Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By joshua764
  • 1 Post By MikeN68
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Hello,

I just got an Hp touchpad 4g and i would like to install ACL on it.

How can i proceed ?

I know how to install it but I didn't bought it when it was in a proect and now I would like to buy it.
    How can I proceed ?

Also, I can't download, update or purchase anything on the app catalog.
    I think its because the touchpad is from the USA and I live in England.
    What can I do ?

Thanks
    Last edited by pingenet; 01/24/2014 at 06:17 PM.
    First of all, for your trouble in purchasing apps: App Catalog Country Changer [PC]

Second of all, for the ACL: PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL
    Quote Originally Posted by pingenet View Post
    Hello,

I just got an Hp touchpad 4g and i would like to install ACL on it.

How can i proceed ?

I know how to install it but I didn't bought it when it was in a proect and now I would like to buy it.
    How can I proceed ?

Also, I can't download, update or purchase anything on the app catalog.
    I think its because the touchpad is from the USA and I live in England.
    What can I do ?

Thanks
    where did you buy? hard to get! but I want to buy one. Greetings.

Enviado desde mi PAPYRE pad 715 usando Tapatalk 2
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I bought it sealed on ebay from USA
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I would be careful about installing acl until it is finalized. I had a beta copy as a kickstarter supporter and it was unstable. I had to doctor my touchpad (which I've never had to do) which was a pain.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Hi and thanks for your answers.

For ACL, i find it ^^ but after i install it with webosquickinstall, i lauch it on my touchpad but nothing happen, it stay with the first logo "ACL for Webos"

Any idea ?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    where did you buy? hard to get! but I want to buy one. Greetings.

Enviado desde mi PAPYRE pad 715 usando Tapatalk 2
    I bought one on ebay brand new.

<link removed by moderator>
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/25/2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pingenet View Post
    Hi and thanks for your answers.

For ACL, i find it ^^ but after i install it with webosquickinstall, i lauch it on my touchpad but nothing happen, it stay with the first logo "ACL for Webos"

Any idea ?
    ACL is a licensed product... You are asking about pirating. That's a no-no here.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by Archway88 View Post
    I bought one on ebay brand new.

<link removed by moderator>
    Please. The link!!

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Please. The link!!

Just go to eBay. Type in 64GB TouchPad, and you will find it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Don't bother with ACL its rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Just go to eBay. Type in 64GB TouchPad, and you will find it.
    Yesterday I bought a 32 gb touchpad. Used but finally got my touchpad.

Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    To get ACL, you need to take your wallet out. Then, walk around asking someone less reputable to hold it for five minutes. Go to the stall, take your touchpad and flush it a few times in the toilet saying "i want ACL" three times. Take the Touchpad and wipe it dry on your shirt and head back to get your walet from that less reputable guy. Now wait for him to come back.

I had high hopes for ACL. Donated $60 and got the free stuf, which was as usefull as a chicken flavored lollipop. After installing ACL, I had an attempt on my Google account after the first release install of open mobile and ACL. It did not worked and got pulled. My touchpad became unstable so i redoctered. I doctored my touchpad to get rid of ACL and it still has directories and files on it. I still have issues with my android install as well.

If you want to run android apps, just installed android on it.
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/27/2014 at 09:26 PM.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I have ACL and have also gone through all the beta's. Yes it is laggy, yes it sometimes does not work and yes it takes an age to start apps when it does work.

BUT - I use it. It is useful to me for the couple of Android apps I want without having to boot to CM10 each time.

I have not have my Google account hacked and as far as I am aware, imurrx is the only member on this site that had had this misfortune - due to ACL.

I guess it depends on what you want and what you expect. I was expecting little and that's what I got.
    creepingmee likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    I have ACL and have also gone through all the beta's. Yes it is laggy, yes it sometimes does not work and yes it takes an age to start apps when it does work.

BUT - I use it. It is useful to me for the couple of Android apps I want without having to boot to CM10 each time.

I have not have my Google account hacked and as far as I am aware, imurrx is the only member on this site that had had this misfortune - due to ACL.

I guess it depends on what you want and what you expect. I was expecting little and that's what I got.
    Lucky you. I expected little - only needed 2 apps to work - and got even less. I have ACL, paid for a license, but never got it. A nice trial period, but that ended a week after Christmas or so. An email request for the license was met with the customary silence.
    Hi there

I've been reading a lot of the posts about ACL, and even though it seems to be really buggy, I would love to give it a try...! :-)
    Since it is impossible to buy a license from the company now, is it then possible to buy a "used" license from some one who has given up? Is that legal?
    I hope it doesn't sound like piracy, but if people are earnest, could it then be possible, or is the license depending on some kind of verification between license and an email or...???

Martin :-)
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    1969tc did you try the 'fix' in the ACL apps won't launch thread? By deleting a file you can sometimes bring ACL back to life.
    Martinjochimsen, The answer is no to using someone's licence and there is probably no chance of buying it at the moment. Not until the licence issue is worked out an OM can re-issue the app (if they ever do).

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Once the ACL ran, make sure you restart your device (not luna). Then you'll have all the installed apps in the download tab.