Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
    Me again,

this morning the blink notification on my TP started working again, but I have no idea what I could have done to bring it back - no reboot or any install.

Well - I'm glad it is back and hope it stays.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Seems like this thread is slowly dying to me.. used to come here everyday but now it just seems a little lonely. Hoping OM releases an update soon.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    I am not sure if the issue is due to ACL but since nothing else has changed, I am thinking it is due to ACL. I am having an issue with my mail and media in Touchpad. After some time after the boot, the Touchpad fails to read any mails. The mail app loads but does not show any mails. Similarly, the music app loads but does not show any music. Even document apps load but does not show files. Once I reboot, it is fine again, but the problem comes back after some time. I have uninstalled ACL but the problem still exists.

Anyone else facing this problem? Please Help if you have an idea.
    Was your Touchpad losing connectivity after after awaking from stand by or sleep after a period of inactivity? That has been the case with mine for the last year and a half and just started on my brother's several months ago. Anything that requires network connectivity doesn't seem to work although it indicates you are connected to your wireless network. The only solution was a reboot. I was beginning to assume this was a hardware problem until I installed ACL along with the Amazon and Google app stores. The android apps that required connectivity like email and browsers worked fine even when the native webOS apps went into this wonky state.
    Hmmm.. reporting a 'surprise' horror-crash that just occurred:

4GTP 3.0.5 + Licensed ACL 1.2.0.3 + CM10 (L-20131123-4g_beta4)
    All media fles such as Photos + Docs (& ACL!) wiped totally on (unexpected) webOS auto-restart!

The last thing I recall doing prior, was rebooting from CM10 to 3.0.5 and then just after swiping ACL's cheeky 'Homepage' out of the way yet again.. DOWN she went - taking 2 years of files with her!

Re-Doctored with 3.0.5 anyhow.. CM10 still OK.
    I'm now steering well clear of ACL anyway, thank you guys!

+ No Comprendo!

~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/24/2014 at 11:55 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_OM_Tech View Post
    o o o
    We o o o understand you wanting ACL to be supported on an UberKernel TouchPad.
    o o o
    John,
    I would really really like to install ACL on my Tp 4g, but do NOT want to give up UperKernel. Please twist your development team's arms to get it supported.

Verell
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    John,
    I would really really like to install ACL on my Tp 4g, but do NOT want to give up UperKernel. Please twist your development team's arms to get it supported.

Verell
    I have some information I have discovered. Some of it the hard way.
    UberKernal has some oddities. The keyboard will not appear from time to time. A device restart will fix it. The title bar will sometimes disappear. A device restart will fix it. The display will blank out before the timeout settings. A touch will bring it back. A restart will fix it.

F4 Phantom, so far, doesn't seem to have the above problems.

Warthog boots in an infinite loop. Doctoring was the only way I found to fix it.

WebOS Ports LunaCE 4.9.5 was used with the above kernals along with Govnah.
    Quote Originally Posted by mckelveyw View Post
    I have some information I have discovered. Some of it the hard way.
    UberKernal has some oddities. The keyboard will not appear from time to time. A device restart will fix it. The title bar will sometimes disappear. A device restart will fix it. The display will blank out before the timeout settings. A touch will bring it back. A restart will fix it.

F4 Phantom, so far, doesn't seem to have the above problems.

Warthog boots in an infinite loop. Doctoring was the only way I found to fix it.

WebOS Ports LunaCE 4.9.5 was used with the above kernals along with Govnah.
    Found F4Phantom will lose VKB at times, but quick *Luna* Restart fixes it.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    John,

Verell
    Hello Verell,

Sure thing. A big part of my role at OpenMobile is to be a voice for customers and advocate their needs, which I try to do on a daily basis. We are all well aware of the interest for UberKernel support, however allocating the development resources necessary to bring that to a reality is just not realistic at this time. As mentioned before, if that should change, we will let you all know.

Thank you for your understanding and interest in OpenMobile!

-John
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Hmmm.. reporting a 'surprise' horror-crash that just occurred:

4GTP 3.0.5 + Licensed ACL 1.2.0.3 + CM10 (L-20131123-4g_beta4)
    All media fles such as Photos + Docs (& ACL!) wiped totally on (unexpected) webOS auto-restart!

The last thing I recall doing prior, was rebooting from CM10 to 3.0.5 and then just after swiping ACL's cheeky 'Homepage' out of the way yet again.. DOWN she went - taking 2 years of files with her!

Re-Doctored with 3.0.5 anyhow.. CM10 still OK.
    I'm now steering well clear of ACL anyway, thank you guys!

+ No Comprendo!

~~~
    Hi Mutoidi,

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I can't imagine losing all my files like that. The action of swiping away the ACL app screen should not cause a TouchPad's files to be completely deleted. Honestly, this is the first time we have heard of something like this from a user. Also, our QA team has never experienced this in their extensive testing on non-CM TouchPads.

We do want to help you and investigate this issue further. Please log a support request with us so we can take a closer look.

Thank you,

John
    DMeister likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    After some time after the boot, the Touchpad fails to read any mails. The mail app loads but does not show any mails. Similarly, the music app loads but does not show any music. Even document apps load but does not show files. Once I reboot, it is fine again, but the problem comes back after some time.
    I've had ACL for a few days and am seeing similar problems. The only app I've downloaded is Firefox since I use my Touchpad primarily for web browsing. I've seen the missing email problem. I've also had problems with the stock browser. All my bookmarks disappear and all the Preferences get set to OFF. And I can't set them on again or save any new bookmarks. I thought Firefox was somehow causing this but I haven't been able to like a specific activity to the browser losing its bookmarks.

After I reboot, everything is back again. Going to try to find something reproducible to help out the developers.
    Hi Mutoidi,

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I can't imagine losing all my files like that. The action of swiping away the ACL app screen should not cause a TouchPad's files to be completely deleted. Honestly, this is the first time we have heard of something like this from a user. Also, our QA team has never experienced this in their extensive testing on non-CM TouchPads.

We do want to help you and investigate this issue further. Please log a support request with us so we can take a closer look.

Thank you,

John
    Thanks John,

I will do.
    I also find it hard to imagine that simply swiping away the ACL 'Home Screen' would/could cause such a massive crash! But as it happened both so very quickly and also totally unexpectedly, with no previous 'warning' or glitches of any description whatsoever, this is simply the last action that I consciously recall performing and therefore may even have done so before it was fully 'loaded?

Once solution may be to create a default 'OFF' function for ACL, as also requested earlier & separately here, whereby it can only be booted manually and thereby also *after* the machine has fully loaded any/all other OS's installed?
    Now might be a good time for you to take that on board and act on it?

Have your team already *thoroughly* tested ACL on Touchpad 4G machines that also DO already have CM10 installed, or not, please?
    If not, that is I believe, somewhat remiss of your QA team.
    As it had been totally stable for over two years prior, I shall anyway take the precaution of avoiding reinstalling ACL again on that machine ~ understandably perhaps!

I shall also probably require a replacement Activation Key now anyhow, as there was no official 'deactivation' process on the original.. it just vapourised!

~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/26/2014 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks John,

I will do.
    I also find it hard to imagine that simply swiping away the ACL 'Home Screen' would/could cause such a massive crash! But as it happened both so very quickly and also totally unexpectedly, with no previous 'warning' or glitches of any description whatsoever, this is simply the last action that I consciously recall performing and therefore may even have done so before it was fully 'loaded?

Once solution may be to create a default 'OFF' function for ACL, as also requested earlier & separately here, whereby it can only be booted manually and thereby also *after* the machine has fully loaded any/all other OS's installed?

Have your team already *thoroughly* tested ACL on Touchpad 4G machines that also DO already have CM10 installed, or not, please?
    As it had been totally stable for over two years prior, I shall anyway take the precaution of avoiding reinstalling ACL again on that machine ~ understandably perhaps!

I shall also probably require a replacement Activation Key now anyhow, as there was no official 'deactivation' process on the original.. it just vapourised!

~~~
    Did you try some data recovery software like Recuva to see if you could get your data back? I found that it often helped me in the past in similar cases
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Did you try some data recovery software like Recuva to see if you could get your data back? I found that it often helped me in the past in similar cases
    I can look into it Herrie - thanks.
    I am not too hopefull though, as I also felt it better to Doctor 3.0.5 whilst it was 'down'.
    I know that the old magnetic HDD's were often data-recoverable - but have not tried this with SSD tech ~ yet.

Thanks John,

I will do.

~~~
    Hi Mutoidi,

Your suggestion is a good one that has been requested by other ACL webOS users in the past. I can totally see how enabling/disabling ACL manually, kind of like a toggle, would be very useful. I logged this as a feature request a while ago and I was able to confirm with development that there is a limitation with the webOS operating system that prevents us from implementing this feature. However, this feature is capable of being supported/implemented on some other operating systems we are developing ACL on. Believe me, we have had a wish list for ACL webOS, but there's only so much that we can realistically do on an older, discontinued operating system.

To answer your question, "Has your team already *thoroughly* tested ACL on Touchpad 4G machines that also DO already have CM10 installed, or not, please?", the answer is no. We have not QA tested our product on CyanogenMod equipped TouchPads. Honestly, it doesn't make much sense to focus our development and QA efforts on CM Android TouchPads that are competing in our product space. If that position should change, we will let you know.

Regarding your activation key, it should still work. Please log a support ticket with us so we can check your license key status and proceed with next steps. We are always happy to help!

We do appreciate your feedback. If you have any other ideas or topics you would like to discuss, feel free to visit our Support Center Community and post there: OpenMobile

Thank you,

John
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    I've had ACL for a few days and am seeing similar problems. The only app I've downloaded is Firefox since I use my Touchpad primarily for web browsing. I've seen the missing email problem. I've also had problems with the stock browser. All my bookmarks disappear and all the Preferences get set to OFF. And I can't set them on again or save any new bookmarks. I thought Firefox was somehow causing this but I haven't been able to like a specific activity to the browser losing its bookmarks.

After I reboot, everything is back again. Going to try to find something reproducible to help out the developers.
    Hi kwarner,

Please send us any details you have and we can investigate this issue for you. You can click the "Submit a Request" link here to initiate a support ticket: OpenMobile

Thank you!

John
    so OM post on there facebook page about use of Skype and Instagram but you can't use the camera.... has anybody been able to figure out a work around to get the camera working in ACL apps???
    Hi Mutoidi,

Your suggestion is a good one that has been requested by other ACL webOS users in the past. I can totally see how enabling/disabling ACL manually, kind of like a toggle, would be very useful. I logged this as a feature request a while ago and I was able to confirm with development that there is a limitation with the webOS operating system that prevents us from implementing this feature. However, this feature is capable of being supported/implemented on some other operating systems we are developing ACL on. Believe me, we have had a wish list for ACL webOS, but there's only so much that we can realistically do on an older, discontinued operating system.

To answer your question, "Has your team already *thoroughly* tested ACL on Touchpad 4G machines that also DO already have CM10 installed, or not, please?", the answer is no. We have not QA tested our product on CyanogenMod equipped TouchPads. Honestly, it doesn't make much sense to focus our development and QA efforts on CM Android TouchPads that are competing in our product space. If that position should change, we will let you know.

Regarding your activation key, it should still work. Please log a support ticket with us so we can check your license key status and proceed with next steps. We are always happy to help!

We do appreciate your feedback. If you have any other ideas or topics you would like to discuss, feel free to visit our Support Center Community and post there: OpenMobile

Thank you,

John
    Hi John,

OK.. as I am sure it is an integral part of your 'job' to find as polite a way as possible of continuing to say 'No' to almost anything, I wll not persue it with you!
    However, in the case of ACL for webOS, could we not just run it - and any of it's Apps, direct from a specific webOS Launcher Tab window?
    I have used the excellent 'SubOrbital' App to create a tab specifically for ACL - and anyway use just that, as opposed to the offending ACL/Android 'Homepage'.
    Can the ACL launch process not continue in the background without forcing it's Homepage onto our screens as a result - and then be run directly from the webOS Launcher??

Regarding CM10 etc.. actually it is more likely that ACL is 'competing' in THEIR (CM's) 'product space' - or at leat attempting to! And after this recent crash experience, I personally feel that CM win hands down!
    That said however, I can find no prior reference or advice from OM advising their webOS users to also first UNinstall any versions of CM Android that they may also have already installed on their machines!
    Surely, as ACL QA have, by your own admission, carried out little or no prior testing to TP's with CM also installed, it would be wise of OM to at least publicly state this in their future ACL installaion advice to webOS users?
    As you are aware, 'Doctoring' - which OM do advise prior to (re) installing a version of ACL - does NOT remove CM versions.
    ~ Potentially remiss therefore.

I have reinstalled ACL 1.2.0.3 onto another (wifi only) TP and my Activation Key is not functional ~ ('unknown error').

Thank you for your offer to visit Openmobile Support Centre, but in the interest of other *webOS Nation* ACL users, I consider it prudent to continue with any further discussions or topics here, at our Home Base, in order to facilitate their continued future reference etc.
    Thank you however, for your time in continuing to visit,monitor and respond directly here! Keep it up!

~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/28/2014 at 10:59 AM.

Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Hi,

yesterday my OpenMobile AppMall stopped working. When I hit the icon, it lights up and goes off again, but nothing happens. Is there any log system, that I can access to try to find out, what may cause this?
    I did not do a reboot yet, because I'd like to learn, how to analyse such a problem first. Other acl apps still work as does the amazon store.
    Edit after a reboot due to a crash, the AppMall started working again (as expected). However, I'd still like to learn, where I could find some logs. /Edit

One additional question: What is the "Notification" Android app supposed to do? It opens a minimised card with the moon glowing, but never seem to finish initializing and never maximizes the card.

Do I need to visit the support center?

Regards,
    UW
    Last edited by HerrSchwarz5; 03/28/2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: new info
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Will there be any more updates to ACL? It's been weeks. Hope they haven't given up. I want to use my TouchPad but ACL still runs slow. Apps lag. Netflix stutters.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk