Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Don't know if anyone's mentioned this or not, but apparently the fix to not screw up the TouchPad's normal sound system, is to completely bypass it. This means that the volume control keys do not affect the volume of Android applications at all.

Anyone know of a software volume control for Android? Perhaps that might work. Or PIC/OM should stick in an interface that either matches the Android volume level to the TouchPad, or watches the keypresses, and at least adjusts it accordingly.
    When I went to the Android Settings via the Settings App then Sound/Volume, adjusting the physical TouchPad volume rockers do control the Android volume. I haven't been successful installing an ACL Android app yet, so I don't know if the buttons work when using an App yet on my TP.

Update: I just launched the Android Music App and the physical volume rockers do work (control the TP volume).
    Last edited by evacaf; 02/15/2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Update
    Anyone get the Android Market working, and how to do it?
    Hmm. When I tried it on the game of the day from amazon the volume controls only changed the webos volume the app continued at full blast even tho webos was muted

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hmm. When I tried it on the game of the day from amazon the volume controls only changed the webos volume the app continued at full blast even tho webos was muted

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    i think i had those issues too on beta, sometimes android apps did not recognise volume rockers right away but switching to webOS card and changing it there and going back did it.

Hhm i hope i don't mix this up with cm on TP using xbmc as app and changing volume problems inside xbmc
    Sidenote ~
    Recent 'Kickstarter' Security Breach Notification email ~ presumably genuine?

~~~

"On Wednesday night, law enforcement officials contacted Kickstarter and alerted us that hackers had sought and gained unauthorized access to some of our customers' data. Upon learning this, we immediately closed the security breach and began strengthening security measures throughout the Kickstarter system.

No credit card data of any kind was accessed by hackers. There is no evidence of unauthorized activity of any kind on your account.

While no credit card data was accessed, some information about our customers was. Accessed information included usernames, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and encrypted passwords. Actual passwords were not revealed, however it is possible for a malicious person with enough computing power to guess and crack an encrypted password, particularly a weak or obvious one.

As a precaution, we strongly recommend that you change the password of your Kickstarter account, and other accounts where you use this password.

To change your password, log in to your account at Kickstarter.com and look for the banner at the top of the page to create a new, secure password. We recommend you do the same on other sites where you use this password. For additional help with password security, we recommend tools like 1Password and LastPass.

We're incredibly sorry that this happened. We set a very high bar for how we serve our community, and this incident is frustrating and upsetting. We have since improved our security procedures and systems in numerous ways, and we will continue to do so in the weeks and months to come. We are working closely with law enforcement, and we are doing everything in our power to prevent this from happening again.

Kickstarter is a vibrant community like no other, and we can't thank you enough for being a part of it. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. You can reach us at accountsecurity@kickstarter.com.

Thank you,

Yancey Strickler
    Kickstarter CEO

~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/16/2014 at 03:19 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I did not get the email but after reading your post saw the notice on the Kickstarter website.
    Password changed.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Sidenote ~
    Recent 'Kickstarter' Security Breach Notification email ~ presumably genuine?

~~~

"On Wednesday night, law enforcement officials contacted Kickstarter and alerted us that hackers had sought and gained unauthorized access to some of our customers' data. Upon learning this, we immediately closed the security breach and began strengthening security measures throughout the Kickstarter system.

No credit card data of any kind was accessed by hackers. There is no evidence of unauthorized activity of any kind on your account.

While no credit card data was accessed, some information about our customers was. Accessed information included usernames, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and encrypted passwords. Actual passwords were not revealed, however it is possible for a malicious person with enough computing power to guess and crack an encrypted password, particularly a weak or obvious one.

As a precaution, we strongly recommend that you change the password of your Kickstarter account, and other accounts where you use this password.

To change your password, log in to your account at Kickstarter.com and look for the banner at the top of the page to create a new, secure password. We recommend you do the same on other sites where you use this password. For additional help with password security, we recommend tools like 1Password and LastPass.

We're incredibly sorry that this happened. We set a very high bar for how we serve our community, and this incident is frustrating and upsetting. We have since improved our security procedures and systems in numerous ways, and we will continue to do so in the weeks and months to come. We are working closely with law enforcement, and we are doing everything in our power to prevent this from happening again.

Kickstarter is a vibrant community like no other, and we can't thank you enough for being a part of it. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. You can reach us at accountsecurity@kickstarter.com.

Thank you,

Yancey Strickler
    Kickstarter CEO

~~~
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    I did not get the email but after reading your post saw the notice on the Kickstarter website.
    Password changed.
    Thank you.
    Cool.. genuine enough then!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattecko77 View Post
    Anyone get the Android Market working, and how to do it?
    Follow the Guide below?

Google market and Amazon apps for ACL
    Has anyone else had this problem:

When downloading any app in the Open Mobile AppMall (i.e.: Netflix), when I click on "FREE", I get the "Download confirmation" dialog box stating "You are about to download Netflix". I click "OK" and then "Delivering your purchase" flashes across the screen and goes away. The original dialog box then still exists. However the Netflix app never downloads. This is the same for any App (I haven't been successful downloading any apps from the AppMall). I've rebooted many times with no change in outcome.

I'm using webOS 3.0.5 w/ LunaCE 4.9.5.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    So you downloaded the ipk file from the email on your computer and installed it or are you trying to download it on the TouchPad(s)?
    ACL is downloaded on all the units. All the icons are showing. The License keys are not being accepted. I know others have had the same problem and had to be issued now keys. I'll just wait to see what happens on Monday.
    To those who have tried to help, my sincerest thanks for giving of your valuable time and knoweledge.

As it stands right now, all three of our Touchpads have ACL installed.

The following icons are in each unit.

ACL for webOS
    Notification
    Settings
    Music
    Email
    Clock
    Contacts
    Camera
    Calendar
    Browser
    Search
    Gallery
    Downloads
    OpenMobile AppMall

When opened, each one states the following: "Failed to launch, Please check your license."

Basically, from what I see, everything is fine except for the license keys I received.

I am hoping to hear back from PIC tomorrow Monday to get this issue taken care of. Again, thank you all for your kind help and advice.

-Koa-
    Last edited by KoaFeliciano; 02/16/2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Typos
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    To those who have tried to help, my sincerest thanks for giving of your valuable time and knoweledge.

As it stands right now, all three of our Touchpads have ACL installed.

The following icons are in each unit.

ACL for webOS
    Notification
    Settings
    Music
    Email
    Clock
    Contacts
    Camera
    Calendar
    Browser
    Search
    Gallery
    Downloads
    OpenMobile AppMall

When opened, each one states the following: "Failed to launch, Please check your license."

Basically, from what I see, everything is fine except for the license keys I received.

I am hoping to hear back from PIC tomorrow Monday to get this issue taken care of. Again, thank you all for your kind help and advice.

-Koa-
    You need to activate the license prior to going any further using ACL. If you are having trouble activating your license contact: OM & PIC by clicking the URL: Support
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Sprint Instinct > Palm Pre > Blackberry Curve (3 months) > Pre3 (att) > Pre3 (verizon)
    so.. i just picked up my touchpad off it's touchstone, after letting it charge overnight.. and it's running super slow as heck ... and so i login to it, and i run a "ps ax" to see what's going on.. and i see hundreds of:

Code:
    16736 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    16739 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    16756 ?        Sl     0:01 /system/bin/netd
    16772 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    16779 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    16804 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    16816 ?        Sl     0:01 /system/bin/netd
    16862 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    16876 ?        Sl     0:01 /system/bin/netd
    16895 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    16955 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    16961 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    16962 ?        Sl     0:01 /system/bin/netd
    17018 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    17022 ?        Sl     0:01 /system/bin/netd
    17030 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    17076 ?        Sl     0:00 /system/bin/netd
    This has never happened to me before, and the only thing new is ACL 1.2
    ..after killing all those processes, top is showing me:

Code:
      PID USER      PRPRPR  $NI$  $VIRT$  $RES$  $SHR$ $S$ %$CPU$ %$MEM$    $TIME$+  $COMMAND$
    $25634$ $root$      $20$   $0$  $111m$  $25m$  $15m$ $R$ $63$.$0$  $2$.$8$   $0$:$02$.$08$ $zygote$
     $1600$ $root$      $20$   $0$ $12792$ $1328$  $548$ $S$  $3$.$3$  $0$.$1$  $18$:$40$.$73$ $cryptofs$
     $1917$ $root$      $17$  -$3$ $86500$ $2728$ $1360$ $S$  $3$.$0$  $0$.$3$ $194$:$19$.$27$ $sensord$
     $2463$ $root$      $19$  -$1$  $263m$  $78m$  $49m$ $S$  $2$.$1$  $8$.$5$  $26$:$08$.$68$ $LunaSysMgr$
     $2060$ $root$       $0$ -$20$     $0$    $0$    $0$ $S$  $0$.$9$  $0$.$0$   $1$:$54$.$71$ $loop2$
     $2502$ $root$      $19$  -$1$  $487m$ $211m$  $57m$ $S$  $0$.$6$ $23$.$0$ $137$:$44$.$47$ $WebAppMgr$
    $25258$ $root$      $20$   $0$  $2912$ $1320$  $960$ $R$  $0$.$6$  $0$.$1$   $0$:$00$.$92$ $top$
        $7$ $root$      $15$  -$5$     $0$    $0$    $0$ $S$  $0$.$3$  $0$.$0$   $1$:$44$.$94$ $events$/$0$
       $57$ $root$      $20$   $0$     $0$    $0$    $0$ $S$  $0$.$3$  $0$.$0$   $3$:$15$.$19$ $aid_a6_0$
    zygote, which appears to be part of android is cranking the holy hell out of the cpu almost continuously. before i killed all those netd's, i was at a load average over 80, and after, i'm holding at about 8. The system has sped up to the point where it's almost usable, but not really.

Only ACL software I have installed: Opera Mini, 9gag
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I have ACL up and running on my Touchpad - using the Preware/WebosQI method.

The only problem I ran into was in trying to activate the license, but it was easily resolved when I figured out how to enter the number. I kept on trying to "ACTIVATE LICENSE", thinking it would get me to the place to enter the number, when all I had to do was to tap above the "ACTIVATE LICENSE" bar to get to the license number entry line! (It seemed invisible until I realized what it was!)

Then I had a few problems differentiating the "1" and the "I" (or "i"), but once I got all of that right, it activated it right away.

Now to experiment with it- is it still Gingerbread only, or is there a way to run ICS programs on it?
    IGNORE the earlier post (below?). I was able to install the Amazon appstore and my first app which works as expected and looks gorgeous on the TP. I can see the potential of ACL and it is what I expected and hoped for all these months worth waiting. THANK YOU.
    Well. I've got ACL up and running on my TP which was really exciting. For about a minute. Can someone please tell me how to install Android Apps? I don't understand all the hullabaloo if all we get are what is offered in Open Mobile AppMall? Are we to expect a portal which eventually allows access to Google Play and the Android catalog? I installed three of the Open Mobile apps to test things - NOT ONE worked and one of them, Google Play Pro (which apparently isn't Google at all) looked very suspicious, delivering an instant 404 and yet wanting access to my Google account in another window: I deleted it at once. A couple of the included apps work but their equivalents came with and work fine on the TP already. I was hoping for at least a handful of the (productivity level) apps I use on my Android SmtPhn and I don't see any of them, after numerous searches, nor anything like them. In fact, what is offered seems at best mediocre, and nothing to complement what I already have running on my TP and Android. What about ACL for TouchPad am I completely missing?
    Last edited by johnlight12; 02/19/2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Success!
    so I just wanna make sure I understand before moving forward.

if I wanna go from 1.0.1 to 1.2, than I need to doctor my device? (anybody have the ACL 1.2 change log?)
    if I doctor do I have to redo my cynogen mod install? (if so anybody got some tips on backing up my data in android?)
    for those who have 1.2 installed already has the issue with getting to the photoroll been resolved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I have ACL up and running on my Touchpad - using the Preware/WebosQI method.

delete . . .

Now to experiment with it- is it still Gingerbread only, or is there a way to run ICS programs on it?
    I just asked them the same question (OM). The reply was it is currently 2.3 with the possibility of them updating to 4.x in the future.

Oh, and don't use the Warthog kernel with this as it goes into a boot loop. UberKernel and LunaCE both seem to work OK. Well at least not crash as I am still waiting for my "key" to continue testing.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    so.. i just picked up my touchpad off it's touchstone, after letting it charge overnight.. and it's running super slow as heck ... and so i login to it, and i run a "ps ax" to see what's going on.. and i see hundreds of: ...[snip]

[/snip]

This has never happened to me before, and the only thing new is ACL 1.2
    ..after killing all those processes, top is showing me:

[snip]

[/snip]

zygote, which appears to be part of android is cranking the holy hell out of the cpu almost continuously. before i killed all those netd's, i was at a load average over 80, and after, i'm holding at about 8. The system has sped up to the point where it's almost usable, but not really.

Only ACL software I have installed: Opera Mini, 9gag
    Same just happened to me, only I wasn't resourceful enough to remember command to ck the processes... :-)

Govnah showed spikes up to 102, working down and re-spiking every few minutes to 50, or 80, or 100+.

I tried to open settings to get to app usage in ACL, but received a message that the system was not ready or available (didn't write it down), but no ACL apps could be opened. Gave up and restarted touchpad.. After the now obligatory 4 minute reboot, things are mostly back to normal, though BOA app can't attain connection, and Mint just closes immediately and showed in settings that it stoped unexpectedly.

other apps, TeamViewer, browser, app mall are ok. Amazon Appstore won't even respond. In fact the first several times I tried to install it, all ACL apps caused instant reboot of the TP. (before the runaway process issue). Though eventually it started working after the 3rd or 4th try.

Curious if Amazon might be contributing... Does seem to keep its service running along with app mall on TP startup.

will report back if this recurs, and might see if Amazon removal changes behavior, should it recur.

Fyi... my TP is running UKernal and Lunace 4.9.5. No doctor or patches removed prior to installing ACL.

fyi2... BOA Finally connected after posting this. 3o min or so after reboot... (maybe not related, can't be sure)
    Last edited by hulickr; 02/16/2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: add sytem config reference fyi
    Roy

Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
    I installed ACL on my TP this morning with Web OS Quickinstall
    And downloaded also the amazon app mall, I directly purchased/dowloaded Audible
    Guess what ? It works great
    <<link removed per rules>>
    I like the ACL/ Android homebutton too make an app smaller . I often can't find the Physical button on my TP when I am working in Landscape or using my TP upsidedown
    Just one issue: Not everything is on the open app mall. Is there a way to install apps from the Play store?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/17/2014 at 07:06 AM. Reason: self-promotional link removed
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perraudin View Post
    I installed ACL on my TP this morning with Web OS Quickinstall
    And downloaded also the amazon app mall, I directly purchased/dowloaded Audible
    Guess what ? It works great
    <<link removed per rules>>
    I like the ACL/ Android homebutton too make an app smaller . I often can't find the Physical button on my TP when I am working in Landscape or using my TP upsidedown
    Just one issue: Not everything is on the open app mall. Is there a way to install apps from the Play store?

Check post #68 above from John Steffes!
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast