Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    anyone know how to inherit the proxy ACL on andorid applications?

I want use the opera mini at my university
    I'm not sure which system your University uses, but if is a normal access (user/password), I think you may go to the webOS browser, login and then having the internet you need on the entire TouchPad apps (ACL included).

Just an idea...
    webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    I presume without doctoring and/or deinstallation of 0.6?
    I did a simple deinstalation though software manager. Reboot
    Then I used Internalz Pro to hunt the /opt/omww folder and erase it. Reboot

Then I copied the ipk file to the Touchpad and used preware Install package to install it.

waited waited waited and then it was installed.

No doctoring.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    pepebuho - please be aware of this warning from Cuspie. Obviously YMMV and I have also manually removed on one TP but Dr'd another. So far there is little to choose between them, but with use I am expecting issues with the unDoctored one:

Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    Quick warning guys ... for everyone that's claiming you don't have to Doctor - please be aware!

The ACL 1.2.0 installer just stomps on what is already on your TouchPad ... so any filesystems created by the Beta or 1.0.1 are still there, any script that they didn't stomp on (/opt/omww) are still there. It will seem to work but your just asking for problems. If you had optware installed with the beta, ACL might start twice. I can't say what the impact of all of this is on ACL other than ... yuck

I've seen an update that is working to resolve this problem and I've been playing with a patch to do a cleaner but it's not done yet. I would strongly advise that if you want a stable ACL environment running 1.2.0 right now ... Doctor first.

I'm off my soap box now.
    cuspie
    Hi All, I have been watching from a distance the conversations and numerous twists and turns this saga has brought.

I have one question in your more expert opinion should I purchase this product ?
    e.g. is there risk factor remaining?

I have no beta installed and would very much like to keep my current touchpad settings BUT like everybody else would also dearly love to have new apps.

Many thanks to all any every advice received,

PD
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
    Hi All, I have been watching from a distance the conversations and numerous twists and turns this saga has brought.

I have one question in your more expert opinion should I purchase this product ?
    e.g. is there risk factor remaining?

I have no beta installed and would very much like to keep my current touchpad settings BUT like everybody else would also dearly love to have new apps.

Many thanks to all any every advice received,

PD
    Paul-I held off from the beta release due to the issues that they had with the USB mode and the Kalemsoft video player. I missed out on the 1.0 release as I was traveling during the few hours it was available. I am running 1.2.0.3 on three TouchPads and have had only minor issues. I have had one screen lockup where I had to reboot the TP and my 4G TP is a little flaky when the battery gets below 25% (needs to be plugged in to boot). My advice would be go ahead...just having Netflix alone is worth the price!
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    HelloNNNewman and hmhecht like this.
    Every time I do an app update via the App Mall, the touchpad reboots after the update is installed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Thanks everyone!

I managed to get the direct link to what LOOKS like a Preware page.either way, I simply tapped on one button and everything was clear sailing from there.

All three Touchpads have now been updated.

Still a few issues but nothing major.

-Koa-
    hmhecht likes this.
    Does anyone know if the Hulu and Kindle apps will be released soon?

-Koa-
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    Does anyone know if the Hulu and Kindle apps will be released soon?

-Koa-
    Kindle will not work because they broke the network stack in the released versions, in the beta v0.6.0.x version Kindle worked fine, but until they fix the network stack Kindle will not be able to find the network... (which is the error one gets when they try to register their kindle account)...

Do not know about Hulu... Also noticed Crackle is now broken to, it plays a segment, then plays a commercial, then plays from the beginning, two segments, then plays a commercial, then plays from the beginning, three segments, used to work... Not sure if it is App related or release version related... Although I am still on Version 1.0.1, found no reason to upgrade to V1.2.0.3, seems the biggest feature they added was OMWW-LAD which forces licensing (ending of 7 day trial) and eats lots of data traffic (at least in my tests) YMMV...
    KoaFeliciano likes this.
    Ah, so the public release is finally here? I've been somewhat dubious about installing this thing with all the drama that I've read up on here, but eh. I think I'm going to get and install this anyway because I miss webOS and might as well give it another shot! $20 bucks won't break me either way, I just hope it is used wisely.
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 02/27/2014 at 03:37 PM.
    Hi, is there somewhere I can see a current list of apps that will run under ACL before I purchase/install it? Thanks!
  12. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bleviton View Post
    Hi, is there somewhere I can see a current list of apps that will run under ACL before I purchase/install it? Thanks!
    first, they have to be Android 2.3 compatible, second, there are two lists.

One at this forum:

ACL app list-post your results here!

And one at OM/PIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    I'm not sure which system your University uses, but if is a normal access (user/password), I think you may go to the webOS browser, login and then having the internet you need on the entire TouchPad apps (ACL included).

Just an idea...
    Lo intenté, pero no las obras, también he intentado con interruptor de proxy, y sólo funciona en aplicaciones WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    Lo intenté, pero no las obras, también he intentado con interruptor de proxy, y sólo funciona en aplicaciones WebOS
    SPA: uhm .. así que tal vez lo que se necesita algo como TOR. He visto a alguien ya usó en ACL exitosamente (Más información aquí: ACL - Release Thread) - used Google Translate to help my bad-spanish ^^

EN: uhm.. so maybe you would need something like TOR. I have seen that blm22 user already used it on ACL successfully.

More info here: ACL - Release Thread
    webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by bleviton View Post
    The OpenMobile AppMall is your one-stop-shop for supported Android apps for ACL-enabled TouchPads! You can visit the OpenMobile AppMall web store (AppMall: Apps) to browse the catalog of Android apps that you can download and use on your ACL-enabled TouchPad. (Be sure to select “HP TouchPad with ACL” as your device type.) The AppMall app is packaged with ACL for webOS, so you’ll be ready to download apps as soon as you install and activate ACL!

Please note that the AppMall app catalog is growing every day, so keep checking back for what's new! All apps in the AppMall have been tested to ensure they work properly on your TouchPad, so your favorite app might be next up in the validation queue!

If there is an app that you are looking for but don't see, please request it by clicking the "Submit a Request" button on our Support Center here: support.openmobileww.com and we will try our best to include it in the AppMall catalog.

Thank you and we hope that you have a fun weekend filled with Android apps on your TouchPad!
  16.    #196  
    I'm embarrassed to say, but my one mindless indulgence is Simpon's Tapped Out. But it's not in the App Mall and because it gets game updates very often, I wonder if it will make it.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    A copy of ES File Manager wouldn't go amiss either!
    Been with Palm since the Palm Pilot and the Pre since the minus appeared in June 2009. Bought my first TP at full price and a second at the fire sale. Replaced the Pre- but picked up a plus on Verizon and have replaced it with a Pre 2 which remains my daily driver. (And 6 plus and Pre 2 back-ups just in case!) So though I haven't posted much I've been lurking here for years and around the block with WebOS.

I followed the ongoing drama with ACL hoping it would play itself out but totally convinced it would be a fiasco. So when it was offered to the public I was a bit shocked. Figured it would never arrive. But after this long I certainly considered it worth a $20 investment.

I downloaded it earlier this week, downloaded a few apps, only experienced problems with one (ABC News) and now find myself spending a lot more time with my TP. ACL has worked pretty much perfectly since I downloaded it.

So----guess I was wrong. It was definitely worth waiting for. Thanks Phoenix and OM. I'm enjoying the fruits of your labors.
  19. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

I didn't use my TP for about a day, this morning I heard some notification sounds, because I expected a battery warning, I grabbed the TP and wanted attach the charging cable.

What I saw was a notification "Recovery necessary", without the possibility of any interaction, my TP rebooted and came back with no profile.

This is the second time in my (TP-)life, that I lost a Palm profile at all, and the second time shortly after I installed ACL

Thank you PIC/OM, again some hours of work for installing, recovering and configuring everything, just because some of you are so paranoid that ACL can be pirated, so that you have to include a copy-protection, that penetrate the Palm profile in such a manner, that it can be destroyed.

I paid quite much money for ACL and to support you (much more that 2 licenses are worth), and it's me and all honest customers who you are disturbing with this fu... copyright protection exclusively, while the "malware-hackers" from warez-sites just will remove this whole crap from your software :-(

Unfortunately they also will add some trojans or viruses, so that you can't use it instead of the original installation.
    Although, I have been using V1.0.1, (I have tested V1.2.0 and V1.2.0.3 on a Touchpad Go, I do not use that as a production system), I have not seen this...

Now what I have seen, sometimes ACL will wig out and when an app gets updated (although I have Google Market installed and Auto-Update selected for Apps, I do not have AppMall installed), When an app gets auto updated sometimes my default launched icons get all messed up (default configuration for system apps all others in downloads), and thanks to save/restore I can restore my launcher icons, but I have yet to have my profile de-associated with my device.

I have not seen this... If I were you I would look at your messages log and see if a device wipe was sent to your device.

FYI Although their license key software is hackable, it is one of a very good company wyday.com, the easy way to hack this is to replace their library libTurboActivate.so with one that responds to the same functions requested but always returns the product is activated. Although I am sure pirates have already come up with this, hacking ACL on the Touchpad is not something I think is going to generate enough to bother with... The fact that they moved from a file system key system, to the web key system, makes someone at OMWW think they need to manage it, but I think they are wasting ~$400 a month... The market of users of Touchpad is maybe a 10,000 users, at best 20,000 users (from views of this thread ~13,000), plus with the product being $20, most users will buy verse pirate the software.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/01/2014 at 09:33 AM.