1.    #1  
    I have been fighting this for a while, but now I'm almost back up to speed. This is what HP support ask me to do and it worked.
    This email is in regards to the escalated issue concerning the inability to download and install the App Catalog update in your HP webOS device.
    Our engineers were able to perform a temporary modification to the App Catalog Certificate and it will be available to download and install for the next couple of weeks.
    Please follow this troubleshooting to resolve the issue. If the troubleshooting fails, please restart your device and attempt it again.
    A. Open the “Date & Time” app on your device.
    b. Set “Network Time” to Off.
    B. Set the date to July 1, 2013 (please make sure that the year is 2013 instead of 2014)
    C. You should be able to open the App Catalog when having a date prior to the certificate expiration.
    D. Type “App Catalog Update” in the search filed, and select “Enter” on the keyboard.
    E. Tap the “App Catalog Update” app to display the details page.
    F. Tap “Download for Free” to download and install the app.
    G. Return to the “Date & Time” app.
    H. Set the date back to the current date.
    I. Set “Network Time” to On.
    Be patient with your Touchpad, give it time to find the servers. It may take 6-7 reboots, but follow these directions .app update v.3.0.0 size1.38 M.B/ Hp app catalog v5.0.3500 size 24.28 M.B
  2.    #2  
    Well everything is as it was except Hotmail. It will not connect with the server. All my apps are restored.

Now I got webos and Acl working. Now is there room for mod 10.1 on 16gb?
    What is differrent with this sticky thread? http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-everyone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    What is differrent with this sticky thread? http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-everyone.html

That quit working a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ross View Post
    Well everything is as it was except Hotmail. It will not connect with the server. All my apps are restored.

Now I got webos and Acl working. Now is there room for mod 10.1 on 16gb?

Hotmail has a separate certificate problem that the app catalog update does not fix. No reason they couldn't have bundled the updated GlobalSign root certificates too - since you're already talking to them, suggest that they do that. Maybe suggest they review and update all expired or soon to expire. The GlobalSign cert was re-issued BEFORE they even released webOS 2 or 3 and they did not distribute the new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That quit working a while back.
    No its still valid, but you have to read post #52 and #55 for the latest adjustments