Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I guess we will wait and see since they have disappeared from this site. If I were them I would have not abandoned customers on this OS that spent money to use their product. Who wants to purchase from a company like that? Hopefully they come to their senses and get things working properly and repair their reputation.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Sadly their reputation (certainly with some members) isn't all that high to start with! Agreed it would be nice to have some feedback from them or anything to show they still have some interest in the project but after all is said and done ACL has been released and it does (to some degree) work.

I am reasonably happy with my installs. Both TP's running LunaCE 4.9.10 and UK with no obvious issues. Yes boot times could be better, yes app compatibility could be better, yes . . . . could be better, and so on.

The hope for Android 4.x is now non-existent and CM will most likely continue to be developed for this fantastic hardware that now seems ahead of its time.

I still use webOS as my main OS, but it is nice to switch to an Android app now and then to do someting that webOS just can't do (anymore).
    So...last night my androids apps starting acting crazy and then my whole TP failed...I had to reload my WebOS profile and all of my WebOS apps. Of course the ACL was gone...I cleaned the android files off of my TP as best as I could figure out. I am going to leave this one as WebOS only. My TP4G still has the ACL on it. Too bad that OM/PIC have not provided an update to fix the reboot, license key, and a few other issues with the ACL.
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    Hello webOS Nation,

Open Mobile is still here and we continue to support ACL for webOS version v1.2.0.3.

If you have a support issue or inquiry, please open up a support ticket here;

Support Center

The Support Center contains FAQs and knowledge based articles that may address some of your concerns, and answer some questions you may have.

Please take a moment to review the ACL for webOS release notes to consider the support requirements.

ACL for webOS Release Notes – Support Center

We are happy to troubleshoot your issues that fall within the support requirements.

We thank you for your patience and continued support of ACL for webOS.

Best regards,

Open Mobile Support Team
    Vince
    Vince-the reboot and license key problems are common and easy to reproduce. If OM is serious about supporting the ACL, then you should release an update that fixes these issues.
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    I concur. Whenever I boot into webos after my TP is off for a few days, I need to keep entering my paid license key and reboot. This process takes over 10 minutes before I can use any installed Android apps which I find unacceptable.
    Interesting - I've been using ACL since its release and never experienced that problem. I wonder why some and not others? And I'm also using LunaCE 4.9.5.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by synchron View Post
    I concur. Whenever I boot into webos after my TP is off for a few days, I need to keep entering my paid license key and reboot. This process takes over 10 minutes before I can use any installed Android apps which I find unacceptable.
    +1

And my ACL installation was performed after a fresh doctor. Otherwise my ACL works as intended. Thank you.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Dear ACL i have the same licence lost error after a few days not using the device.
    I have to reactivate and reboot to make it work again. please fix this, this is not ok for a released product.
    pepebuho likes this.
    Mine complains about. Invalid license as we'll. Neither openmobile or phoenix are responding. Sigh.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    They got back to me in a couple days. All they do is release your license code and tell you to unregister and reregister. Don't forget to reboot after you reregister. It worked for me. Now if I could just figure out how to keep my screen awake while watching Netflix.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have given up on ACL. Started my TP over with a clean wipe using JCS touchpad toolbox (great tool), and reinstalled webos and kitkat. Both run great. Then just wait it out until OWebOs gets some more traction. Too bad, ACL was very promising.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    I have given up on ACL. Started my TP over with a clean wipe using JCS touchpad toolbox (great tool),
    Same here. But I didn't reinstall webOS, and to be honest I'm not missing it. The device now makes a very usable Android tablet and that fits my needs these days very nicely. YMMV!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I too am now running Android 4.4.4 and am really pleased. Have installed it using tptoolbox on several Touchpads and all are in daily use again.

ACL was a big disappointment and a real security concern for me. At least the issues with it forced me to evaluate and choose to install a custom ROM of Android that has brought our Touchpads back to relevancy and daily use.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32
    Quote Originally Posted by GiffordT View Post
    I too am now running Android 4.4.4 and am really pleased. Have installed it using tptoolbox on several Touchpads and all are in daily use again.

ACL was a big disappointment and a real security concern for me. At least the issues with it forced me to evaluate and choose to install a custom ROM of Android that has brought our Touchpads back to relevancy and daily use.
    I'm really kind of liking the idea of doing a total backup of everything on my main device, Android and webOS, totally wiping them out, and starting over again. Seriously, I've got data that is 3 years old in my flash and cookies data areas. Maybe I should figure out a good way to do all of that, in a way that it can be restored if needed, and go from there .. interesting.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    So, er... what's Project P.S.S. that I saw tweeted about today?
    http://www.twitter.com/#!phxdevices/...86770543894528
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So, er... what's Project P.S.S. that I saw tweeted about today?
    http://www.twitter.com/#!phxdevices/...86770543894528
    dunno, just saw that "watch the skys" message you spotted as well, doesnt give any details as of yet.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I dunno... I'm so done worrying about what they are up to...
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Having been a Kickstarter like many here and seeing the constant delays, broken 'promises', lack of feedback, screwing over of dedicated helpers, and general disinterest etc I am not expecting much if anything for webOS. If it is though, It would be nice to have speed and response looked at and *cough* Android 4.x

The latest 'news' on their website is: 02/24/2014 - 12:45 - OpenMobile ACL for webOS software is available for purchase. Not exactly up to the minute stuff.

Come on Phoenix - give us a little more to think about.
    Remy X likes this.
    I know it's been a few months but I noticed that after I went through the procedure of installing the google playstore, my ACL TP doesn't need the license after being off a few days. By installing the playstore, I think this forces a card to open at bootup which is nothing more than a default gingerbread android homescreen and somehow, the license bug that effects a lot of us is fixed with this.

I still wish Openmobile/Phoenix would show more presence and continue support.