Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
    Hmm never mind. Seems they came back one by one. Had to wait a little.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattecko77 View Post
    Hmm never mind. Seems they came back one by one. Had to wait a little.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Yes, I was going to answer you ^^

@To ALL:

ACL for webOS 1.2.0 is fully upgradable to the next versions (like the newer one 1.2.0.3)

Just install it over the other one (without uninstalling), reboot and wait few minutes to have all apps restored after the reboot.

@KoaFeliciano

I've seen you've submitted the ticket, well done. Someone will surely investigate on your issues asap.
    webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
    KoaFeliciano likes this.
    WoW! just WoW!!!

got the email and thought it was a hoax until i checked in here! bought it just now and still can't believe it :-)

long time waiting and almost gave up hope.... thanks guys this brings new life to my TP and hopefully I can get rid of Android on my TP now (fingers crossed)!
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    DMeister likes this.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    WoW! just WoW!!!

got the email and thought it was a hoax until i checked in here! bought it just now and still can't believe it :-)

long time waiting and almost gave up hope.... thanks guys this brings new life to my TP and hopefully I can get rid of Android on my TP now (fingers crossed)!
    I guess it depends on what you are currently running for apps on android. This is only honeycomb and apps are very limited unless you can get gapps installed......

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Sooo ... is there a new update strategy with 1.0.2.3? Or is doctoring still recommended (even if not in all cases necessary)?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    I can confirm, Upgraded from 0.6 to 1.2.0.3 and it seems to be working fine
    JP
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    I can confirm, Upgraded from 0.6 to 1.2.0.3 and it seems to be working fine
    JP
    I presume without doctoring and/or deinstallation of 0.6?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    I order an Activation Key last night at 8PM EST and it is now 9:30AM EST and still no activation key email

I did get the confirmation email right away, so I shot an email to customer service, anyone know how long it typically took for them to get an activation key once the order was placed?
    Hello guys,

ACL for webOS 1.2.0 is fully upgradable to the next versions (like the newer one 1.2.0.3)

Just install it over the other one (without uninstalling), reboot and wait few minutes to have all apps restored after the reboot.

Meanwhile about the 0.60 and the 1.0.1 you may would like to doctor to be sure everything would be properly installed. Anyway other users have decided to try without doctoring and some of them (following their words) reported that all seems ok, so it's up to you! I personally have doctored.

Also, Cuspie is working on a script to get the 0.60 and the 1.0.1 removed completely, so in case you don't want to doctor, and you don't want either to risk with upgrading to 1.2.x, you may wait for his script.

Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    Also, Cuspie is working on a script to get the 0.60 and the 1.0.1 removed completely, so in case you don't want to doctor, and you don't want either to risk with upgrading to 1.2.x, you may wait for his script.
    That's the best news I heard now. I always did a through manual uninstalling of every Android App under ACL setting and ACL under software manager or preware (I shouldn't use software manager, that unistalling of 0.6 version slowed down my TP until I installed and uninstalled 1.0 from preware) , but I still see all the craps when I opened InternalZ.
    I think that's the reason why PIC and OM only mentioned about Doctor but said nothing about how "install without Doctor", because they also have no clean idea how many remaining files or changes will left...
    A question about installing the new ACL version released this week.

I have 1.2.0

I contacted OpenMobile to ask how to download the new version, 1.2.0.3.

The response was to check out the newACL installation guide which gave instructions to use Preware.

I go to Preware, find ACL for webOS and it's the same version I already have.

Question: Is this really the version I have now, v1.2.0 or will it install the newer version1.2.0.3 if I download it.?

-Koa-
    Last edited by KoaFeliciano; 02/26/2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Added new version #
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    A question about installing the new ACL version released this week.

I have 1.2.0

I contacted OpenMobile to ask how to download the new version, 1.2.0.3.

The response was to check out the newACL installation guide which gave instructions to use Preware.

I go to Preware, find ACL for webOS and it's the same version I already have.

Question: Is this really the version I have now, v1.2.0 or will it install the newer version1.2.0.3 if I download it.?

-Koa-
    ACL is not on preware. Only ACL Documentation is. email: volunteers@phxdevices.com and we'll walk you through it step by step.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Sprint Instinct > Palm Pre > Blackberry Curve (3 months) > Pre3 (att) > Pre3 (verizon)
    KoaFeliciano likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zukny View Post
    ACL is not on preware. Only ACL Documentation is. email: volunteers@phxdevices.com and we'll walk you through it step by step.
    I was a bit confused because ACL is now on Preware. However, it is the 1.2.0 version. When I open it, I only get the option to "Remove". It did not make sense so I had to ask.

I will contact as you suggested and go from there.

Thank you very much for your guidance, it is very much appreciated.

-Koa-
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    I was a bit confused because ACL is now on Preware. However, it is the 1.2.0 version. When I open it, I only get the option to "Remove". It did not make sense so I had to ask.

I will contact as you suggested and go from there.

Thank you very much for your guidance, it is very much appreciated.

-Koa-
    Hello Koa,

Preware has the ability to show you the packages installed even if they are not present in Preware feeds ("preware feeds" is the place from where you can remotely download them into the Preware app itself): that's why you see ACL for webOS 1.2.0 in preware.

You can update to the 1.2.0.3 using the latest ACL Documentation (you can find it in Preware).

After that, Preware will show you the 1.2.0.3 listed, as well, for the reason explained above

Hope this helps

KoaFeliciano likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Sooo ... is there a new update strategy with 1.0.2.3? Or is doctoring still recommended (even if not in all cases necessary)?
    Hello Buddy1969,

You can find the official answer to your question in our community (excuse the long link):

Is Doctoring the TouchPad still necessary if I upgrade from ACL v1.2.0 to v1.2.0.x? – OpenMobile

Regards,

John
    OpenMobile Support Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunn- View Post
    I order an Activation Key last night at 8PM EST and it is now 9:30AM EST and still no activation key email

I did get the confirmation email right away, so I shot an email to customer service, anyone know how long it typically took for them to get an activation key once the order was placed?
    Just to follow up, customer service responded within an hour, re-sending my activation key which worked without issue.

Thanks again
    DMeister likes this.
    I upgraded from 1.2.0 - the volume rocker once again controls the sound in ACL apps.
    I upgraded all three of my TouchPads to 1.2.0.3 tonight. On one of them, it took three attempts to get the ACL re-activated, but all three seem to be working fine. I have both the OM App Mall and the Amazon App Store installed on all three and everything seems to be working OK.

It has been a week now since I first installed the ACL (originally 1.2.0.0) and I have to say that I am pretty happy so far. I use my 4G TP for work and it has been pretty awesome to be able to attend and participate in WebEx meetings via my TP!

OM just needs to get busy now on getting more apps certified in their App Mall!
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    DMeister likes this.
    Hey guys... see this...

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gorICo7LB4I[/YT]

and now, think about it with the Community Edition enabled

...More coming ^^

MAMISHO likes this.
    anyone know how to inherit the proxy ACL on andorid applications?

I want use the opera mini at my university
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast