Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lucia cepeda View Post
    I was going too buy this product but with all this complains I changed my mind.. I don't want to buy something the will give me headaches , i really don't want nextflic or hulu I have this on my ipad2 I just wanted the amzon market with ACL but reading all this complaints I Changed my mind ,thank you
    Lucia it's a nice product and it worth's buying.

The reason we make the complains is that they have mad such a nice product with very good functionality, but it has some silly issues like it's activation.

What the ****.

They made the hard part true, and they can't fix some silly things like activation?

I would recommend you to install the trial to test it first before taking a decision.

Generally i am pleased with the ACL product but some small things really **** me off.
    Ok guys so I need some help here. I've talk to OM about my issue and it looks like I've reached a size limit. The ACL partition that is created is set a 1GB. Well I've installed over 60 apps, and moved a majority to the SD card. I still have 22 GB free on my TP. What I've been told is that I've reached the max of that 1GB, so now I want to repartition it out to say like 4GB. Anybody have any ideas on how to accomplish this. I've tried Tailor but the issue is that since ACL load on start up it creates active jails and you can't re-partition... so I need some ideas...
    thanks Gorge how can i install the trial version?
  4. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I was going too buy this product but with all this complains I changed my mind.
    the problem is, that OM/PIC sold s.th. as GA what still has beta-status, if at all.

In addition they promised too much, they claimed that they have it ready since long time, when it still was not more than a proof of concept and there where too many delays.

And finally there is all the **** with the licensing, open source violations or copy protections :-(

The last point is a "personal" problem of OM or some paranoid people at OM, that could be solvable quite fast, if these people would have a more open mind.

In addition the development has to go on, better stability, better hardware support, better Android-compatibility, support for Android 4.x etc.
  5. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    just download the latest version and install it.

It will run for a week (or so) without any registration.

If you want to test it for an other week, you probably have to doctor your TP and reinstall ACL.
    bowportes likes this.
    Here are the instructions for the trial.

ACL trial question. I want try ACL before buying it, can you help me? – Support Center

If you have any more questions just ask them because it's their responsibilty
    I did write a review on ACL for webOS if that helps at all... My First Review: ACL for webOS
    Thank you I will download it now, thanks
    I can't use my free key they don't let me I got the trial version then it disappear no all I get is the green bar to activate key I click nothing happens and also the blue bar too but the product ,I don't understand ,I write to then but no answer
    they will answer in 2 days maximum i think
  11. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I can't use my free key they don't let me I got the trial version then it disappear no all I get is the green bar to activate key I click nothing happens and also the blue bar too but the product ,I don't understand ,I write to then but no answer
    does the lastest version need a "trial key"?

The versions I am aware of, are just running for some days without any key/registration.

Simply install it, reboot and use it during the trial period ...
    I'm finding more apps that won't work in ACL, considering installing CM, looks like there are a few here who have both ACL & CM. Any issues with the 2 (not officially from OM, obviously)?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm finding more apps that won't work in ACL, considering installing CM, looks like there are a few here who have both ACL & CM. Any issues with the 2 (not officially from OM, obviously)?
    Have had CM installed since it's beginnings.. never a serious glitch.
    Installed ACL to try it out (4G TP - CM also still installed) ~ CRASH/WIPEOUT.. CM survived but webOS & ACL fell apart! Doctored & reverted to CM only.. no problems since.
    All OM could say was that they tested/developed ACL *only* on bog-standard/non-modified/non-patched/non-CM and freshly Doctored Touchpads.
    Up to you Bro!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 05/02/2014 at 11:21 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  14. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    when I had my first "profile-crash" after installing ACL beta, I hadn't had CM9 installed at all.

But because I had to doctor after that, I also installed CM9 parallel to webOS and had no issues with it after installing ACL 1.0. Later I updated to ACL 1.2 (the lastest), without doctoring again (way to time consuming having to do that) and for some time I had no issues too.

But finally I lost my profile again and until now, I didn't found any time to doctor my TP again and reinstall and reconfigure everything again. But I will not install ACL on this TP again, I will use my other one I normally used for development only, but that will mean, that I will not test ACL in "real live" again.

For me ACL failed for several reasons in daily use with the versions published until today!
    I installed today finally ,has issues some they can fixed I hope ,I install some games I wanted to deleted then but they won't delete I have to shut down my touch pad and they disappear Netflix no so bad tunesin Radio pretty good and some games , they can fixed this problems maybe we need to give then time ,for 20 dollars is no a bad app so far is being ok knock on wood,thanks George
    vinceFull likes this.
    I installed today finally ,has issues some they can fixed I hope ,I install some games I wanted to deleted then but they won't delete I have to shut down my touch pad and they disappear Netflix no so bad tunesin Radio pretty good and some games , they can fixed this problems maybe we need to give then time ,for 20 dollars is no a bad app so far is being ok knock on wood,thanks George
    My pleasure Lucia.
    About uninstalling android applications from touchpad you have to do the following.
    1, open settings of android.
    2. Click on applications option
    3. Click on manage applications
    4. Click on the application you want and uninstall

With this method uninstalling is more successful.
    I manged to download Mobile1 one market they have nice apps. Thanks George but how .I changed too android..SORRY no very savvy
    Anybody know if we are going to end up getting anymore updates?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Another interesting sideeffect. Downloaded Diet Watcher from Amazon Store. The program downloaded, I can start it from Amazon Store (MyApps), but there is no Icon on any tab on my TP.
    The app doesn't work properly anyway btw, so it doesn't really matter, but I found that startling.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  20. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi Lucia,

I manged to download Mobile1 one market they have nice apps. Thanks George but how .I changed too android..SORRY no very savvy
    don't know exactly what you mean.

So you installed "Mobile 1 market" (never have seen it), then you select an app and click on install?

Normally the app will be installed via ACL and ACL will create an object on the screen, by "touching" on it, the app will be started via ACL and runs more or less like all other webOS app.

This only works if this app is compatible with ACL, only Android 2.3 is supported, so by now 50 to 70% of all apps, and the app has to be compatible with ACL too or vice versa, ACL does not support the complete function set of Android 2.3.

But normally you should get an error or success message when installing am app.

So you do not have to "change" to Android, ACL is the name for "Android Compatibility Layer" and ACL basicly is mapping Android function-calls to the ones in webOS, as far my understanding is.