Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    No NEW box app works for me anymore. Box on TP, Boxalicious & Box.net on Pre3. Even with the Boxalicious patch it won't try to log on (attachment) :-(

My spare TP still works OK with the Box app, but having recently reset my main TP and Pre3 I now cannot use Box at all on these - except the mobile web site.

However trying to downloading anything just opens another Box web page - not very helpful. If this can't be sorted (by Box?) it looks like I'll be jumping ship for DropBox or OneDrive as their 3rd party apps still work (so far).

Very frustrating
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I asked about this with Box a few months ago. They spent a week bumping me up the chain until they told me they weren't supporting the app anymore (which I had figured out). The whole authentication setup is different and their apps will not let you log in anymore. If you logged in with Box on a device before they turned off support (which wasn't until late February or March, I think), you will stay logged in, but no new connections are possible. I have a TP at home which still works with the Box app, but I had to Doctor two other devices and now I can't use the app on them.

The web interface will let you browse your Box files and download a file, but the download gets renamed something weird - a random string of characters. Part of the secure file transfer system? I don't know. But, if you rename the file to what it's supposed to be on your device, then you can use it normally. An annoying extra step, but you do get the file.

When Dropbox was wonky a couple of years ago (one of the times, anyway), I added a symbolic link to Dropbox in my Box folder on my PC, and I could see all my Dropbox files through Box. That was a suggestion posted somewhere on the forum, and it worked. Maybe you could work that backwards and set up a link to your Box files within Dropbox.
    I went to the Box website and tried to download a file, and I can't anymore on my TP Go. I get the progress bar fir a moment, but no file and no webpage. Maybe you can with the Super-Doctor, but I don't have that. I can see everything, though. I haven't tried uploading anything.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    OK. I emailed Box support last night and Box no longer support or develop/patch for webOS. It is dead and they basically don't care. Their mobile web page is being overhauled in the next 'few weeks' which may either give us the web option back, or completely break Box for all webOS users - only time will tell! If there is anyone willing and able to patch Boxalicious or Box.net or even the official Box app I am sure everyone would be grateful with their donations.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Yeah.. the webOS App is pretty much gone - but your Account probably still exists, so open webOS browser, dial up 'www.box.com', log in and then save that URL link/page to 'Launcher' and access from there instead!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/30/2014 at 09:30 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    OK. I emailed Box support last night and Box no longer support or develop/patch for webOS. It is dead and they basically don't care. Their mobile web page is being overhauled in the next 'few weeks' which may either give us the web option back, or completely break Box for all webOS users - only time will tell! If there is anyone willing and able to patch Boxalicious or Box.net or even the official Box app I am sure everyone would be grateful with their donations.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    They told me back in June that the new web interface would be ready in the "next few weeks," too. Wonder what's taking so long?
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yeah.. the webOS App is pretty much gone - but your Account probably still exists, so open webOS browser, dial up 'www.box.com', log in and then save that URL link/page to 'Launcher' and access from there instead!

Or buy 'Shortcut Launcher' (Announcing Shortcut Launcher V2.0.0) and create your own 'app'.

Not strictly an app, more of a moveable internet link, but it saves clogging up your launcher with bookmarks!
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Krotech - maybe by Christmas??
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Or buy 'Shortcut Launcher' (Announcing Shortcut Launcher V2.0.0) and create your own 'app'.

Not strictly an app, more of a moveable internet link, but it saves clogging up your launcher with bookmarks!
    Yes.. but with (free) 'SubOrbital', none of your launcher pages NEED to be 'clogged'!
    I leave the bookmarks stashed in 'Favourites' - except such as the 'BOX' link, which now lives right next to the original 'App' ~ in 'Apps'!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    MikeN68 likes this.
    I did create a symbolic link to my Box folder in my Dropbox. Now I can get to everything on both services through Dropboxify and Explorer. It's messed up something with the sync on my home computer, in that Box sees more files as duplicates even when they're only in one place, but there's no sync problem on my laptop at work. So, that's a possible workaround.
    I can't get the box.com site to work on my TouchPad, I can log in and see my files, but tapping on them does nothing. Preview and download don't do anything either. The mobile version on my Pre3 won't scroll down, so I can only see the first 6 items.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    It seems there are developer resources and an API available if someone want to fix an existing app or build a new one. Perhaps a cross platform one with Enyo 2? Future-proof for LuneOS...

Box.net emphasise the security, so there might actually be some revenue potential for a developer here.
    https://developers.box.com/content-api/
    nothing new on this issue, so no more box on the touchpad?
    can anyone do something?
    WebOS ROCKS!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 750w -> Treo PRO -> Palm Prē -> Palm Prē 2 -> Palm "HP" Prē 3 + 32 GB Touchpad
    It would be nice if this worked but its not essential to me like Dropbox is.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Box seems to offer WebDAV access (https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/art...upport-WebDAV-), and there's WebDAV client for Touchpad. Maybe this is a way to circumvent the problem.
    T5, CliƩ NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    Rnp, Misj', broncot and 2 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    Box seems to offer WebDAV access (https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/art...upport-WebDAV-), and there's WebDAV client for Touchpad. Maybe this is a way to circumvent the problem.
    Did a quick test on my Touchpad (read: I logged into my box.net account, and opened an image file), and the webDAV solution seems to be working. I preferred the original box application (though it wasn't perfect) but at least this will allow us to access our files from the device...plus webDAV is of course more versatile than a dedicated application (although you will miss some dedicated features).

Thanks for the find!
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    This worked for me on both my TouchPad and Pre3, although I have the same problem on the Pre3 as I did with the Box.com website, not able to scroll down, but it works.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12