1.    #1  
    I've had my 64gb touchpad since it came out, and I still use it everyday, and love it.

Sometimes little things happen, (keep getting the not enough memory message, Kalemsoft won't download) and I let it slide…But not being able to take advantage of the multi-tasking is a bridge too far. When I watch a youtube video, going to another app stops the video - completely. If I go back to it, I get the youtube generated error message.

I have tried everything I can think of to fix this, cleared every setting, and rebooted every which way, but nothing.

Any ideas?
    That is normal behavior. If you want it to continue playing, there is a patch to enable that.
    afaikafaikafaik, $YouTube$ $pausing$ $in$ $the$ $background$ $is$ $coded$ $into$ $the$ $app$ $behavior$. ($Pandora$, $for$ $example$, $just$ $keeps$ $playing$.) $Don$'$t$ $know$ $there$'$s$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $change$ $that$. [$Ahh$, $I$ $stand$ $corrected$ $above$!]

As for getting an error when you try to resume... that's news to me. That doesn't happen on my Pre's.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That is normal behavior. If you want it to continue playing, there is a patch to enable that.
    Thanks!

Well, it used to work, so i must've had the patch right?

I haven't launched preware in a while. First thing I notice when I open preware is the error message "Unable to open saved packages database:Tansaction Failure (code 1): unable to open a transaction to the database.

I hit ok, but I don't see any youtube patches installed, or anywhere else. Is this patch from preware? When I did a search the only youtube patches I see are the ones for low quality, and to download.
    I don't know that YouTube is in the name - I'll see if I can find it.

- Matt
    Think the patch is "No video pause when minimized"

Bit obscure! We don't "minimize" in webOS!

Edit: Also see the name is misleading. Seems it only works for YouTube, though it doesn't actually say "YouTube" anywhere in the description. But there ya go.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Think the patch is "No video pause when minimized"

Bit obscure! We don't "minimize" in webOS!

Edit: Also see the name is misleading. Seems it only works for YouTube, though it doesn't actually say "YouTube" anywhere in the description. But there ya go.
    awesome!

so since this is supposed to be in preware, and I'm not seeing it anywhere, does that mean I have to add a new feed?
    Maybe! You'll have to do some searching. For the Touchpad, I don't know if it was tagged for 3.0.5 or even if it actually works for YouTube. Reading other threads, it seems on some devices it works for different video types than others.

Example: [Patch] No video pause when minimized (for webOS 3.0.0)
    I tried modify lines of manual way that look in that patch but without success :/