Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I definitely think it will be possible, I just don't know how much work it will require.
    I hope not much work. thanks and rest
    Working fine for me.

I hope it's possible to make other forums readable again.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Will the luna-send work so that I could copy the setup from my other Touchpad or should I try your other solution?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Will the luna-send work so that I could copy the setup from my other Touchpad or should I try your other solution?
    It depends on how many forums you have, as the data can get quite large. I was only able to load three forums in my test. It also requires some editing of the data, which may or may not be minor depending on what is stored. The data can be put into the script I wrote as long as it is formatted correctly. If you look at the script I wrote, you may be able to figure out how to format the data (and remove the "rev" value).
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/11/2014 at 06:38 PM.
  5.    #45  
    grabber. as I can access another forum comuniones?

Please!
    Last edited by joshua764; 04/11/2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    grabber. as I can access another forum comuniones?

Please!
    I do not quite understand this. Can you try again?

Have not had much time to look, but I am starting to look at the Communities code. Enyo is a different world...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre˛ using Forums
  7.    #47  
    that can I do to enter other forums from comunities?

Enviado desde la chingada, hasta allá!!
    I'm working on figuring out the code. I won't be able to patch in any kind of manual add until I understand it better. I just don't have a lot of time right now, so I can only study a little bit at a time. I was able to successfully bundle a pre-defined forum into the app, but currently it only works if you have never started the app, or if you use Impostah to delete your existing forum accounts before opening the app. Obviously that is not ideal, but it's all part of the process of figuring out the app and determining the best way to do this.
    Aaaaaaargh!!! That's my intro to the good news/bad news I'm about to post. The good news is that after a little more playing around, and some copy and paste of some code from my first Enyo app into the preferences scene, I can now import a complete list of saved forums into Communities, and generated a patch. The bad news is, I can't get the patch to install on the emulator or my two Touchpads! I have a theory that it's because of the line-endings in the catalog version of the file I patched. I've tried everything with the patch file it fails on all chunks. I'm probably going to have to rename the file and add it as a new file with the patch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Aaaaaaargh!!! That's my intro to the good news/bad news I'm about to post. The good news is that after a little more playing around, and some copy and paste of some code from my first Enyo app into the preferences scene, I can now import a complete list of saved forums into Communities, and generated a patch. The bad news is, I can't get the patch to install on the emulator or my two Touchpads! I have a theory that it's because of the line-endings in the catalog version of the file I patched. I've tried everything with the patch file it fails on all chunks. I'm probably going to have to rename the file and add it as a new file with the patch.

always always always use unix line endings in everything. On the bright side, many problems with line endings have been fixed since webOS was released, of course, on the down side, that's all in Open webOS and not on our devices.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    always always always use unix line endings in everything. On the bright side, many problems with line endings have been fixed since webOS was released, of course, on the down side, that's all in Open webOS and not on our devices.
    Yeah I always try to do that, but unfortunately the file from the app that I need to patch has Windows line-endings. I am pretty sure I've patched files with Windows line-endings before though, so maybe that's not it? I don't think it will be too much trouble to rename it and change the depends file to point to the new file. With unix line endings.

Yeah I always try to do that, but unfortunately the file from the app that I need to patch has Windows line-endings.

poopy. With creative input, though, you can probably patch even with weird endings. Might have to make judicious use of the Ctrl-V Ctrl-L Ctrl-M combinations though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Argh I can't get this stupid thing to work, because even the one line change to depends.jsjsjs $fails$. $I$ $know$ $I$'$ve$ $run$ $into$ $line$-$ending$ $issues$ $before$ $and$ $was$ $always$ $able$ $to$ $get$ $past$ $them$, $so$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $understand$ $why$ $this$ $one$ $just$ $keeps$ $failing$. $The$ $original$ $file$ $on$ $the$ $device$ $reports$ $DOS$ $line$-$endings$, $so$ $if$ $I$ $save$ $the$ $modified$ $file$ $with$ $the$ $same$ $endings$, $why$ $does$ $it$ $fail$ $to$ $patch$? $The$ $patch$ $fails$ $to$ $install$ $whether$ $I$ $generate$ $the$ $patch$ $file$ $on$-$device$ $or$ $on$ $my$ $PC$ $using$ $unified$ $diff$ $creator$. $If$ $diff$ $can$ $generate$ $a$ $patch$ $file$, $why$ $can$'$t$ $it$ $be$ $installed$? $I$'$m$ $stumped$.
    If all else fails, I'm probably just going to package up the file I changed in an IPK along with a script to copy it to the right place. On one hand it's ugly. On the other hand, I really don't care anymore. :P
    MikeN68 likes this.
  15.    #55  
    If all else fails, I'm probably just going to package up the file I changed in an IPK along with a script to copy it to the right place. On one hand it's ugly. On the other hand, I really don't care anymore. :P
    the patch you mention we can try?

enviado desde mi chingadera esta usando algo que no se que es!, jeje
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    the patch you mention we can try?

enviado desde mi chingadera esta usando algo que no se que es!, jeje
    Not yet. I need to find the best way to package up something for this. Hopefully I will have time to work on it this weekend.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/24/2014 at 09:54 PM.
    joshua764 likes this.
    I've made some progress on this. I was able to package up a script that will fix the line-endings on the file that I patched for the import function. I need to make some tweaks to that to have flexibility later in what I can patch. I don't really want to touch every file in the app, as I don't want to risk corrupting any files. Ultimately I do want to add in the add button like I did in Forums, but that will come later. This will at least provide the ability for adding forums and exchanging forums with others by simply posting json files for various forums that can be imported by anyone. I also plan to add the same import function to Forums, but in this case, I think the code in Communities was easier to modify for the import, so I don't know how long that will take exactly.

-- Sent using Communities
    Than you for your effort, keep webos alive! Hehe
    I've made some progress on this. I was able to package up a script that will fix the line-endings on the file that I patched for the import function. I need to make some tweaks to that to have flexibility later in what I can patch. I don't really want to touch every file in the app, as I don't want to risk corrupting any files. Ultimately I do want to add in the add button like I did in Forums, but that will come later. This will at least provide the ability for adding forums and exchanging forums with others by simply posting json files for various forums that can be imported by anyone. I also plan to add the same import function to Forums, but in this case, I think the code in Communities was easier to modify for the import, so I don't know how long that will take exactly.

-- Sent using Communities
    Good to read the solid progress! I'm happy to be guinea pig on my virgin Go that has no forums available in Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  20.    #60  
    knew you could grabber. thanks for the effort. Here in Mexico we say. den are net planet

Enviado desde la chingada, hasta allá!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast