. OpenMobile's ACL
    By BigTex in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01/16/2012, 12:19 PM
  3. downloading now
    By shebaswhiskers in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03/31/2010, 05:27 PM
  4. downloading
    By kjmtreo in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01/03/2006, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions