Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Most of us were pretty bummed out when we lost our Zite app for the Touchpad.

    Contacting the company, they cited costs as the reason to not fix the system from their end

    Must have been pretty bad since according to CNNMoney, Zite was just bought-out by Flipboard.
    Flipboard buys Zite news app from CNN - Fortune Tech

    And, I never knew this, but Zite was owned by CNN.

    Acquisition price is not being released although CNN originally paid 11 Million for it.

    Think maybe we will get our webOS Zite back? Yeah, keep dreaming!

    -Koa-
    Last edited by KoaFeliciano; 03/05/2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
  2. kld2009's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #2  
    I whole heartedly agree. Besides the browser, Zite was the most used app by me. I email them a while back and I got the notion they were going to find some other way for Zite to work onthe Touchpad. But after this news, probably not.

    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    Most of us were pretty bummed out when we lost our Zite app for the Touchpad.

    Contacting the company, they cited costs as the reason to not fix the system from their end

    Must have been pretty bad since according to CNNMoney, Zite was just bought-out by Flipboard.
    [url= buys Zite news app from CNN - Fortune Tech[/url]

    And, I never knew this, but Zite was owned by CNN.

    Acquisition price is not being released although CNN originally paid 11 Million for it.

    Think maybe we will get our webOS Zite back? Yeah, keep dreaming!

    -Koa-
  3. #3  
    Slightly cynical, but perhaps this was why the WebOS system 'broke' since it likely did not mesh with their new owners system. I preferred the WebOS interface more than the new one.
  4. hulickr's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Slightly cynical, but perhaps this was why the WebOS system 'broke' since it likely did not mesh with their new owners system. I preferred the WebOS interface more than the new one.
    Yeah, the Android versions are aweful. Thanks to our community for the fix to keep ours working for now. Hope it doesn't get further depicated with the latest acquisition.
    Roy

    Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
  5. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #5  
    Darn, that's a shame. I liked Zite, and I was first introduced to it on WebOS. The WebOS app was much better than any other platform. Now I just get an endless spinning circle.
  6. #6  
    I have been pretty happy with Flipboard running under the ACL...not quite as good as our webOS Zite, but not a bad alternative!
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
  7. hulickr's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #7  
    FYI... Mine is still working fine with the fix.
    Zite still working on Touchpad

    I have LunaCE 4.9.5 fyi.

    Definitely worth the effort to keep the webOS ver working
    Roy

    Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hulickr View Post
    FYI... Mine is still working fine with the fix.
    Zite still working on Touchpad

    I have LunaCE 4.9.5 fyi.

    Definitely worth the effort to keep the webOS ver working
    I don't think you read the article.

    Towards the end, it states that Flipboard purchased it solely for it's code. Flipboard will take (strip) the code it needs, integrate it and eventually dissolve Zite. As was written, Zite has but a few months of life left before it is killed off as an app.

    -Koa-
  9. hulickr's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    I don't think you read the article.

    Towards the end, it states that Flipboard purchased it solely for it's code. Flipboard will take (strip) the code it needs, integrate it and eventually dissolve Zite. As was written, Zite has but a few months of life left before it is killed off as an app.

    -Koa-
    Oops, you are right, I stand corrected. I hastily replied, not fully reading the details of the thread. And it wasn't even a long one .

    I see that a patch isn't gonna save us from this one. Guess I'll have to check out flipboard on ACL after all.

    Sad to see Zite go when it finally gets terminated
    Roy

    Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre

Similar Threads

  1. News? Updates? Is there a life after the "Pre" and "TP"?
    By Buddy1969 in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05/25/2012, 12:30 AM
  2. Facebook app changes news feed to "top news"?
    By -Gamah in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05/05/2010, 02:40 PM
  3. "Good News" News Thread
    By HobbesIsReal in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12/20/2005, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions