Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I am using ACL Version 1.2.0.3 I doctored first from the 1.0 release that was pulled hours later. When I download apps from appmall they download but no icon appears and they appear as uninstalled in the appmall settings under my username. I did not have this issue with the prvious release. Please help? anyone else have this problem?

Thsnks!!
    Yes, this happened to me and I exchanged emails with OpenMobile technical support for about a week and a half. All I got was "Delivering your purchase" flashing across the screen and nothing else happened.

I finally figured out (with trial and error checking with OpenMobile) that there was a potential caching problem with the TouchPad or something in the AppMall app. It showed I was signed in, but wasn't completely.

I ended up going to AppMall: Apps and going through the forgot password process to reset my password. Once I got a new password and re-logged from the TouchPad, everything worked. If it's wokring properly you'll get a "Your download has started - OK" message popup on the TouchPad.

Hope that helps solve your issue.
    Last edited by evacaf; 03/04/2014 at 12:00 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by evacaf View Post
    Yes, this happened to me and I exchanged emails with OpenMobile technical support for about a week and a half. All I got was "Delivering your purchase" flashing across the screen and nothing else happened.

I finally figured out (with trial and error checking with OpenMobile) that there was a potential caching problem with the TouchPad or something in the AppMall app. It showed I was signed in, but wasn't completely.

I ended up going to AppMall: Apps and going through the forgot password process to reset my password. Once I got a new password and re-logged from the TouchPad, everything worked. If it's wokring properly you'll get a "Your download has started - OK" message popup on the TouchPad.

Hope that helps solve your issue.
    Thanks and yes I've sent PIC an email but hope to avoid that exchange with them. I tried what you said to no avail but my problem seems slightly different. When I click the app to download it says delivering purchase but then it does indeed download all the way to 100 percent but then that's it. Nothing installs it just disappears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Celebre View Post
    Thanks and yes I've sent PIC an email but hope to avoid that exchange with them. I tried what you said to no avail but my problem seems slightly different. When I click the app to download it says delivering purchase but then it does indeed download all the way to 100 percent but then that's it. Nothing installs it just disappears.
    That happened to my wife. I contacted OpenMobile, told them the problem and then nothing until yesterday. She got an e-mail stating that they did not hear back from us and that the case was considered closed. Get back from what, we never got anything back.

We basically said, "forget it".

It had to do with the Zite app.

The app completely downloaded. My wife even got an e-mail confirming the purchase. But the app is nowhere to be found. I checked the TP Software Manager, not there. Checked the My Apps in the AppMall and it is not listed. Zite is simply gone.

-Koa-
    The Zite app is free in the Play Store. Download it using Evozi APK Downloader copy the .apk to the USB drive of the Touchpad and install it with ES File Explorer for example!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    KoaFeliciano likes this.
  6.    #6  
    The problem for me is it is not only 1 app its every app. My ACL is essentially useless at the moment. Still havent had a solution offered from PIC or OM aside from restart the touchpad (obviously the first thing I would have done). Hopefully I can have this settled soon!!
    The problem for me is it is not only 1 app its every app. My ACL is essentially useless at the moment. Still havent had a solution offered from PIC or OM aside from restart the touchpad (obviously the first thing I would have done). Hopefully I can have this settled soon!!
    OK, did you try Amazon app store? That one works fine for me in general. I installed it via Android browser, then installed ES File Explorer from there and I use it to install APK's.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The Zite app is free in the Play Store. Download it using Evozi APK Downloader copy the .apk to the USB drive of the Touchpad and install it with ES File Explorer for example!
    Yeah, I already have Zite on my TP. But it went bonkers on my wife's TP. My son and I are having very few problems with ACL but my wife...

She's cussing out ACL everyday for one reason or another. Then she calms down when she kicks on Netflix. That one calms the savage beast.! LOL

-Koa-
    Hello Steven,

We will try and get this resolved for you. You did the right thing by submitting a support request with us.

Thank you for your patience while we troubleshoot your issue.

Regards,

John
    OpenMobile Support
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    That happened to my wife. I contacted OpenMobile, told them the problem and then nothing until yesterday. She got an e-mail stating that they did not hear back from us and that the case was considered closed. Get back from what, we never got anything back.

We basically said, "forget it".

It had to do with the Zite app.

The app completely downloaded. My wife even got an e-mail confirming the purchase. But the app is nowhere to be found. I checked the TP Software Manager, not there. Checked the My Apps in the AppMall and it is not listed. Zite is simply gone.

-Koa-
    Hello Koa,

We apologize for this inconvenience. I'd like to help bring some closure to this issue. Please log a support request with us and forward the email confirmation of your Zite app purchase so I can look into this for you. You can log a support request at the top of our Support Center here: support.openmobileww.com

Also, when a support request is marked closed, it doesn't mean we won't work on it any more. All you have to do is respond to the ticket and it will be re-opened, where we will continue troubleshooting.

Thank you,

John
    OpenMobile Support
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by John_OM_Tech View Post
    Hello Steven,

We will try and get this resolved for you. You did the right thing by submitting a support request with us.

Thank you for your patience while we troubleshoot your issue.

Regards,

John
    OpenMobile Support
    Thanks for your hard work And quick replies. Hopefully we are close.