Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Well...
    A month later and it STILL DOESN'T FEEL EVEN CLOSE TO GREEN.

sorry, OM. I can't get on board with this. The feed back here sounds too negative.
    Haven't had an update for weeks. Save yourself and don't give them your money. I'm done with my TouchPad. Time for it to just occupy storage space. Acl is just too slow, and is barely compatible with apps. Netflix lags.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    i just got a "your license is unactivated or has expired" notification as i took it from the Touchstone.
    It was working "fine" with that kickstarter license since over a month now. Haven't started any ACL app after that expire notification.

Now what, reentering code or uninstalling/reinstalling ACL? I'm a bit afraid loosing all webOS data, as some of you experinced recently.

Is there a an ACL log to look for the problem?

Btw. didn't find a faq on OM Support Center on that topic. Links from ACL Documemtion App resolve to a webpage with expired certificate and no content like:
    https://openmobile.zendesk.com/hc/en...allation-Guide

Yes i have Uberkernel, yes i have LunaCE 4.9.10 and yes i have CM10, but was all no problem when using Beta 0.6 for month (without having to enter a licence key).
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I guess if you have a bog-standard, unpatched, un-CM'd, un-re-kernelled, un-LunaCE'd and freshly Doctored device, then OM anyway, would consider ACL 1.2.0.3 @ level 'Green'.. but,. how many of us here have, or are even willing to have, such devices still?

Hhmm.. 'niche' market?

I know.......really OM, we all love(d) the TP for the very reasons mentioned above. We are an active DIY community that enjoys molding our devices to what we want/like. Others (pre-ware, webos ports, etc) are able to accommodate this with stability (for the most part) so why do you fight things like LunaCE, CM, etc. Make your software work with these mods like others have done (and continue to do.....I might add).

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Well...
    A month later and it STILL DOESN'T FEEL EVEN CLOSE TO GREEN.

sorry, OM. I can't get on board with this. The feed back here sounds too negative.
    Let me chime in (as I did in the original thread) and say I don't have many issues with ACL, I'm using in initial full release, trying to avoid doctoring. ACL has given me the apps webOS never had and I'm happy with it. If I had another TouchPad, I'd buy another license for it. Some of the feedback here is very atypical, from my experience.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    WDPage and John_OM_Tech like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Let me chime in (as I did in the original thread) and say I don't have many issues with ACL, I'm using in initial full release, trying to avoid doctoring. ACL has given me the apps webOS never had and I'm happy with it. If I had another TouchPad, I'd buy another license for it. Some of the feedback here is very atypical, from my experience.
    I like you am using the V1.0.1 release and am not seeing many issues except, I have removed the ACl APP Mall and other ACL APK files, and upgraded to Google Play, the only issues I have are when an App gets updated...

Update issue: I have installed the Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies and TV, Google Newstand, Google Search, Google Feedback, Google Partner Setup, Google Services Framework, One Time Initializer, Setup Wizard, Gmail, Gtalk, YouTube, SuperUser.apk and rooted via su, all APK's are installed in system/app.

So when Google updates one of their App's, I make a backup of the newer APK, and then uninstall the newer APK, remove the old APK, remove the old data/davlnk-cache system@app@ file and then copy the new APK, sometimes the APK get removed correctly (from webOS), sometimes the APK looks fine in Android (is usable) but its webOS link does not work, sometimes a reboot fixes this sometimes it does not and I have to repeat the above steps...

Sometimes the Launcher setup gets corrupted then during a reboot the launcher defaults and all my apps (webOS and ACL) get defaulted to download and thanks to save/restore I am able to restore the launcher settings and re-start LunaSysMgr and everything is back to normal, but I only see this when an app is automatically updated by Google Play Store.

Am I happy I have ACL, yes, have I heard of devices being wiped, yes, but I have not seen any of these issues, but I am not using the latest version, and from the reports it seems some users have not had any issues.

My only wish: Would like ACL to be upgraded to at least Ice Cream Sandwich...
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    i just got a "your license is unactivated or has expired" notification as i took it from the Touchstone.
    It was working "fine" with that kickstarter license since over a month now. Haven't started any ACL app after that expire notification.

Now what, reentering code or uninstalling/reinstalling ACL? I'm a bit afraid loosing all webOS data, as some of you experinced recently.

Btw. didn't find a faq on OM Support Center on that topic. Links from ACL Documemtion App resolve to a webpage with expired certificate and no content like:

Yes i have Uberkernel, yes i have LunaCE 4.9.10 and yes i have CM10, but was all no problem when using Beta 0.6 for month (without having to enter a licence key).
    Hello,

Feel free to log a support request with OpenMobile at the top of our Support Center page so we can assist you:

Support Center

We can look into your license status in our database and get you activated again if you have a valid license. Regarding losing data, that is an issue we are still investigating. Activating your license should not cause data loss. This is really stemming from another event and we are working with our engineers to try and determine what that event is.

The link to our installation guide that is displayed on the Documentation app is using an alternate URL that may not work on all web browsers. PIC administrates that Doc app and I have since contacted them to replace that link to our install guide, with this one below, which should work on all browsers:

ACL for webOS Installation Guide – Support Center

Please use the link above.

>Yes i have Uberkernel, yes i have LunaCE 4.9.10 and yes i have CM10,
    >but was all no problem when using Beta 0.6 for month (without having to enter a licence key).

ACL for webOS has changed quite a bit from our beta. To meet the ACL prerequisites, TouchPads containing ACL beta versions need to be webOS Doctored prior to installing ACL 1.2.x. Also, UberKernel is not supported and has been known to cause problems for ACL and ACL enabled apps. Our release notes mentions that and other product support requirements:

ACL for webOS Release Notes – Support Center

We look forward to helping you and want to ensure your ACL experience is a positive one, so please log a support ticket with us.

Thank you,

John
    OpenMobile Support
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    I am not sure if the issue is due to ACL but since nothing else has changed, I am thinking it is due to ACL. I am having an issue with my mail and media in Touchpad. After some time after the boot, the Touchpad fails to read any mails. The mail app loads but does not show any mails. Similarly, the music app loads but does not show any music. Even document apps load but does not show files. Once I reboot, it is fine again, but the problem comes back after some time. I have uninstalled ACL but the problem still exists.

Anyone else facing this problem? Please Help if you have an idea.
    Hello,

I have not seen any issues reported from other customers about the mail app not showing any emails. Please log a support request with us so we can investigate this for you.

Regarding the music app, listing and playing MP3s with the Android "Music" app should work fine, as I just tested it on my TouchPad. However, a few things to keep in mind:

1) My MP3s were in the /sdcard (top level) as shown below.

/sdcard/(name of folder containing the MP3 files)/(all MP3 files are listed in here)

Actual example:

/sdcard/lazysong/Eventually.mp3

2) Try downloading an mp3 from an online source. Or, you can move an mp3 folder/file to the SD Card. *Just make sure to re-start the device after doing this.

3) After device has been re-started, launch the "Music" app.

4) Click the "Artists" tab or the "Albums" tab and you should see the MP3s listed.

5) Click on an MP3 file and play it. It should play.

If you still do not see any music listed when using the music app, please log a support ticket with us here:

Support Center

Regards,

John
    OpenMobile Support
    Hi John,

OK.. as I am sure it is an integral part of your 'job' to find as polite a way as possible of continuing to say 'No' to almost anything, I wll not persue it with you!
    However, in the case of ACL for webOS, could we not just run it - and any of it's Apps, direct from a specific webOS Launcher Tab window?
    I have used the excellent 'SubOrbital' App to create a tab specifically for ACL - and anyway use just that, as opposed to the offending ACL/Android 'Homepage'.
    Can the ACL launch process not continue in the background without forcing it's Homepage onto our screens as a result - and then be run directly from the webOS Launcher??

Regarding CM10 etc.. actually it is more likely that ACL is 'competing' in THEIR (CM's) 'product space' - or at leat attempting to! And after this recent crash experience, I personally feel that CM win hands down!
    That said however, I can find no prior reference or advice from OM advising their webOS users to also first UNinstall any versions of CM Android that they may also have already installed on their machines!
    Surely, as ACL QA have, by your own admission, carried out little or no prior testing to TP's with CM also installed, it would be wise of OM to at least publicly state this in their future ACL installaion advice to webOS users?
    As you are aware, 'Doctoring' - which OM do advise prior to (re) installing a version of ACL - does NOT remove CM versions.
    ~ Potentially remiss therefore.

I have reinstalled ACL 1.2.0.3 onto another (wifi only) TP and my Activation Key is not functional ~ ('unknown error').

Thank you for your offer to visit Openmobile Support Centre, but in the interest of other *webOS Nation* ACL users, I consider it prudent to continue with any further discussions or topics here, at our Home Base, in order to facilitate their continued future reference etc.
    Thank you however, for your time in continuing to visit,monitor and respond directly here! Keep it up!

~~~
    Hi Mutoidi,

Thanks again for the feedback. Regarding TouchPads with CyanogenMod Android and ACL, we have customers who experience no problems running those two products. Conversely, customers have reported a variety of problems while running ACL on CM equipped TouchPads. Since we have not quality tested or developed ACL on CM TouchPads, we cannot guarantee how ACL will work. Our release notes state that using a CM TouchPad would be at your own risk for the reasons I mentioned above.

ACL for webOS Release Notes – Support Center

Also, I just want to make it clear that our support team is available to help any customer experiencing problems with ACL for webOS TouchPad. The way to initiate that support is to log a support request with us so a ticket can be created. A ticket allows us to:

1) Communicate questions and tasks directly to you.
    2) Keep a history of troubleshooting.
    3) Run reports and metrics for trending issues that helps prioritize our engineering resources.
    4) Allows other OM teams to conveniently review your issues.

We appreciate you wanting to communicate only on webosnation, as it is a great resource, but the best way to get the OpenMobile resources necessary to address an issue is to log a support request.

Regards,

John L.
    OpenMobile Support
    After my TP rebooted and got wiped in the proces, I have doctored it and reinstalled ACL. (no problems)
    Before the "accident" I had android market, but when I now try to install the market it asks for my google account info. I can't remember how I did it last time, but I can't get it to work now.
    What am I missing?

Martin :-)

ACL 1.2.0.3 - WebOS 3.0.5

Edit: Found this thread. I will take a look at what other people have tried.
    Google market and Amazon apps for ACL
    Last edited by martinjochimsen; 04/07/2014 at 04:42 PM.
    I guess if you have a bog-standard, unpatched, un-CM'd, un-re-kernelled, un-LunaCE'd and freshly Doctored device, then OM anyway, would consider ACL 1.2.0.3 @ level 'Green'.. but,. how many of us here have, or are even willing to have, such devices still?

Hhmm.. 'niche' market?

I ACTUALLY DO. yes my tp is unmolested. It had been waiting for acl very patiently.

I however was not, and while waiting i obtained this nex7 and learned swipe. Swipe plus the weight difference made the TP obsolete for typing in bed.

My TP will live out it's days as my online TV in bed. It will get fair use, but never achieve its potential.
    I ACTUALLY DO. yes my tp is unmolested. It had been waiting for acl very patiently.

I however was not, and while waiting i obtained this nex7 and learned swipe. Swipe plus the weight difference made the TP obsolete for typing in bed.

My TP will live out it's days as my online TV in bed. It will get fair use, but never achieve its potential.
    WoW! That is patience almost beyond the call of duty! The first thing I did after activating a Palm Profile for my TP, was install about 50 Patches from Preware - then CM - then LunaCE, as they became available!

Let's hope ACL is eventually updated to show it's true worth anyway!
    As 'John_OM' mentions above, some already 'molested' TPs appear just fine with ACL ~ whilst others just do not!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I have tested ACL with the trial one.

It works well but I feel the TP slower in general, not only with Android apps.

By the momento I'm not going to purchase it, but if it get an update to ICS or other 4.x Android, I think it will worth the money instead the slowdown.

I'm using only webOS with LunaCE 4.9.10.

Greetings.
    If I have the webOS mail app open, and launch any ACL app, within the next few minutes, I'm going to receive a total reboot. If I have an ACL app open, and I launch webOS mail, I'm going to get a reboot within a few minutes. Now, of course, the primary function of my webOS TouchPad is as an email device... so... meh.

Also, any app that attempts to call to the missing in-app-purchase APIs instantly reboots the touchpad also.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I have a LunaCE TP and no major issues with ACL. No reboots, data loss, etc. I'm running two webOS apps and two Android apps as I write this. I'm very pleased, but I feel really let down by the app store (deja vu for webOS users). I don't know how to get Google Play, but I'd like to have access to a greater selection of apps. If anyone would like to share how this can be done, I'd appreciate the illumination. BTW - The camera app fail is simply hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Kruse View Post
    I have a LunaCE TP and no major issues with ACL. No reboots, data loss, etc. I'm running two webOS apps and two Android apps as I write this. I'm very pleased, but I feel really let down by the app store (deja vu for webOS users). I don't know how to get Google Play, but I'd like to have access to a greater selection of apps. If anyone would like to share how this can be done, I'd appreciate the illumination. BTW - The camera app fail is simply hilarious
    One quick solution is to use the Android Browser app to go to the Amazon app store, and download that from there.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    OM instead of putting energy into pushing out spring ad-mails for ACL you should but your energy in fixing the known issues:

Limitations

This release of ACL for webOS has the following limitations and/or missing functionality:

Hardware video decoding is not supported.
    Camera functionality and Camera app is not supported.
    Notification functionality and Notification app is not supported.
    Center LED is not supported.
    Vibrator is not supported.
    Bluetooth is not supported.
    Google apps, Google Services, and apps that have dependencies on Google Services are not supported.
    AdobeAir and Adobe FLASH, and apps that require these products are not supported.
    ACL-enabled apps must be uninstalled via Android Settings/Applications/Manage Applications.*
    Known Issues

Tilt does not function correctly in some games (Accelerometer Sensor Box and Air Penguin). *
    When memory capacity on the device is exceeded, webOS will arbitrarily close apps and processes, sometimes leaving ancillary processes running. This was observed with audio playing after some apps were forced to close.
    After license activation, the Activate button still remains visible. However, no need to click this Activation a second time.
    If you deactivate and uninstall ACL on your device, then reinstall ACL and reactivate; you will need to reboot the device for the license to successfully reactivate.
    We have observed an intermittent instance of apps failing to launch when a trial license is in place, after a reboot. In this case, reactivating the license has been a successful workaround.
    Sound still plays in apps though sound is muted in device.
    Last update was february and it felt like i got 5 mails since then but NO update of ACL. btw. it's April now.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 04/12/2014 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post

I had this issue too. I did not doctor. Ssems like I deregistered acl then re activated acl
    Hi all,
    i bought and installed ACL in the first week of the official release and have had no big problems since. today, it says i have no licence. i tried to deactive and reactivate but cannot launch any android app including settings.
    What to do next ?
    Quote Originally Posted by position high View Post
    Hi all,
    i bought and installed ACL in the first week of the official release and have had no big problems since. today, it says i have no licence. i tried to deactive and reactivate but cannot launch any android app including settings.
    What to do next ?
    Hello,

I recommend submitting a support request at the top of our Support Center below, so we can troubleshoot this for you:

Support Center

The behavior you are seeing can be caused by any number of variables from device side, server, network connectivity, data caching, etc., so please contact us and we will resolve this for you.

Thank you,

John L.
    OpenMobile Support
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    I had this issue too. I did not doctor. Ssems like I deregistered acl then re activated acl
    Hello,

Can you please clarify what you mean by "de-registering ACL"? I'd like to know the exact steps you took and the activity you were doing on the TouchPad prior to you running into this problem. If you don't mind logging a support request with us at the top of our Support Center below, we can look into this issue in further detail:

Support Center

Thank you,

John L.
    OpenMobile Support