Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
    I thought that the bluetooth worked in at least some of the CM images. Haven't really paid attention, though, I've been in the business since bluetooth was first used, and the only thing I've ever used it for is headphones. So far, I haven't come up with any other useful (for me) use. So what -can- you do with bluetooth? :-)

I keep getting device reboots when i play with any apps now.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I thought that the bluetooth worked in at least some of the CM images. Haven't really paid attention, though, I've been in the business since bluetooth was first used, and the only thing I've ever used it for is headphones. So far, I haven't come up with any other useful (for me) use. So what -can- you do with bluetooth? :-)

I keep getting device reboots when i play with any apps now.
    I haven't found a version of CM with working BT yet... could be one, but I haven't seen it yet.

What can you use BT for? Well yes, headphones is #1 for me. The second use is for a BT keyboard (which isn't a huge thing for me on Android). But I really want/need the BT headphone ability to make this complete for me.
    *Weekly Update*

Hi all! As always, thank you greatly for all of your enthusiasm, getting ACL for webOS onto your TouchPads! We hope that the Kickstarter backers and Pre-order customers who received their ACL for webOS license keys last week are enjoying the new-found apps on their ACL-enabled TouchPad!

Overall, this limited release of ACL V1.2.0 has been going well. The PIC and OpenMobile support teams have fielded and resolved a number of questions and issues, primarily questions about the availability of ACL on the Preware feed, questions about preparing the TouchPad for ACL installation, and various questions and issues relating to license key administration and activation. We’re addressing these issues and questions as we get ready for the upcoming general release of ACL for webOS.

Remember that we are here to help if you have any questions when installing and using ACL for webOS, the AppMall, or apps downloaded from the AppMall. Visit our support center (OpenMobile) to self-help or submit a support ticket, or simply email us at support@openmobileww.com. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any issues - we are here for you!

For those who were not amongst the pre-release group, hang tight! If you are anxious to you get your ACL license key as soon as possible, please pre-order it on the Phoenix Store. Customers who pre-order will receive an email with their license key as soon as ACL for webOS is officially launched to the public.

The OpenMobile team is headed to Barcelona, Spain to exhibit at Mobile World Congress 2014 - the largest annual mobile industry expo. But don't worry - we have teams at home diligently working to finalize the general release of ACL for webOS, and to re-validate apps in the AppMall catalog. BTW, MWC is always bursting with announcements! (*wink, wink*)

Thank you to everyone on webOS Nation! Have a great weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I haven't found a version of CM with working BT yet... could be one, but I haven't seen it
    There are working CM versions on 9, 10 and even 11...

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/21/2014 at 03:42 PM.
  5.    #125  
    And one would be?.... I'm sure there are... just need to be pointed at a CM10 version that has it (haven't used CM11). If you have info, please PM it to me so we don't derail this thread. Thanks!

BTW... I'm specifically talking about CM's for webOS and not those versions specific for Android devices (as has been an error in discussions about this in the past).
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/21/2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    Quick warning guys ... for everyone that's claiming you don't have to Doctor - please be aware!

The ACL 1.2.0 installer just stomps on what is already on your TouchPad ... so any filesystems created by the Beta or 1.0.1 are still there, any script that they didn't stomp on (/opt/omww) are still there. It will seem to work but your just asking for problems. If you had optware installed with the beta, ACL might start twice. I can't say what the impact of all of this is on ACL other than ... yuck

I've seen an update that is working to resolve this problem and I've been playing with a patch to do a cleaner but it's not done yet. I would strongly advise that if you want a stable ACL environment running 1.2.0 right now ... Doctor first.

I'm off my soap box now.
    cuspie
    thx i'll wait patiently on beta 0.6 until script or manual removal advise is there from you.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    JC sullens (sp?) 10.1 supports BT and is very stable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
  8.    #128  
    I'm running his build, but honestly haven't tried it since the last build update a while back (I just assumed it hadn't been fixed as it wasn't in the notes). I'll check it out again. Thx

But aside from that... I hope ACL gets BT running!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Not his latest build......that is based on a new kernal........you want the build from early December 2013

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    For those with the google market installed, try Hacker's Keyboard. I have it set to 40% height on landscape and 35% on portrait. A bit more like the webos keyboard.

Ben
    eblade and Mutoidi like this.
    Three more ACL issues:

1) It seems that ACL has knocked out the the "Timed" Exhibition mode on the TP while using ACL. You can go into Exhibition manually but the auto timer no longer works.

2) The TP completely chuts down and re-starts while playing the game "Bubble Pop Star".

3) My wife reports that the charge on her Touchpad drains much quicker than usual. I have not experienced that on my machine. Then again, my machine is on the Touchstone all day.

One god item to report. I was a bit upset when we lost Zite on the Touchpad. I found two alternatives under ACL:

1) Newscover

2) News360

Of the two, News360 comes closest to Zite. Newscover does the job but in a minimal way. News360 has better graphics, more choices. Unlike Zite, News360 lists it's stories in line from top to bottom. Also, Zite would provide you it's own page andthen the option to see the web version. News360 takes you to a quick overview of the story and from there you can click to see the full web page version. It will take a bit of time to get used to this format if you are a regular Zite user like I was. But, with all things considered, this is not a bad replacement for Zite.

-Koa-
    Last edited by KoaFeliciano; 02/22/2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Clarification
    So I installed ACL and it works amazing. I mounted the ACL system as RW, rooted it, installed the playstore, changed the dalvik heap to 256mb. I've installed TOR and toggled transparent proxy for all apps and it even works on the native webOS browser. I also have installed spotify, YouTube, facebook, play books, and Teamviewer.

I've got to say. This is freaking awesome!. Also installing seeder works across ACL and webOS.
    I must have missed the instructions on installing the Google Play Store. I'd love to have that.

The TP shutdown and re-started while using the iHeart Radio app.

ACL seems to have disabled the Screen Lock.

-Koa-
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    I must have missed the instructions on installing the Google Play Store. I'd love to have that.

The TP shutdown and re-started while using the iHeart Radio app.

ACL seems to have disabled the Screen Lock.

-Koa-
    In the webOS terminal

type su

then

mount -o remount,rw /opt/omww/android/system

download gapps for gingerbread and extract the zip

copy vendor, OneTimeInitializer, and GoogleServicesFramework to /opt/omww/android/system/apps/

reboot

open the playstore and it'll ask you to setup your google account. It'll take forever and seem unresponsive. After awhile it'll show to add your account and it'll work.

the play store works pretty fast.

the above is for 1.0.1 of acl. newer versions are located at /media/omww/android/system
    Last edited by blm22; 02/24/2014 at 09:00 PM.
    KoaFeliciano likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by blm22 View Post
    In the webOS terminal

type su

then

mount -o remount,rw /opt/omww/android/system

download gapps for gingerbread and extract the zip

copy vendor, OneTimeInitializer, and GoogleServicesFramework to /opt/omww/android/system/apps/

reboot

open the playstore and it'll ask you to setup your google account. It'll take forever and seem unresponsive. After awhile it'll show to add your account and it'll work.

the play store works pretty fast.
    I am not that computer savvy but I will give it a try. THANKS!!!!

-Koa-
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    For those with the google market installed, try Hacker's Keyboard. I have it set to 40% height on landscape and 35% on portrait. A bit more like the webos keyboard.

Ben

Thanks, but after battling to install G. Market to ACL 0.6.0.5 - *Hackers KB* has now twice rendered all Android system text as/in ARABIC font!!
    Hhmmm.. I guess with a name like that, weird stuff is to be expected!
    Used APKInstaller to UNinstall it & revert to English.. I don't think I'll risk a 3rd try.

Any other alternative suggestions to unsquish the Android KB in Landscape mode please?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Just make sure you have a terminal installed on your touchpad.

I'll post a guide on rooting ACL.

its a little more difficult than installing the playstore.

it is important to keep ACL mounted as read/write to keep root access working constantly.
    WDPage likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by blm22 View Post
    Just make sure you have a terminal installed on your touchpad.

I'll post a guide on rooting ACL.

its a little more difficult than installing the playstore.

it is important to keep ACL mounted as read/write to keep root access working constantly.
    I detailed in the first ACL beta thread how to root, and it works fine in version 1.0.1 I have not updated to 1.2.0 so I can not speak to that, but once rooted (if done right) you do not need RW on the mounted volume?

PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL

Make sure you CHMOD it right with gu+s su

PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Thanks, but after battling to install G. Market to ACL 0.6.0.5 - *Hackers KB* has now twice rendered all Android system text as/in ARABIC font!!
    Hhmmm.. I guess with a name like that, weird stuff is to be expected!
    Used APKInstaller to UNinstall it & revert to English.. I don't think I'll risk a 3rd try.

Any other alternative suggestions to unsquish the Android KB in Landscape mode please?

That is strange. There's a setting to enable different languages (of which Arabic is the first) and then swipe the space bar to change, but none are selected by default for me. FYI, my touchpad regional settings are set to Australia and the language in ACL appears as Md(United States).

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    That is strange. There's a setting to enable different languages (of which Arabic is the first) and then swipe the space bar to change, but none are selected by default for me. FYI, my touchpad regional settings are set to Australia and the language in ACL appears as Md(United States).

Ben

Yes.. it is weird! Maybe because Arabic is first on the list.. and then of course I just couldn't actually READ anything more!
    I'll recheck ACL Language settings anyway.. thanks Ben.
    Am trying out 'BIG Keyboard' from Market atm.. it's OK, but I haven't succeeded in disabling the infuriating key
    'pop-up' function at all yet.

EDIT: Later.. Yay! Have since re-installed 'Hackers' KB and it speaks Eng. this time, popup disabled, super-lag on key-click audio,
    but is otherwise great.. Thanks.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/23/2014 at 02:39 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast