Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xortenterprises
  1.    #1  
    I have had this Touchpad since the whole firesale and ended up installing the alphas for CM for my stepmom, it ended up dying I think so she ended up giving it to me. I have tried all button combinations, charging on the touchstone for hours on end, and even the trickle charging. It wont show up on the computer, there are literally no signs of life. Is this the end of my Touchpad? I understand there are many threads on this so please bare with me.
  2.    #2  
    Erg. No help from anyone? Bought a new battery. Will end up posting my results once it arrives.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattecko77 View Post
    Erg. No help from anyone? Bought a new battery. Will end up posting my results once it arrives.

Just so you know you are not completely talking to yourself here ~ a new batt does sound like the next most logical move, yes! the 'ifixit' guide on replacement is quite good too, if you don't already have it:

HP TouchPad Battery Replacement - iFixit

Let us know & good luck!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattecko77 View Post

I feel for you. It is difficult to say what the problem may be. When any device totally dies, it's like a person dying (not to be too morbid). Dead people can't tell you where it hurts so you have to do an autopsy to see what happened. Same thing with dead devices. With no error messages or flashing lights, the webosnation can really only guess. it could be caused by a number of parts inside that went bad, but until you open the thing up and start replacing stuff...
    ananimus likes this.
    Just to clarify, have you connected it to your pc and pressed the power and home buttons simultaneously? If not give it a try and watch your PC. If it attempts to connect to the TP and you see - in Windows 7 at least - a brief message that the Novacom driver install failed, look at this posting as it may lead you to salvation. It worked for me on my last craigslist find.

Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Just to clarify, have you connected it to your pc and pressed the power and home buttons simultaneously? If not give it a try and watch your PC. If it attempts to connect to the TP and you see - in Windows 7 at least - a brief message that the Novacom driver install failed, look at this posting as it may lead you to salvation. It worked for me on my last craigslist find.

Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...
    Tried that and it didn't work. Pc doesn't recognize the tablet whatsoever. Hoping the new battery will have it come to life!

7.    #7  
    Got the new battery, charging it. So can anyone tell me the various techniques I can try to test it?

8.    #8  
    did the debrick on the new battery. The touchpad shows up as google on ubuntu. No flashing lights so I am a bit confused.
    When it shows up as Google, you're in adb fastboot mode I believe.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    When it shows up as Google, you're in adb fastboot mode I believe.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    What should I do at this point?

11.    #11  
    I can get it to show up as Qualcomm and Palm as well but I still cant get the screen on.
    Well, let's see.

This search leads to this page which at the bottom of the OP suggests...
    What's missing is:

1) Get ubuntu 64bit 12.10 version
    Download Ubuntu Desktop | Ubuntu

MAKE SURE that you get the 64 version (and have a computer that is 64bit capable)

2) The fastboot and such tools... (THIS is where I had to look every where for the solution, which is stupidly simple).

In ubuntu, go to Software software center, look for android-tools, and you'll find Fastboot protocol CLI tool.

Install it.

Then go back to the instructions of rootzwiki....
    ...referring to the old rootzwiki page and the new rootzwiki update.

Really though, I dunno. Hope that's a start.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Well, let's see.

This search leads to this page which at the bottom of the OP suggests...

...referring to the old rootzwiki page and the new rootzwiki update.

Really though, I dunno. Hope that's a start.
    I got myself put of fastboot. Now I'm stuck to the point where it is recognized as palm with a yellow triangle under devices.