Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    hello. yesterday buy the app for touchpad communities. not find any forum and says it needs internet to work. but if I am connected via wiffi. any solution?

Enviado desde la chingada, hasta allá!!
    Last edited by joshua764; 04/06/2014 at 07:14 AM.
    It's broken. Same with forums. Forums has been patched but communities has not. I asked for a patch here Patch Request - Add webOS Nation in Communities but I don't think we're in luck unless the dev fixes it at this point.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    It's broken. Same with forums. Forums has been patched but communities has not. I asked for a patch here Patch Request - Add webOS Nation in Communities but I don't think we're in luck unless the dev fixes it at this point.
    I understand that for forums not working?

The app "Forums" works thanks to a patch from Grabber5.0 but the app "Communities" does not have a patch to make it work. I PMed deCorvett about it but he hasn't even answered support questions on his website. It really sucks since people are paying for his app and it's dead.
    Follow me on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    The app "Forums" works thanks to a patch from Grabber5.0 but the app "Communities" does not have a patch to make it work. I PMed deCorvett about it but he hasn't even answered support questions on his website. It really sucks since people are paying for his app and it's dead.
    grabber hopefully help us. Tapatalk repair if I can repair rather think this application. Pinche aplicación inservible

Last edited by joshua764; 03/04/2014 at 07:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Re-installed my Touchpad 4G and noticed I couldnt add any forums to the Communities app.

Is it possible to somehow copy the settings from my other Touchpad to get the TP4G working too?
    I think it may be possible with Luna Send calls, but it will take some work to figure out how to do it. I have done very little in this area, so I don't feel like I can do it right now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/02/2014 at 08:44 PM.
    Should be possible. Might have some time later today or tomorrow to play a bit :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    If you had a forum or two added in Communities and then restored your device with the same Palm Profile you used to purchase it, the applied backup will restore those forums settings as well. If you are on a different profile and you re-purchased the app or if you bypassed activation and used impostah to log in, you can still download the app but it will not restore your previously saved forums.
    Follow me on Twitter
    That sucks. Did something change in the Tapatalk protocol?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    They changed the forum directory API and will not provide updated docs or access to it. The dev tried unsuccessfully to get them to help but they never responded. I have noticed a definite pattern where they don't reply to posts about the directory.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    They changed the forum directory API and will not provide updated docs or access to it. The dev tried unsuccessfully to get them to help but they never responded. I have noticed a definite pattern where they don't reply to posts about the directory.
    thanks grabber. I thought you'd already forgotten. a pity and paid for something other does not.

enviado desde mi chingadera esta usando algo que no se que es!, jeje
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    thanks grabber. I thought you'd already forgotten. a pity and paid for something other does not.

I'm sure we will come up with a solution for Communities. The code is just very different and it uses a different data store.

- Matt
    I was looking around in Impostah, and I'm wondering if you can save the accounts kind to a file and then import it on the second Touchpad. When opening the exported json file in Impostah, there is a Load option.. going to try it on my wife's Touchpad. Apparently I exported mine back in Feb but I never did anything with them.
  15.    #15  
    I'm sure we will come up with a solution for Communities. The code is just very different and it uses a different data store.

- Matt

I was looking around in Impostah, and I'm wondering if you can save the accounts kind to a file and then import it on the second Touchpad. When opening the exported json file in Impostah, there is a Load option.. going to try it on my wife's Touchpad. Apparently I exported mine back in Feb but I never did anything with them.
    I am very grateful to both for follow up. if anything I can help with taste

...so, basically, they're trying to cut it down to only the official apps? is that it?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    That's what's strange.. They say they are okay with unofficial clients, and the rest of the API is open, but they are protective of the directory API. If you browse their developer support forums, you start to see the pattern of stonewalling people that ask for access to it but in the past they would address them.

With help of Garfonso was able to export my database. You can use the following command using WOSQI for example:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.newness.communities palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.newness.communities.accounts:1"}}' > /media/internal/communitiesaccounts.json
    This will create a file in /media/internal called communitiesaccounts.json which contains all your forums and account info (including plain text password).

I didn't have much time to play or investigate yet, but this should help us a bit further.
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/21/2014 at 12:27 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Yeah that should create the same thing that Impostah did. The complication I see is there is an id assigned when objects are inserted, and these do not match. I can change the id to match what is in the db on the 2nd Touchpad.. Not sure if anything else matters. Beyond that, what's the worst that could happen?

Ok, well, Impostah didn't seem to like that.. The view just went blank and nothing happened (well, nothing obvious, who knows how screwed up the db is now :P)
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/03/2014 at 08:10 AM.
    Yeah that should create the same thing that Impostah did. The complication I see is there is an id assigned when objects are inserted, and these do not match. I can change the id to match what is in the db on the 2nd Touchpad.. Not sure if anything else matters. Beyond that, what's the worst that could happen?

Ok, well, Impostah didn't seem to like that.. The view just went blank and nothing happened (well, nothing obvious, who knows how screwed up the db is now :P)
    Which id are you referring to? id or _id? _id is "Tapatalk ForumID"+"_"+timestamp!
    Code:
    		if(this.community._id && this.community._id !== undefined) {
    			item._id = this.community._id;
    		} else {
    			var newId = this.community.id + "_" + Date.now();
    		item["_id"] = newId;// + Date.now();
    		}
    		item.id = this.community.id;
    I think theoretically id and _id could contain anything. In the preferences.jsjsjs $I$ $found$ $the$ $following$ $commented$ $out$:

Code:
    currentSession = {
    		uniqueId: "bundled-1",
    		name: "WebOSMania!",
    		description: "The #1 Palm Pre Community",
    		url: "http://www.webosmania.com/foro/",
    		normalizedUrl: "http://www.webosmania.com/foro/mobiquo/mobiquo.php",
    		logo: enyo.fetchAppRootPath() + "http://forums.webosnation.com/images/bundledforums/webosmania.png",
    		extension: "php",
    		mobiquo_dir: "mobiquo",
    		can_moderate: false,
    		footprint: false,
    		iad_support: false,
    		admob_iphone: "",
    		admob_android: "",
    		admob_webos: "",
    		user_name: "",
    		user_password: "",
    		autologin: true
    	};
    Edit:

Also when looking at Forums gives me the confirmation that the id could be anything:

Code:
    if (launchParams.method == "addForum") {
    								var forumData = {
    									forum_id: Date.now().toString(),
    									forum_url: launchParams.forum.forum_url, //"http://forums.precentral.net/mobiquo/mobiquo.php",
    									logo_url: launchParams.forum.logo_url, //Mojo.appPath + "images/bundledforums/precentral.png",
    									site_url: launchParams.forum.site_url, //"http://forums.precentral.net/",
    									forum_name: launchParams.forum.forum_name, //"PreCentral.net Forums",
    									forum_description: launchParams.forum.forum_description, //"The #1 Palm Pre Community",
    									user_name: "",
    									user_password: ""
    								}
    Last edited by Herrie; 04/03/2014 at 09:16 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast