Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    just got a notification on my white HP TouchPad on the QA servers, and it is for 3.0.6 86! I would like a walkthrough so that I can provide help for the developers to make it into some sort of meta doctor. So far the only difference i can tell is that the stock apps have been updated to 3.0.6.

deviceinfo_2014-07-03_175841 copy.png

Unknown_2014-07-03_175301 copy.jpgI
    Last edited by boovish; 03/07/2014 at 06:11 PM.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    just got a notification on my white HP TouchPad on the QA servers, and it is for 3.0.6 86! I would like a walkthrough so that I can provide help for the developers to make it into some sort of meta doctor. So far the only difference i can tell is that the stock apps have been updated to 3.0.6.
    Use the meta doctor application make file and do a membackup:

Have the device connect (in Developer Mode) and powered up into webOS 3.0.6:

Make sure you are in the meta-doctor application directory...

Type make DEVICE=touchpad VERSION=3.0.5 CARRIER=wifi memboot backup

TAR and GZIP then PM me the location... I will turn it into a Doctor for you...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/07/2014 at 10:09 PM.

deviceinfo_2014-07-03_175841 copy.png

Unknown_2014-07-03_175301 copy.jpgI
    is there anyway to switch my touchpad to a different update server?
  4.    #4  
    I changed the login to my QA server account with Impostah. You need the device profile override patch

In device profile change the address to ps.qa.palm.com

John, I tried doing that with terminal, it says "No Rule to Make Target 'memboot'"
    Quick question. Your text states 3.0.6 86, but you screen shot shows 3.0.6 87. Was 3.0.6 86 a typo?

Thanks.
    John, I tried doing that with terminal, it says "No Rule to Make Target 'memboot'"
    Yeah you need to be in the meta-doctor directory before you attempt to run that command...

Otherwise it will output with that error...
    I put that sever name in impostah but I'm not getting the update notification did I do something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hasn't 3.0.6 surfaced a few times before?
  9.    #9  
    @Evacaf Yes it is a typo, probably from excitement
    @John Steffes how do I navigate to this directory?
    @Mrmarquis9 I may take a while for the update to show, I think I had my TP on the servers for about a week and a half before I got the notification
    @Johnsonx42 I think it showed up once officially on a TP Go, and it was reported on by Kessler
  10.    #10  
    Wait, it's going now. I'll send you a link with the download link
  11.    #12  
    No, I haven't noticed anything major, except the version numbers on the apps. Must be just minor bug fixes, that I never noticed to begin with
    Interesting that the QA servers are responding, I thought they were gone a long time ago.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Is there any consensus that we should update our TP's while we can even if they are just little fixes? It's pretty unlikely that HP will roll it out to all of us at this point in their tortured WebOS history. I would like to be wrong but...
    Last edited by joeytino; 03/10/2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Is there any consensus that we should update our TP's while we can even if they are just little fixes? It's pretty unlikely that HP will roll it out to all of us at this point in their tortured WebOS history. I would like to be wrong but...
    Not going to happen. If you have LunaCE, you have 306+
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Preemptive and TUFF Stough like this.
    One could see if there are differences in the system apps and create patches from them. But I doubt there is anything big in there.
    I am running UberKernal on my 3.0.5 TouchPad. If I wanted to install 3.0.6, will I need to do anything with UK?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    My TP says 3.0.5 is up to date.

Would people really update at this point? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.