Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    What does "may need to "Doctor" your tablet" mean. Is there a way it would work to uninstall 0.6.0 and install 1.2.0 ?
    Agreed.. this is unclear and a potential 'PITA'!
    'May' this also mean that uninstalling previous ACL versions by the 'normal' method, does NOT in fact completely UNinstall them?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I had 1.0.1 installed. i removed it via unactivating the license then uninstalling via preware. after a reboot, i then installed and activated 1.2.0 and it works! i didnt have to doctor. im typing this in oprea 12.1 running in acl!
    Confirm this too! Got an 1.0.1 version installed, deactivated license & removed it with PreWare + deleted config file in /var/lib/.config, then rebooted device and installed/activated 1.2.0 version from IPK file (without doctoring etc). After activation & reboot it worked! So it seems to be work without doctoring etc... Good luck!
    OK, they reset my activation key, and it installed. Running this on the same TouchPad that had 0.6, and 1.0.1 (though the 1.0.1 didn't activate). App mall launched and working. App mall seems quite improved since last time. other than that, acl seems to operate about like it did before, perhaps a little faster. This website looks absolutely awful in Opera Mini.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Garfonso likes this.
    not a good situation to be in, having to doctor to install and remove? our devices are at teh stage where we often cannot afford to doctor and restart due to possibly losing a ton of apps and having to manually "fix" and update the catalogue.

for those who dont have backups of their ipk's they will also possibly lose access to stuff they paid for previously, think ill also stick to the older variant.

im still updating/installing my apps via the updates off the cm10 install as i have the android partitions mounted in webOS so i can just copy the ipk's for acl to install into webOS, its an annoying way to update netflix and the likes, but works ok so far.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    RumoredNow and MAMISHO like this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Doctoring first? What a joke. No ACL for me then :/
    RumoredNow likes this.
    You do not need to doctor! At least not from what I saw...

I had 1.x installed and did not read anything but just installed 1.2 over it. That did not work... so I had a closer look. To get a "clean" TP I recommend the following steps:

1. Uninstall the ACL software package using webOS Softwaremanager or Preware.
    2. Be patient, this takes AGES and means heavy load for your device (at least that was in my case)
    3. Reboot
    4. Now fire up a console or Internalz Pro
    5. Make sure the folder /opt/omww does not exist. If it does, delete it.
    6. Make sure the folder /media/omww does not exist. If it does, delete it.

Now your TP should be clear of ACL. If you want to be 100% sure, you can do some more tests. First run this command in a console: ps aux | grep acl
    If nothing comes up, that is good. If something comes up, check if it looks like belonging to acl.

You can also run this: find /etc -name *acl* and see if that produces results (takes some time, be patient). It should not, if it does, report back and people can tell you if you should delete the files..

Basically that is what I did to make sure my TP is clear of ACL. After that I could install ACL 1.2 with Preware again and now it works fine (as fine as 1.x, did not notice any obvious changes). Also, if you follow some guides to install market apps, be sure to adjust them to the new paths, i.e. replace /opt/omww with /media/omww in all commands.
    Frustration goes on

I doctored my hp touchpad to be sure it's clean.

I tried to deactivate the license and couldn't do it, so i continued.

I installed ACL 1.2 and i can't deactivate or activate a license.

So i made another support ticket.

Concerning the doctoring, i wouldn't mind if the problems were solved permanently.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    OK, that's worth a try then. I assume it would also work when starting from a beta version instead of 1.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Also, if you follow some guides to install market apps, be sure to adjust them to the new paths, i.e. replace /opt/omww with /media/omww in all commands.
    Thanks updated my post to handle what version one is using... tried to make it clear but...

I also would delete the ACL+.apk, AppMall_OpenMobile_2.0.7.765_1844.apk (V1.0.1) or AppMall_OpenMobile_2.0.10.777.apk (V1.2.0), and AclMap.apk.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/14/2014 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    OK, that's worth a try then. I assume it would also work when starting from a beta version instead of 1.x?
    I think so, yes. But I can't verify, because the first release in December was the first version I got my fingers on.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Boudouris View Post
    Frustration goes on

I doctored my hp touchpad to be sure it's clean.

I tried to deactivate the license and couldn't do it, so i continued.

I installed ACL 1.2 and i can't deactivate or activate a license.

So i made another support ticket.

Concerning the doctoring, i wouldn't mind if the problems were solved permanently.

Ok license problem solved thanks to PIC and especially Daniel.

No ACL runs on my touchpad

To be honest this was the fastest response to a ticket i have ever seen.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    I didn't have to doctor. I installed the new version of ACL over the old one using the link provided in the email (it opened up preware). Of course it didn't work. However, I uninstalled it by holding down the ACL icon on the launcher and hitting the X in the upper left corner of the icon (normal webOS app uninstall). I then reinstalled it and it now works fine.

The audio bug is fix. A few seconds after you exit an Android app that uses audio, the sound on the Touchpad is returned to normal. This is a big plus for me, since I use Android mostly to listen to music.

My goal this afternoon is to get the Play Store up and running. The Appmall is not doing it for me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    geekpeter, eKeith and PalmLives like this.
    After 2 hours of using ACL , i can say one thing about it.

This is finally the version i wanted.

No more multiple false android windows and unfixable crashes.

Applications work fine and normal.

So far, openmobile appmall, amazon appstore, bluefire reader, es file explorer and dropbox work like a charm in version 1.2.

Congratulations to both Phoenix and OpenMobile.

This is the product i dreamed off when i backed the project

Keep up good work.
    Garfonso, DMeister and eKeith like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I didn't have to doctor. I installed the new version of ACL over the old one using the link provided in the email (it opened up preware). Of course it didn't work. However, I uninstalled it by holding down the ACL icon on the launcher and hitting the X in the upper left corner of the icon (normal webOS app uninstall). I then reinstalled it and it now works fine.

The audio bug is fix. A few seconds after you exit an Android app that uses audio, the sound on the Touchpad is returned to normal. This is a big plus for me, since I use Android mostly to listen to music.

My goal this afternoon is to get the Play Store up and running. The Appmall is not doing it for me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Let us know when (and how) you get the Play Store working, if you will.
    PalmLives likes this.
    A few people mentioned: " Why can't I find this on preware "

At this time it's not on preware. The instructions released yesterday do provide download links.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Sprint Instinct > Palm Pre > Blackberry Curve (3 months) > Pre3 (att) > Pre3 (verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by zukny View Post
    A few people mentioned: " Why can't I find this on preware "

At this time it's not on preware. The instructions released yesterday do provide download links.
    In an attempt to make sure I did everything right. I missed the download link!!! ARGHHH!!!

Thanks!
    zukny likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Boudouris View Post
    Ok license problem solved thanks to PIC and especially Daniel.

No ACL runs on my touchpad

To be honest this was the fastest response to a ticket i have ever seen.
    yeah, they were up at midnight to respond to mine. Thanks!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    On behalf of OpenMobile and PIC, we want to thank you for cheering us on and supporting us during our very first (well, technically second ) product launch. We are so excited to finally get ACL for webOS in the hands of those whom supported us from the very beginning of this project. We cannot wait to release ACL for webOS to the public (coming soon)!

We try to always monitor the webOS nation forum, but we want to be sure that we track and respond to all ACL-related issues. So if any of you have any issues or questions related to the latest release of ACL for webOS please be sure to log a support ticket so we are aware of the problems that you are encountering and to be sure someone gets back to you. You can submit a ticket as well as find any other support related documentation here: OpenMobile

Thank you for being our very first ACL for webOS customers!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    zukny and kolomona like this.
    Well, thanks community for providing info how it could be installed without doctoring. Will try those steps with 0.6 to 1.2 after family weekend.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast