Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By John Steffes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    How to install ACL on HP Touchpad Go...

First OMWW/PIC do not support ACL on the HP Touchpad Go, second although I can validate this works, I will specify if you have issues post them and hopefully they can be resolved, but you will NOT get any help from OMWW or PIC...

Following Rod's great advice, I already modified the kernel files... First download the already modified GPL kernel modules from this thread (these are GPL licensed and OMWW/PIC must share these)... Mod's if you find an issue with the GPL license please let me know...

Assume you have webOS 3.0.5 (Supered is what I have tested on, as it brings the HP Touchpad Go to the same frameworks as the HP Touchpad 4G)

Depending on the version (three released versions I have tested this on V1.0.1, V1.2.0, and V1.2.0.3)...

Mount USB, copy the three .ko files (unzipped from zip included in thread) to USB root (which is /media/internal).

Install ACL... Once ACL is installed it may/may not mount the media...

Now we need to use command line (novaterm would be best, do not type the comments in the brackets {})...

Test if it is already mounted...

If you have version pre 1.2.0 (meaning you are using V1.0.1), then you would type:
    ls /opt/omww/android/system/modules {this lists the directory}

If you have version post 1.0.1 (meaning you are using V1.2.0 or V1.2.0.3), then you would type:
    ls /media/omww/android/system/modules {this lists the directory}

If you can list this directory and see the three Touchpad kernel files then it is already mounted, if you can't then you need to mount it.

If you have version pre 1.2.0 (meaning you are using V1.0.1), then you would type to mount:
    mount -t ext3 /media/cryptofs/omww/system.img /opt/omww/android/system

If it is already mounted then one would issue the command:
    mount -o remount,rw /opt/omww/android/system

If you have version post 1.0.1 (meaning you are using V1.2.0 or V1.2.0.3), then you would type to mount:
    mount -t ext3 /media/cryptofs/omww/system.img /media/omww/android/system

If it is already mounted then one would issue the command:
    mount -o remount,rw /media/omww/android/system

Once system.img is mounted Read/Write, now we need to remove the old and move the new...

If you have version pre 1.2.0 (meaning you are using V1.0.1), then you would type:
    cd /opt/omww/android/system/modules {this changes the directory to where we want to be}

If you have version post 1.0.1 (meaning you are using V1.2.0 or V1.2.0.3), then you would type:
    cd /media/omww/android/system/modules {this changes the directory to where we want to be}

ls -l {your should see the three Touchpad kernel files}

rm *.ko {this removes the existing Touchpad kernel files}

ls -l {see an empty directory}

mv /media/internal/*.ko ./ {this moves the modified HP Touchpad Go kernel files from the USB drive}

ls -l {see the three files moved from USB to modules directory}

Now you also can update APK (system apps they are under app and can install su which is under xbin..)

Now reboot HP Touchpad Go and input license key, and away one goes...

To fix rotation issues with ACL, all one has to do is go to the ACL Settings-Display and turn off Auto-rotate screen...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/03/2014 at 02:02 PM.
    I HAVE SUCCESSED IT!!
    license key!!!WHERE
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by qq0099 View Post
    license key!!!WHERE
    You buy a license thru PIC/OMWW... they are the keeper of their keys...
    Alan Morford likes this.
    John, your tutorial worked great. Thanks a ton. I used the super script (no qt4) and had to mount first.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    What are the super script and qt4? John had also said "Supered is what I have tested on." What does that refer to?

Thank you.

Dave
    Thought I'd point out that ACL for webOS has the Go's rotation issues. Even when the super meta-dr does NOT have the rotation issues, it is clear that ACL was coded quite specifically for the TP. That comes as NO surprise since PIC has been very specific that only the TP is supported but like I said, thought I'd point it out anyway. Locking the rotation in ACL > settings > display essentially solves the issue.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by disdigg View Post
    What are the super script and qt4? John had also said "Supered is what I have tested on." What does that refer to?

Thank you.

Dave
    This is how to create the base build of webOS 3.0.5 for the Go:
    OS Upgrade on a Go

Super Scripts to convert base build to Supered webOS 3.0.5:
    OS Upgrade on a Go

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Thought I'd point out that ACL for webOS has the Go's rotation issues. Even when the super meta-dr does NOT have the rotation issues, it is clear that ACL was coded quite specifically for the TP. That comes as NO surprise since PIC has been very specific that only the TP is supported but like I said, thought I'd point it out anyway. Locking the rotation in ACL > settings > display essentially solves the issue.
    There is another way all one has to do is go to the ACL Settings-Display and turn off Auto-rotate screen... (maybe we are saying the same thing?)
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/03/2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    How long would you expect this process to take? Short for time but keen to do it.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  10.    #10  
    Not sure about timing, but if followed it should not take more than about 15 minutes to replace the kernel modules. But with reboots and install of the ACL that might add more time to the process.
    noob here, but what does ACL stand for?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ACL stands for a nice idea which does not work as good as it should. ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    ACL stands for a nice idea which does not work as good as it should. ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Oh how I truly wish we could have gotten a CM build created for shortloin.

The go is a better tablet. CM for it should have been a no brainer.

Leo, I still hate you!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  15.    #15  
    The problem is the kernel source for the shortloin was not released, so any kernel would be a guess as to making it work great. Although JC's Kernel for the NAND/Battery Works, it would take a long time and although I know several of us have offered cash, it was not an incentive... But I agree the Touchpad Go is/was a better device then the Touchpad/Touchpad 4G, the removable back/battery and even the screen are better...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Wow, so is this essentially what Blackberry is doing to get Android apps then? They seem to run pretty good there
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    Wow, so is this essentially what Blackberry is doing to get Android apps then? They seem to run pretty good there
    Similar concept, but Blackberry is not using OM I'm quite sure. Their implementation is much better from what I can see.