Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021
Like Tree134Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by synchron View Post
    I know it's been a few months but I noticed that after I went through the procedure of installing the google playstore, my ACL TP doesn't need the license after being off a few days. By installing the playstore, I think this forces a card to open at bootup which is nothing more than a default gingerbread android homescreen and somehow, the license bug that effects a lot of us is fixed with this.

I still wish Openmobile/Phoenix would show more presence and continue support.
    Perhaps they've all just gone home now anyway?

~ Incidentally, I thought I noticed the License thing happening (more) when I booted with Wifi 'on'.
    It never seemed to occur when booting with wifi 'off' - and once fully booted, only then turning wifi 'on'.

Almost like there was some sneaky/confused license-preamble with Mummy Servers @ ACL going on prior to full boot too?

~~~

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by synchron View Post
    I know it's been a few months but I noticed that after I went through the procedure of installing the google playstore, my ACL TP doesn't need the license after being off a few days. By installing the playstore, I think this forces a card to open at bootup which is nothing more than a default gingerbread android homescreen and somehow, the license bug that effects a lot of us is fixed with this.

I still wish Openmobile/Phoenix would show more presence and continue support.
    I see this behavior. But what I also see is that after a short time most TouchPad apps are unable to access the network, and all apps which require an account (email, pictures, etc.) display blank or no content. I have to reboot to get things working again, and sometimes it takes two reboots.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Got to say that both TP's with ACL are running fine for me. Google Play even if restricted is great and I've only had the licence issue once when the battery ran down through not useing my spare for over a month!
    I was hoping to try, and buy, ACL for the Touchpad.

Downloaded the install document from Preware, but unfortunately the links go to some dodgy looking hosting site.

Is there a way of obtaining and buying ACL?

thanks
    Well...

The Phoenix devices site is gone, but the program is developed by a company called open mobile.

Their site is basically a shop window for other companies, but you could enquire...
    Contact Us | OpenMobile

Or there may be people here prepared to give you a copy and sell on the licence.
    Thanks, I've reached out to OpenMobile to see what they say.

How much was the product?

It looks like this may provide a nice workaround, rather than booting into full Android, of getting my GMail and Facebook onto WebOS, two killer features (admittedly for the later...) for a tablet for me.
    xandros9 likes this.
    $30. I think there might have been a $10 off offer at launch...

Some liked ACL, but it reaches deep into the system and some had issues, but well, you're on the right thread to read reviews!

Gmail works on webOS. Read the service pack link below. At least three solutions I think. Facebook can be accessed through the browser apparently.
    https://pivotce.com/2015/04/03/farew...os-synergyapp/

Also http://x.facebook.com if I remember accurately.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/02/2016 at 12:59 PM.
    Unfortunately OpenMobile didn't see it fit to actually bother responding to me.

It appears that they do not want to sell me a product.

So, is anyone here selling a licence and associated ipk?

Thanks!
    xandros9 likes this.
    I wonder how long before ACL is considered zombified, but I guess without the key the ipk is useless.
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    I wonder how long before ACL is considered zombified, but I guess without the key the ipk is useless.
    I guess that if the parent company doesn't want to return queries about selling it is probably a good indicator that the product is orphaned? Though as you say, licence requirements start getting into bad legalities.
    Have you tried @openmobileww ?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/05/2016 at 02:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Have you tried @openmobileww ?
    Don't currently use twitter, I might sign up and poke their account, try to wake them up, thanks.
    Hi all,

anyone else beside me still using ACL?

First thing I did back when I got it was to install the amazon app store and briefly 1mobile. I didn't want or need google.

Quite a while ago, the app store stopped working and the new underground app does not support the ACL android version.

Anyone still has the amazon app store running on ACL? If so, which version?

Main use for ACL is whatsapp, btw.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    I've heard mixed reports about ACL. I don't think the old Amazon app store works at all, I tried it on my mobile after having left it for ages, to download Sonic CD for free, but it insisted on downloading Amazon Underground.

Does whatsapp work well? Calls etc.?

I've just been switching between WebOS and Android on my Touchpad as needed, it is more of a secondary kitchen tablet / touchstone clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwiggum View Post
    I've heard mixed reports about ACL. I don't think the old Amazon app store works at all, I tried it on my mobile after having left it for ages, to download Sonic CD for free, but it insisted on downloading Amazon Underground.

Does whatsapp work well? Calls etc.?

I've just been switching between WebOS and Android on my Touchpad as needed, it is more of a secondary kitchen tablet / touchstone clock.
    I use webOS on my TP still daily for surfing, email, music and some other stuff and I don't want to dualboot.

WA calls don't work, neither do speechmessages anymore, after they changed the encoding. I am good with those restrictions.
    What I miss is a way to copy/paste text from android to webOS.

You can still find the old amazon appstore without underground, but I think not directly on their webpage, as they want you to use underground.

UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Global Posts
    813 Global Posts
    As someone that personally funded ACL development, I can say that I was totally disappointed in the results. Openmobile dropped the ball, delivered late and didn't provide what we specified, then they changed the licensing terms. I removed it after a month of fighting it.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I agree as I funded them also. Their website states thousands of available apps which lead me to believe you could download any/all but if you read the fine print it is only the ones that have been reworked and are in their AppMall. I didn't realize that there was just a handful that were reworked. Since purchasing the license has deactivated twice. The last time was just 2 weeks ago. When I emailed them they said they couldn't find a purchase under my current email address so gave them my old email, still said I hadn't purchased. I finally had to forward my original sales receipt before they activated my license again. When I finally was able to get back into the mall found that really nothing had been added. What a waste of my money.

I was looking at 8" tablets and was surprised to find many with less specs than the TP. I wish Palm had never sold out to HP. They never gave the TP a chance. I love webOS. I have an iPad2 provided by work. I dust it off and occasionally read a book or watch a Craftsy class on it, otherwise, to me it is an uninspiring device. I am always excited to use the TP, the OS is so fluid.