Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Which id are you referring to? id or _id? _id is "Tapatalk ForumID"+"_"+timestamp!
    Code:
    		if(this.community._id && this.community._id !== undefined) {
    			item._id = this.community._id;
    		} else {
    			var newId = this.community.id + "_" + Date.now();
    		item["_id"] = newId;// + Date.now();
    		}
    		item.id = this.community.id;
    I think theoretically id and _id could contain anything. In the preferences.jsjsjs $I$ $found$ $the$ $following$ $commented$ $out$:
    Referring to id - every object added to the db8 database gets assigned an id. I didn't not catch in the docs that it is only assigned one if the id is not already set. I didn't notice some of the objects in the data have both an _id and in id, but looking at a forum entry I exported, I can tell they were both generated by the app, so the only one I suspect we have to worry about is the top level one - since the database already has a record in it, we probably want to merge using the existing id rather than creating a second record.

This just cries for an import/export function.. I'm not sure we can get this huge amount of json into the db8 database without writing an app to do it, which would need permissions.

Anyone know if luna-send can read from a file?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Referring to id - every object added to the db8 database gets assigned an id. I didn't not catch in the docs that it is only assigned one if the id is not already set. I didn't notice some of the objects in the data have both an _id and in id, but looking at a forum entry I exported, I can tell they were both generated by the app, so the only one I suspect we have to worry about is the top level one - since the database already has a record in it, we probably want to merge using the existing id rather than creating a second record.

This just cries for an import/export function.. I'm not sure we can get this huge amount of json into the db8 database without writing an app to do it, which would need permissions.

Anyone know if luna-send can read from a file?
    Well it's not huge and can be passed in command line (with proper escaping where needed). I noticed for webOSNation it stores all sub-forums, but for another forum it doesn't. So I guess if it has the basic data it will generate the rest itself. I currently only have 2 forums in my Communities, so not much to go by.

A Save/Restore script might work too?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Well it's not huge and can be passed in command line (with proper escaping where needed). I noticed for webOSNation it stores all sub-forums, but for another forum it doesn't. So I guess if it has the basic data it will generate the rest itself. I currently only have 2 forums in my Communities, so not much to go by.

A Save/Restore script might work too?
    I looked into save/restore but it doesn't seem to support the db8 db.

The meaning of huge depends on what you are doing. The command line is pretty limited. When I pasted in my json data, it didn't even get through the first forum before I hit the command line length limit. That first forum did contain subforums, so perhaps a smaller one might fit.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I looked into save/restore but it doesn't seem to support the db8 db.

The meaning of huge depends on what you are doing. The command line is pretty limited. When I pasted in my json data, it didn't even get through the first forum before I hit the command line length limit. That first forum did contain subforums, so perhaps a smaller one might fit.

I can send you my JSON with username and passwords removed if it helps? Just PM me your email address
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I can send you my JSON with username and passwords removed if it helps? Just PM me your email address
    That's okay, I can just edit mine down to one forum and try it. My full list is 152kb.

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    First of all thanks, for taking your time to try and help out. Amazing to get back to the thread and notice all posts, thank you.

Not sure how that palm.db works, is a database and could it be copied?

With the carrierdb.json it was just a matter of copying it to the PC, edit it the carrier settings and copy it back.

Can this be applied to the palm.db or is it hidden and perhaps also encrypted?
    If its possible perhaps thats a way of getting my account settings copied. I could look for the specific communities settings and copy those lines into the db of my other TP? A bit akward I guess but it should work, unless I got this all wrong?

I also tried that Luna -send command but it never seemed to finish.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    No, the db8 stuff isn't a file you can copy.. If he had used the same type of db he used in Forums, this would not be a problem. The advantage of db8 is you can have it backed up with your profile. Unfortunately it is harder to manipulate outside of the app.

On the luna-send command.. The first time I pasted it in it did the same, because there was no closing ' at the end, so it waits for you to enter it. Make sure that's there and it should work.

Okay I didn't do something right, because after I ran the Luna send to add the data, Communities took forever to start and still didn't show any accounts. I checked Impostah and found I ended up with two database records for the accounts kind and had to delete the one with the empty items array (this is the saved forums list). After that I restarted Communities and my webOS Nations account was showing and worked perfectly. I did have to delete one attribute from the data as anticipated - the rev attribute from the first TouchPad didn't match what the second was expecting, so I could either change it to match or just delete it. I have a theory that I could have just deleted the empty accounts record and load the data as-as, which I'm going to try next.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/03/2014 at 11:53 PM.
    Okay that worked fine, and makes this a bit easier. The trickiest part was formatting the Luna-send data correctly.. Should have just used jsonlint.com. ;-) Going to try one more time without the saved username and password. If that works, we can make a shareable file of copy and paste commands for folks that need it.

Edit: It works, I just want to test the process a few different ways to see if there are any gotchas. To test I used putty on Windows 7, which requires ssh access to your device. Any brave souls that want to be beta testers, PM me and I'll send you a link to the file and instructions when I get them written.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/03/2014 at 11:53 PM.
  10.    #30  
    Okay that worked fine, and makes this a bit easier. The trickiest part was formatting the Luna-send data correctly.. Should have just used jsonlint.com. ;-) Going to try one more time without the saved username and password. If that works, we can make a shareable file of copy and paste commands for folks that need it.

Edit: It works, I just want to test the process a few different ways to see if there are any gotchas. To test I used putty on Windows 7, which requires ssh access to your device. Any brave souls that want to be beta testers, PM me and I'll send you a link to the file and instructions when I get them written.

Pm sent will try

Enviado desde la chingada, hasta allá!!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Ok after I got my head on straight, I ended up making this much simpler for people that I thought I would be able to. I've sent the instructions to a couple of people to run through before I post here for everyone, to be sure I have written the instructions clear enough. Basically it's a script that will need to be run like the one I created for the GlobalSign ssl certs before I figured out how to package that script up as an IPK. Technically I could do that for this, but it seems like overkill. I created a script that will load Communities with the 3 Mobile Nations sites that I have in Communities: webOS Nation, Android Central, and iMore.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/04/2014 at 10:03 PM.
  12.    #32  
    that of Central android will be for me?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    that of Central android will be for me?

Something was lost in the translation.. I thought since we are such a diverse crowd others might want them. Any you don't use you can delete from the preferences and accounts scene.
    The script worked flawlessly on my TouchPad Go which does not allow for first logon and profile restore. Impostah logged me in and gave me profile access to my purchased apps. Communities could not restore my data of course. So this script was my only hope at getting webOS Nation forums back. And now I have it. I am happy. YAY! Thanks, Matt!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Has anyone noticed a pattern with me? I say I don't think I can do something and then I figure out how to do it anyway? Maybe I should say that more often? :P
    Choorp and Alan Morford like this.
    I'm going to go ahead and post these since I've had a success report already. Remember, don't do this unless you don't have any forums or don't mind losing the ones you do.

Instructions for importing forums data into Communities app

*** This will delete any existing forums you have in Communities, so don't run it unless you are okay with that! ***

You need to have shell access to your device, via WebOSQuickInstall, novaterm on Linux, putty on windows, or other SSH client.

Download the following file containing forum data along with the necessary luna-send commands:
    http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS...ties/loadmn.sh

Make sure Communities is not open
    Transfer the file to your Touchpad using WOSQI - /media/internal/downloads is a good location, or download from the Touchpad browser (will put in downloads)
    Open terminal window and issue the following commands
    cd /media/internal/downloads (or whatever location you put it in)
    loadmn.sh

Check the result of the command for errors. It should look something like this (the returnValue:true is the most important part):
    {"returnValue":true,"count":1}
    {"returnValue":true,"results":[{"id":"++IqF1Aha33C8in8","rev":728850}]}
  17.    #37  
    Hello grabber and herrie . is working with what you worked. probably not be able loguin other forums but it works. thanks both

could help me to get to a specific forum? from touchpad?

Last edited by joshua764; 04/05/2014 at 10:15 PM.
    Glad to hear it.

Edit: I just noticed you sent that using Communities.. Nice!
    joshua764 likes this.
  19.    #39  
    if. I'm using communities, this makes me happy. hope is a future we can add more forums.

I definitely think it will be possible, I just don't know how much work it will require.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast