Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
  1. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Although, I have been using V1.0.1, (I have tested V1.2.0 and V1.2.0.3 on a Touchpad Go, I do not use that as a production system), I have not seen this...
    after my last crash after installing ACL (I think it was 0.6) I doctored my TP and reinstalled everything, so my installation was quite new. I had some Preware patches to advance the GUI and to limit log- and "phone-home"-things and the latest LunaCE, but no ueber-kernel.

I have not seen this... If I were you I would look at your messages log and see if a device wipe was sent to your device.
    No way, the newest log-entry begins today at 09:49:42, probably after the TP rebooted :-(

Although I am sure pirates have already come up with this, hacking ACL on the Touchpad is not something I think is going to generate enough to bother with...
    I think this too, normally I can not accept piracy at all, but if companies are so stupid to implement a copy-protection that only brings problems for the legal users, a pirated and cracked version would be a better solution for all.

Unfortunately today these are created by criminals to infect systems with malware, while in the past it just was fun and interest by real hackers to fool the copy protection systems and some stupid companies.

The fact that they moved from a file system key system, to the web key system, makes someone at OMWW think they need to manage it, but I think they are wasting ~$400 a month... The market of users of Touchpad is maybe a 10,000 users, at best 20,000 users (from views of this thread ~13,000), plus with the product being $20, most users will buy verse pirate the software.
    I didn't knew this, but probably you are right with a monthly fee they have to pay for their stupid and useless copyright system.

But I don't think that the TP market with webOS is still that big.

Most people who bought a TP in the past will use it as it is, without Preware, patches or apps that have to be side-loaded like ACL. A lot of others installed CM to use it as cheap Android tablet, and these even will not think on coming back to use webOS plus ACL.

To have to doctor the TP and then side-loading the app, because it's not available in the App Catalog will not be very "positive" for the number of sales too.

So 750 users backed ACL, around 1000 licenses for their TPs plus an other 1000, maybe 2000 who might be interested to buy it later, so overall I would not expect more than 3000 licenses for ACL.

So PIC/OM just should kick out the fu... copy-protection and sell it as it is, may be with watermarking the license, but not more. I don't think that they will loose any relevant amount of money!
    Cautious lurker who has been following this topic since it first broke with the announcement of the Kickstarter campaign. Been reading every related thread, waiting for the public release and seeing folks experience, problems. I have been hesitant to make the leap since I use my TP A LOT, and didn't want to face borking it after 2 1/2 years of great performance. But I think I'm ready to do so now.

I have loaded dozens of patches on my device (but no UK). Do I need to do anything about removing my patches before installing ACL?
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Cautious lurker who has been following this topic since it first broke with the announcement of the Kickstarter campaign. Been reading every related thread, waiting for the public release and seeing folks experience, problems. I have been hesitant to make the leap since I use my TP A LOT, and didn't want to face borking it after 2 1/2 years of great performance. But I think I'm ready to do so now.

I have loaded dozens of patches on my device (but no UK). Do I need to do anything about removing my patches before installing ACL?
    I do not use any Kernel but the HP/Palm designed one on the Touchpad, I also did not remove any patches, so none that I have seen conflict... (however I am using V1.0.1 not V1.2.0.x, YMMV)
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    No way, the newest log-entry begins today at 09:49:42, probably after the TP rebooted :-(
    Don't forget to check the previous ones that have been compressed to save space. There are always 4 or 5 generations of logs on an active device. Just use gunzip to uncompress them so you an look at them. You may have already checked them, but wanted to be sure you knew about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    SPA: uhm .. así que tal vez lo que se necesita algo como TOR. He visto a alguien ya usó en ACL exitosamente (Más información aquí: ACL - Release Thread) - used Google Translate to help my bad-spanish ^^

EN: uhm.. so maybe you would need something like TOR. I have seen that blm22 user already used it on ACL successfully.

More info here: ACL - Release Thread
    Sorry, I did not realize I wrote in Spanish XD
    thanks, I will continue investigating how to use proxy in android applications
    DMeister likes this.
    someone know an app of youtube in appmall?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I do not use any Kernel but the HP/Palm designed one on the Touchpad, I also did not remove any patches, so none that I have seen conflict... (however I am using V1.0.1 not V1.2.0.x, YMMV)
    Thanks John!
  8. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Just use gunzip to uncompress them so you an look at them. You may have already checked them, but wanted to be sure you knew about them.
    yes, I used the .5.gz (or 4?), but thanks a lot for your advice.

Current state is, that most things are working again, but Preware is messed up as always, because the installed patches are not in there anymore, an "AU.... full" seemed to work, but several patches I can not install anymore.

So seems to be that I have to doctor my TP again :-(

In addition now I have the /media/omww/ on my TP what should be deleted too.

I also have seen the /media/omww/lib/libTurboActivate.so, but I do not want to put any afford in cleaning this up, it's just not worth for ACL.

Firefox didn't worked good enough for replacing the webOS-browser and reading PDFs happens not so often, that I want to "disturb" my whole "webOS-experience" with ACL.

Why they still where not able to include a manual start/stop for ACL :-(
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Anita if you still visit here:

I know the appmall is a revenue stream for you, but why is it that those that have the Market or Play Store enabled quite often do not have access to apps that work on comparable 2.3.6 devices - or earlier?

If a basic app works on Android 2.1 and 2.3.6 why should it not work on ACL? What identifier does ACL provide that blocks the install of such items? Apps that I sideload work fine, but Market/Play indicate as not compatible. Why? How can this be changed? It doesn't stop us getting the apps another way, it just frustrates us.

Thanks
    Just ordered ACL from the PIC Store. How long does it usually take to receive the email with the activation key?
    I got mine the next morning.

Sent from my iPhone using WebOS Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    someone know an app of youtube in appmall?
    This one works for me
    Youtube 5.3.24 apk download for android market mobile phone review

Martin :-)

...as you can see its not in appmall, but I hope it's okay?!
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Just ordered ACL from the PIC Store. How long does it usually take to receive the email with the activation key?
    I got an email with the licensekey right away...
    I contacted PIC and got an email asking me to check my Junk folder, and low and behold there it was!

Just installed ACL via Preware with zero problems on the install. Looking through the Open Mobile App Mall. Downloaded Netflix first (the only real reason that I wanted ACL), and a bit disappointed with the playback. Audio is OK but video stutters guite a bit more than I had hoped. Looking for other apps to download and try. I don't have a Gapps account (don't own any Android devices) so I'm going to stick with OM's app mall for now.
    I have 1.0.1 installed on my Touchpad... it works ok, buggy but it works most of the time. Is it worth upgrading to 1.20? I'm also considering installing on my Touchpad Go, but I'm considered about the inability to remove it without doctoring because it was an effort getting the Go running properly. Should I stick with 1.0.1 on both devices?

Thanks!

Dave
    I know I know I know...the Go isn't supported but this... How to install ACL on HP Touchpad Go...
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by disdigg View Post
    I have 1.0.1 installed on my Touchpad... it works ok, buggy but it works most of the time. Is it worth upgrading to 1.20? I'm also considering installing on my Touchpad Go, but I'm considered about the inability to remove it without doctoring because it was an effort getting the Go running properly. Should I stick with 1.0.1 on both devices?

Thanks!

Dave
    Well I have tested the beta v.0.6.0-x, the first release v1.0.1 (which is what I use on my production system), second release v.1.2.0, and public release v1.2.0.3 and the best way to upgrade is to uninstall then install newer version... I have not heard anything of value to upgrade at this time, but YMMV...

If you really want to keep your data, there is a way via command line, stop ACL services by moving the start-acl and start-acl-services from the /etc/event.d (Thanks to Rod for discovering this), reboot, go to the /media/cryptofs/omww/ copy your data image to /media/internal, move back the start-acl and start-acl-services, reboot, remove ACL, install ACL, then follow the steps again but instead copy your data image back to that location (make sure it is named the same as the existing, can't assume newer versions are always going to keep the name)... But remember if you had Google Market or SU you will have to re-do those as the system image will always get a fresh copy (even with an upgrade, they don't mount and update the files, they just replace the system image).
    Last edited by John Steffes; 05/05/2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Alan Morford likes this.
    I could stick my google account on youtube app not find where to put my google account, as might enable this option?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MAMISHO; 03/03/2014 at 06:13 PM.
    As there is no manual to uninstall ACL beta 0.6 without doctoring I tried to look the start-acl.sh, uninstall-acl.sh and tried to find other locations with acl leftovers.

So here is what i came up with, if there is anything missing or incorrect please reply:

• Uninstall all Android apps manually in Android "Preferences"
    • First delete app data, then uninstall app
    • Reboot device

• Uninstall ACL apps in webOS "Software Manager"
    • Reboot device

--==You should only do this if you know what you are doing==- -
    --==This is only meant to check those locations for yourself==- -
    --== I take no responsibility if your device is harmed==- -
    Only for ACL Beta 0.6.5

On commandline do the following : (had to put a space between rm because spamcheck of webosnation did not allow to post the command rm)

r m -f /etc/event.d/finish-poststart.d/025-acl-safecheck

r m -rf /usr/palm/applications/com.acl.notification*
    r m -f /usr/palm/packages/com.acl.notification
    r m -f /usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.acl.notification*
    r m -f /usr/palm/services/com.acl.notification*

r m -f /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.phxdevices.acl.*

r m -rf /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.phxdevices.acl-clip
    r m -rf /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.phxdevices.acl-for-webos-touchpad

r m -rf /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/packages/com.phxdevices.acl*

r m -rf /media/cryptofs/apps/.acl

r m -rf /media/cryptofs/apps/.scripts/com.phxdevices.acl*

r m -f /media/cryptofs/android-system.ext?
    r m -f /media/cryptofs/android-tmpfs
    r m -f /media/cryptofs/.fuse_hidden*

r m -f /media/cryptofs/android-userdata.ext? ## unsure about that one but it was created in start-acl.sh hope it's not for my CM9

r m -rf /media/internal/com.openmobile.omappmall

r m -f /media/internal/downloads/OpenMobile_ACLforWebOS_EULA-19Jul2013.pdf
    r m -f /media/internal/downloads/OpenMobile_ACLforWebOS_EULA-19Jul2013.docx
    r m -f /media/internal/downloads/OPENMOBILE\ ACL\ FOR\ WEBOS\ -\ EULA.pdf
    r m -f /media/internal/downloads/PIC\ ACL\ INSTALLER\ -\ EULA.pdf

r m -rf /opt/omww/bin /opt/omww/etc /opt/omww/lib /opt/omww/share
    r m -rf /opt/omww

r m -f /etc/event.d/start-acl
    r m -f /etc/event.d/start-acl-new
    r m -f /etc/event.d/start-acl-services
    r m -f /etc/storaged/post_msm.d/06_acl_mounts_restore
    r m -f /etc/storaged/pre_msm.d/04_acl_mounts_suspend
    r m -f /usr/palm/nodejs/notification.node
    r m -f /usr/sbin/lsof
    r m -f /usr/palm/nodejs/notification.node
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/roles/prv/com.acl.notification.service.json
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/roles/prv/com.acl.notification.write.service.json
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/roles/pub/com.acl.notification.service.json
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/roles/pub/com.acl.notification.write.service.json
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.acl.notification.service
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.acl.notification.write.service
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.acl.notification.service
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.acl.notification.write.service
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/roles/prv/omww-sensord.json
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/roles/prv/omww-service-mngr.json
    r m -f /var/palm/ls2/roles/prv/com.omww*

r m -rf /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.omww.*
    r m -rf /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.acl.*

r m -rf /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.acl.*

You should also check what is left over:
    find / -name '*acl*' ## do not delete /opt/share/aclocal
    find / -name '*omww*'
    find / -name '*openmobile*'

Did not install ACL 1.2.x for now, first i'll see if TP is working good without ACL now
    I uninstalled the beta version (0.6) in similar way:

* After examining the uninstall script I decided to simply delete ACL app via Software manager - the script takes care of uninstalling all android apps.

* When deleting fiiles in console be careful with commands ending in ".../com.phxdevices.acl*" as these will remove also files belonging to "ACL Documentation App" (if you have it installed). To be safe, you can uninstall the ACL doc before console cleanup and reinstall it afterwards.

* and to be really safe, before issueing any of the "r m -f ..." commands you should do "ls -l ..." to check what are you about to delete

* the /media/cryptofs/android-userdata.ext file is the android user data partition, so if you did store any valuable data in android, you should not delete it. However, since this file is rather big (1G) and did not have anything important there, I deleted it.

My TP is running fine so far (I did not install 1.2.0 yet though...)
    gizmo21 likes this.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast