Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
  1.    #1  
    ACL has now been released officially (again) for backers and those who pre-ordered. So, instead of continuing on in the previous thread, please use this new thread to discuss.

The new release has been made available for Kickstarter backers and pre-orders today - hopefully this is a GOOD sign! Perhaps the 'official' release for the public is not far off...

Thanks!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/13/2014 at 09:05 PM.
    I don't think we can call it official until cuspie confirms his code is gone.....
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    It is NOT just for backers. It is for Pre-Orders as well. My wife received hers just a few minutes ago.

Still waiting on mine and my son's to come in.

Time to download!

-Koa-
    Herrie likes this.
  4.    #4  
    updated OP
    well, dammit, i'd better charge my touchpad. yay! (i've been letting it drain a lot since it's winter, and therefore i hardly leave the house, and when i do i have my laptops with me)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    AnitaOM likes this.
    I downloaded my copy but I think I'm going to wait a day or two before I try installing it. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone notices any usability improvements from the 1.0.1 release.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    geekpeter and RumoredNow like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I don't think we can call it official until cuspie confirms his code is gone.....
    ...and also when homebrew have taken it apart, 'fixed it' and installed it on a Go? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    ...and also when homebrew have taken it apart, 'fixed it' and installed it on a Go? ;-)
    Already ripped it apart and validated the kernel modules can be modified for the Go....
    *Weekly Update*

Thank you HelloNNNewman! We appreciate the new thread.

Please be aware that the release you are referring to is only for Kickstarter backers and all Pre-Order customers. At this time, we have not released the software to the public.

Those of you who have already downloaded ACL for webOS in the past, you may need to "Doctor" your tablet prior to a fresh install.

Again, we thank you so much for your patience and support.

Daniel Giovannetti
    PIC Team

PS: As promised we will continue updating you each and every week.
    I cannot find it anywhere on Preware.

I pre-ordered three copies:

Myself
    My wife
    My son

My wife got her e-mail and license. Still missing two.

-Koa-

Edit: I received my second license a few minutes ago. Two down, one to go. ACL is still not listed in Preware under any of the three TP's we have in the house. :'(
    Last edited by KoaFeliciano; 02/13/2014 at 11:13 PM. Reason: New information.
  11.    #11  
    Well... I hope others have better experiences out of the gate than I am. Got everything installed and opened up the AppMall and downloaded Netflix as the first app. (For some reason I had to create my AppMall account again)
    Once Netflix downloaded, there was no notification that it was completed. There was no app installed. When I opened the downloads app, it was empty. I opened up 'my apps' in the AppMall and Netflix was listed as 'uninstalled' and if I clicked on it, I was asked if I wanted to download it again. Then the app proceeded to lock up and crash. <sigh> I'm done for the night. I'll let you all figure it out
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I can't find it in Preware either.
    License key doesn't work. Not a surprise, considering it's the same key that didn't work with 1.0.1.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    RumoredNow likes this.
    What a shame again!!! Doesn't works: I installed it successfully and reboot my TP and...I can't access to any app like OpenMobile AppMall!!! Everything else on my TP is OK...but the applications I installed through ACL are useless!!!

- WebOS Ports LunaCE 4.9.5!?
    - CyanogenMode installed on my TP: Is this the problem!?

Thanks in advance any help!!!

Enviado desde mi iPod Touch 5
    usando WebOS Nation Móvil
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Hi all,

Here is a quick initial status update after I went through the process of doctoring one of my TouchPads to install version 1.2.0 of ACL this evening.

Warning: Once installed, there does not seem to be a way to get rid of ACL short of doctoring again.

• It does look as if my GPL code has been removed from this release. Further, they are now giving me attribution in the EULA.
    • YES - Version 1.2.0 of ACL requires Beta users to Doctor their TouchPads before attempting to install.
    • NO - There does not seem to be any form of ACL uninstallation. The only way to get rid of this code is to Doctor your Touchpad. Since when is Doctoring a reasonable way of installing and uinstalling software on webOS?
    • YES - ACL installation seems to properly leave the root partition (/) read-only
    • NO - webOS based ACL App Removal does not work. This is a documented regression from the Beta in their Release Notes. The only way to remove an ACL app is from Android Settings/Applications/Manage Applications
    • NO - Users does not seem to be able to uninstall ACL except by Doctoring their TouchPads
    • NO - ACL Installation with Preware does not restore the Beta approach of providing status information during the long portions of the installation such as building the data partition
    • UNKNOWN - Haven't had a chance to try their ACL upgrade process ... still trying to figure out how to get rid of ACL
    • NO - The ACL Downloads app seems to only recognize apks loaded with an ACL browser
    • The Majority of the Limitations and Known Issues from ACL 1.0.1 Release Notes remain. Specifically:
      1. Hardware video decoding is not supported.
      2. Apps can only be uninstalled via Android Settings/Applications/Manage Applications.
      3. Camera is not supported.
      4. Center LED is not supported.
      5. Vibrator is not supported.
      6. Google services iand apps that have dependencies on Google Services are not supported.
      7. Bluetooth is not supported.
      8. Adobe Air, and now Flash, are not supported.
      9. Tilt does not function correctly in some games and can easily be confused
      10. FIXED When first launching ACL, the ACL installation app hangs
      11. FIXED Optware packages seem to work fine with ACL installed
    • NO - The bug that sometimes results in bars at the top and bottom of ACL applications remains
    • YES - While the OpenMobile documentation clearly states that it does not support third party app stores or side-loading, the Amazon App Store works and works better than it has in previous versions of ACL. It is still clunky in that screens go black for a while, after installation the Open button doesn't always work, etc. But, the App Store is working.
    • YES - Version 3.1.2 of Netflix functions and is even in the OpenMobile App Store. Is Netflix working well - not in my opinion. It still regularly skips during video playback to catchup with audio and video quality is inconsistent.

I do have to say that I like the new License Activation application and how it works. It looks as if they did quite a bit of work on this code.

However, I think it is a real stretch to consider this anything better than another beta release.

I think that's enough for this evening,
    cuspie
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    However, I think it is a real stretch to consider this anything better than another beta release.
    That was my thinking on this too. Proof of concept for OM, but not much more.

Thanks for taking the time to go through and check all that stuff out. I hope as people go through this, the positives far outweigh any issues.

PS... I finally got Netflix to install
    ananimus likes this.

It seems there are some expected technical issues. But as one who recently vented anguish about progress, I would like to apologize and give credit where due: There has been a release! Phoenix and OM have put out the beta. They worked quietly while some like myself got completely .

Sorry again, and cheers to that.
    Version 1.2.0 of ACL requires Beta and 1.0.1 users to Doctor their TouchPads before attempting to install.
    Not acceptable for my daily driver LunaCE TP. Doctoring is the last resort and must not be standard way, hope someone finds a script way.
    and in the release notes it says support for 4G Touchpad. Yeah!
    pepebuho likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by phxdevices View Post
    *Weekly Update*

Those of you who have already downloaded ACL for webOS in the past, you may need to "Doctor" your tablet prior to a fresh install.

Again, we thank you so much for your patience and support.

Daniel Giovannetti
    PIC Team
    What does "may need to "Doctor" your tablet" mean. Is there a way it would work to uninstall 0.6.0 and install 1.2.0 ?
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast