Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 417
Like Tree134Likes
  1. #41  
    I went from beta to 1.20 without doctoring and haven't experienced any issues yet. I uninstalled the beta via preware, restarted. Downloaded 1.20 from email link and installed via preware. It took 2 restarts before everything showed up, but now everything seems fine. It's much faster than the beta and it's also much less glitchy.
  2. #42  
    Hello everyone. I stand. I'm in Mexico I own cd pre2 and touchpad 32 gb. running with webos and Android. As I can install acl in touchpad? Sorry my bad English. Use translator

    Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L usando Tapatalk 2
  3. #43  
    i don't have a Touchpad, and probably never will.
    However, i DO have & so do thousands of other people, a Pre 3!
    Will ACL be ported to work on the Pre 3 once it has been stabilised & proven on the TP?
    It would be a crime not to.... ;-)
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Hello everyone. I stand. I'm in Mexico I own cd pre2 and touchpad 32 gb. running with webos and Android. As I can install acl in touchpad? Sorry my bad English. Use translator

    Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L usando Tapatalk 2
    If you did not support the Kickstarter campaign and did not pre-order the software, then you will have to wait until the public release.

    http://www.openmobileww.com/
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    i don't have a Touchpad, and probably never will.
    However, i DO have & so do thousands of other people, a Pre 3!
    Will ACL be ported to work on the Pre 3 once it has been stabilised & proven on the TP?
    It would be a crime not to.... ;-)
    This was a stretch goal of the Kickstarter campaign, but it remains to be seen if it will ever happen. Note from this link that it comes AFTER upgrading compatibility to Android 4.x. All future development presumably depends on how well this version does for OM.

    This may be of interest:
    (Pre3) AndroidChroot - run android inside webOS

    The status report link at the bottom of this post offers a summary of webOS projects and resources.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by zukny View Post
    A few people mentioned: " Why can't I find this on preware "

    At this time it's not on preware. The instructions released yesterday do provide download links.
    People need to READ. It says "install it with Preware" as in it is distributed as an IPK file and Preware can be used to install IPK files. Not that it is in the catalog (my e-mail said this specifically).
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    You do not need to doctor! At least not from what I saw...

    I had 1.x installed and did not read anything but just installed 1.2 over it. That did not work... so I had a closer look. To get a "clean" TP I recommend the following steps:

    1. Uninstall the ACL software package using webOS Softwaremanager or Preware.
    2. Be patient, this takes AGES and means heavy load for your device (at least that was in my case)
    3. Reboot
    4. Now fire up a console or Internalz Pro
    5. Make sure the folder /opt/omww does not exist. If it does, delete it.
    6. Make sure the folder /media/omww does not exist. If it does, delete it.

    Now your TP should be clear of ACL. If you want to be 100% sure, you can do some more tests. First run this command in a console: ps aux | grep acl
    If nothing comes up, that is good. If something comes up, check if it looks like belonging to acl.
    I uninstalled using the webOS software manager and got a clean TouchPad. No sign of OMWW. My first version was 1.0.1, though, the version that was pulled. Not something earlier.
  8. #48  
    I posted that I only received two license keys. In fact, I did receive all three.

    My wife received her key via her e-mail. It is good for one copy.

    The license key I received via my e-mail states, which I have just noticed, is that the one license key is good to activate TWO copies of ACL.

    Total: Three keys.

    My mistake. I did not notice until I actually printed the e-mail and read it from top to bottom via hard copy.

    I had no idea that one license key was able to open multiple copies of ACL.

    Next step, since ACL is not on Preware, it's time to find the link to get it downloaded.

    -Koa-
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanov View Post
    People need to READ. It says "install it with Preware" as in it is distributed as an IPK file and Preware can be used to install IPK files. Not that it is in the catalog (my e-mail said this specifically).
    I am obviously a total <deleted> moron because I followed the instructions I got to the letter.

    1. Install ACL for webOS using the Preware app - This is the most preferred method for installing ACL. Use this method to search for and install ACL directly from the Preware app. This is done on your TouchPad. If you don't have the Preware app installed, you need to use WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI) on your personal computer to install it onto the TouchPad. Then you can use the Preware app to install ACL. If you do not have WOSQI and would like instructions for obtaining it and setting it up, please refer to this article.

    <comment deleted>.

    -Koa-
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/17/2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: language - rude comment deleted
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    If you did not support the Kickstarter campaign and did not pre-order the software, then you will have to wait until the public release.

    http://www.openmobileww.com/
    There a release date? I'm sure it pay but well worth it.

    Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L usando Tapatalk 2
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by phxdevices View Post
    *Weekly Update*

    Thank you HelloNNNewman! We appreciate the new thread.

    Please be aware that the release you are referring to is only for Kickstarter backers and all Pre-Order customers. At this time, we have not released the software to the public.

    Those of you who have already downloaded ACL for webOS in the past, you may need to "Doctor" your tablet prior to a fresh install.

    Again, we thank you so much for your patience and support.

    Daniel Giovannetti
    PIC Team

    PS: As promised we will continue updating you each and every week.
    I'm pretty much being accused of not comprehending instructions so for myself and others who "simply don't get it", could you be more specific on how to download the ACL app? I have followed the instructions which clearly state to download it either from WebOS quick install or from the Preware app already installed on my Touchpad. ACL does not appear anywhere.

    Thanks.

    By the way, I am a former helicopter mechanic, Nuclear-Biological and Chemical trainer as well as an Aviation Life Support technician. I am, however, NOT as computer savvy as many here. Your instructions were actually very simple to understand. But as I stated, ACL did not show up on Preware.

    -Koa-

    P.S. The customer support link on your instructions page does not work.
    Last edited by KoaFeliciano; 02/15/2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Addendum
  12. WDPage's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    I'm pretty much being accused of not comprehending instructions so for myself and others who "simply don't get it", could you be more specific on how to download the ACL app? I have followed the instructions which clearly state to download it either from WebOS quick install or from the Preware app already installed on my Touchpad. ACL does not appear anywhere.

    Thanks.

    By the way, I am a former helicopter mechanic, Nuclear-Biological and Chemical trainer as well as an Aviation Life Support technician. I am, however, NOT as computer savvy as many here. Your instructions were actually very simple to understand. But as I stated, ACL did not show up on Preware.

    -Koa-

    P.S. The customer support link on your instructions page does not work.
    Koa,

    My e-mail from PIC had a link that said "Download Now" above the box that said "Click Here for Installation Guide..."

    The Link started a download on my PC. I used TBaccess to transfer the file file to my TP, but you could either download right on your TP or move it from your PC with the TP attached as a USB drive. On the TP just open Preware and select Install Package from the dropdown menu and pick the file that you just copied to the TP.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    I'm pretty much being accused of not comprehending instructions so for myself and others who "simply don't get it", could you be more specific on how to download the ACL app? I have followed the instructions which clearly state to download it either from WebOS quick install or from the Preware app already installed on my Touchpad. ACL does not appear anywhere.
    In a nutshell:
    In the email with your activation key should be a link to directly download ACL 1.2.0 to your PC.
    It is a file of around 42Mb. Put it on your PC desktop somewhere.
    Install WOSQI on your PC.
    Set your TP to 'Dev Mode' and connect it's USB cable to the PC and then use WOSQI (to install Preware and other goodies if you want).. drag and drop the ACL file into the WOSQI window & then click 'install'.
    Wait-->reboot TP.
    I hope that is even easier for you than repairing helicopters!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    There a release date? I'm sure it pay but well worth it.

    Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L usando Tapatalk 2
    Unless I missed something, there is no announced public release date. But as there is an apparently functioning product, I expect it will be soon. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable, PIC or OM themselves will announce that here.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by WDPage View Post
    Koa,

    My e-mail from PIC had a link that said "Download Now" above the box that said "Click Here for Installation Guide..."

    The Link started a download on my PC. I used TBaccess to transfer the file file to my TP, but you could either download right on your TP or move it from your PC with the TP attached as a USB drive. On the TP just open Preware and select Install Package from the dropdown menu and pick the file that you just copied to the TP.
    Thank you. Sometimes we don't see the tree because the forest is in the way.

    -Koa-
    Grabber5.0 and zukny like this.
  16. #56  
    Never ending problems with ACL

    1) I tried my license. It does not work. I keep getting a "Sorry, action failed. Please check the key and try again."

    I typed it three times, same thing.

    Next, I did a copy/paste so now I know it's the exact key I received in the e-mail.

    Same.

    2) I tried my wifes key. It's different so I did not expect the same problem.

    Nope! I got the same exact message.

    3) Next, I tried my son's Touchpad. Same key as mine.

    Downloaded the file.

    Except...

    It keeps downloading in the browser in the same area where I would download a PDF. I open and I get the message: Cannot open MIME type

    I have to be upfront about my son's machine. I bought his used and the original browser would not work. My work around was to pay and download, "Advanced Browser" and that is what he has been using since he got his Touchpad. I can only assume that Advanced Browser is intercepting the download thus preventing it from loading onto the machine.

    I guess it does not matter since I have to use the exact same Activation Code on his machine that I use on mine.

    All the wait and pre-purchase and now all this.

    So, I can see having problems with ONE machine, not all three.

    Now I have to listen to my son's mouth. He is all excited and now I have to tell him that he's going to have to wait.

    Again.

    -Koa-
    Update: I deleted "Advanced Browser" from his Touchpad and ACL is now downloading to his machine. Fingers crossed the Activation Code will at least work on his machine.

    Update #2: I turned off all the machines and re-started. Activation keys still do not work.

    Update #3: I opened a ticket with PIC. E-mailed back to wait for a response in two days. Well, it's the weekend. I've waited this long, two more days will not matter.
    Last edited by KoaFeliciano; 02/15/2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Typo/Update
  17. #57  
    I followed the instructions in a previous thread on how to install the Android Market on ACL and it worked. The market is missing some apps but it is stable.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    Never ending problems with ACL

    1) I tried my license. It does not work. I keep getting a "Sorry, action failed. Please check the key and try again."

    I typed it three times, same thing.

    Next, I did a copy/paste so now I know it's the exact key I received in the e-mail.

    Same.

    2) I tried my wifes key. It's different so I did not expect the same problem.

    Nope! I got the same exact message.

    3) Next, I tried my son's Touchpad. Same key as mine.

    Downloaded the file.

    Except...

    It keeps downloading in the browser in the same area where I would download a PDF. I open and I get the message: Cannot open MIME type

    I have to be upfront about my son's machine. I bought his used and the original browser would not work. My work around was to pay and download, "Advanced Browser" and that is what he has been using since he got his Touchpad. I can only assume that Advanced Browser is intercepting the download thus preventing it from loading onto the machine.

    I guess it does not matter since I have to use the exact same Activation Code on his machine that I use on mine.

    All the wait and pre-purchase and now all this.

    So, I can see having problems with ONE machine, not all three.

    Now I have to listen to my son's mouth. He is all excited and now I have to tell him that he's going to have to wait.

    Again.

    -Koa-
    Update: I deleted "Advanced Browser" from his Touchpad and ACL is now downloading to his machine. Fingers crossed the Activation Code will at least work on his machine.

    Update #2: I turned off all the machines and re-started. Activation keys still do not work.

    Update #3: I opened a ticket with PIC. E-mailed back to wait for a response in two days. Well, it's the weekend. I've waited this long, two more days will not matter.
    So you downloaded the ipk file from the email on your computer and installed it or are you trying to download it on the TouchPad(s)?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  19. #59  
    Koa,

    It can be confusing, especially since PIC's email stated that when you download from the web browser Preware will open automatically. It doesn't. On Open Mobile support site it states the following (which worked for me getting ACL installed; but I still have problems with the App Mall):

    1) Download the IPK on the PC to a convenient location. If you’ve already downloaded the IPK onto your TouchPad, proceed to step 4.
    2) Transfer the IPK from the PC to the HP TouchPad manually, using the USB Mode provided by webOS system.
    3) Exit USB Mode on TouchPad -> on your computer, go to My Computer -> HP Touch Pad given drive -> Right-click to "Eject" safely.
    4) Open the Preware app on your TouchPad.
    5) Press "Install Package" from the upper left menu.
    6) "Browse" to the folder location where you put the ACL for webOS IPK.
    7) Select the ACL for webOS IPK file.
    8) Press "Ok".
    9) Press "Install". Wait until Install completes.
    10) Restart the HP TouchPad.
    11) Activate the ACL License.

    Hope that works for you.

    p.s. Open Mobile support site = Instructions for manually installing an ACL IPK file – OpenMobile
  20. #60  
    Don't know if anyone's mentioned this or not, but apparently the fix to not screw up the TouchPad's normal sound system, is to completely bypass it. This means that the volume control keys do not affect the volume of Android applications at all.

    Anyone know of a software volume control for Android? Perhaps that might work. Or PIC/OM should stick in an interface that either matches the Android volume level to the TouchPad, or watches the keypresses, and at least adjusts it accordingly.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ACL for Touchpad beta release tomorrow?
    By Steven Celebre in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 08/21/2013, 12:49 PM
  2. Navit release thread (legacy)
    By noradtux in forum Navit
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10/03/2012, 08:36 AM
  3. Pent up thread for release of new WebOS device
    By kkhanmd in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10/04/2010, 11:47 PM
  4. [Official] 1.4 Release Anticipation Thread. (Consolidated)
    By beachboy in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 02/09/2010, 07:49 PM
  5. Treo 650 GSM / Unlocked release thread...
    By viper0775 in forum North American Carriers (GSM)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02/01/2005, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions