Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ruud Noordzij
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  1.    #1  
    Surprise surprise.... a dusty envelope was delivered last night with a Wilmington DE sender address on it.
    Found out that the nice new TouchPad does not have anything ACT related installed as promised when I donated my $$$. Actually, the old TouchPad that we already have at home works much better and does not have any expired apps that cannot be deleted from the tablet. Anyone else with a similar experience? I connected to PHX and hopefully there will be some feedback within the next weeks or so. For now I'll put the pad back in the box and enjoy my HP Chromebook.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Could you share with us some of what you have been smoking.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Sounds like the expired apps you can't delete may be that certificate issue. If it was not on for the past six months, you may need to update it manually. See the sticky in this thread.
    I think the OP is referring to a TouchPad from Phoenix Technologies that he got by donating to the Kickstarter campaign, which was promised to come with ACL pre-loaded? Instead he got a probably-not-entirely-new touchpad with no ACL and which hasn't even gotten the app catalog certificate update?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I think the OP is referring to a TouchPad from Phoenix Technologies that he got by donating to the Kickstarter campaign, which was promised to come with ACL pre-loaded? Instead he got a probably-not-entirely-new touchpad with no ACL and which hasn't even gotten the app catalog certificate update?
    Geez.. if that's truly the case, that is incredibly lame of them. LOL
    That sounds exactly right.

According to the kickstarter page there was 1 contributor who should have gotten "a Brand New Touchpad already loaded up with the latest ACL, and 5 of your favorite apps."

There was 1 contributor who would receive "a Brand New 4G Touchpad already loaded up with the latest ACL, and 5 of your favorite apps. To round out the package you will also get an extra copy of ACL for your other Touchpad,"

And one whose story we already know... A trip to NY, a Panda TP, a whirlwind courting and an eventual betrayal...

There are some who are supposed to receive "a letter of unimaginable appreciation for supporting us making this project possible, and your name goes down in our hall of fame as project supporter on our website." The OP doesn't mention any letter of "unimaginable appreciation" and I can't find any private individuals listed as supporters on the PIC website, only corporate names.

After all the silence following the false deadlines and the pulled release, this is not just lame - it would seem to signal a quiet admission that ACL may never see the light of day.

And yet... PIC and OMWW are still willing to take people's preorder money. Shameful and disgusting.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 01/24/2014 at 11:33 AM.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    And one who's story we already know... A trip to NY, a Panda TP, a whirlwind courting and an eventual betrayal...
    Ouch indeed.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    And one who's story we already know... A trip to NY, a Panda TP, a whirlwind courting and an eventual betrayal...
    I missed that story... link?
    I missed that story... link?
    How quickly they forget...

PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL

Mobile Nations Devotee
    W O W
    RumoredNow likes this.
    ...PIC and OMWW are still willing to take people's preorder money. Shameful and disgusting.
    I will retract this portion of my statement.

Preordering ACL has been halted for now... And maybe it is another sign that PIC's confidence in OMWW ever delivering a product is eroding fast.

I'm very glad to see this has been done.

Now to refund all the preorders that were never filled???

Mobile Nations Devotee