1.    #1  
    Okay, so it been a while since I used my touchpad, because I thought that I broke it. Since my brother got a new tablet with the same cable as this tablet, I thought why not give it a try. So here is what I'm able to do with the tablet:

- By pressing the Power Button and Home button without being plugged in, it shows a battery with a question mark.
    - By pressing the Power Button and Home button and is plugged in, the home button lights lights left to right. (Probably saying it is charging)
    - By pressing the Power Button, Home button and Up volume, the screen isn't lit up and therefore shows nothing, but the computer recognize as a "Palm" Device.
    - By pressing the Power button, Home button and down volume, the screen isn't lit up and therefore shows nothing, but the computer recognize as another type of device (HG-*something*something*I forgot the name*)

I've tried to run WebOS Doctor that was suggested by the HP services, but it didn't recognize the device being there. I've really tried to look around, but I found nothing. I wonder if anyone have any tips or ways to help my situation?

I'm running on a Windows 8.1 Pavilion g6-2228ca laptop.
    The second symptom is good. It just means the TP is undercharged and will take an hour or two before it can turn on its screen, after that about another 30-60 minutes to charge enough to boot.

Power-Vol+ is for USB Recovery mode. The device that shows up should be "Palm Novacom (bootie)". Power-Vol- when USB is connected goes into QHSUSB_LOAD mode, which is to upload the base firmware to the ROM. You should not go there.

See if you can get it to blink the two lights again.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    The second symptom is good. It just means the TP is undercharged and will take an hour or two before it can turn on its screen, after that about another 30-60 minutes to charge enough to boot.

Power-Vol+ is for USB Recovery mode. The device that shows up should be "Palm Novacom (bootie)". Power-Vol- when USB is connected goes into QHSUSB_LOAD mode, which is to upload the base firmware to the ROM. You should not go there.

See if you can get it to blink the two lights again.
    I've been charging the device all morning (about 6-7 hours) and I still get the same symtomps. However, if I connect the TP when it is in the two lights blinks, the computer will know it is connect, but says that it doesn't recognize it. As for the USB recovery mode, the device shows up only as "Palm" and not "Palm Novacom (bootie)". If anything, I don't mind to lose the data on my device. It is probably now old and useless, since I already have a backup of it before all of this happened.
    I suppose you could wait longer. The battery might just be severely undercharged. If it doesn't change after 24 hours, you probably have a bad battery.
    Let it sit as long as it needs to. Just revived one assisting a friend. Just let it charge. It'll boot up when it has enough charge to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Power-Vol- when USB is connected goes into QHSUSB_LOAD mode, which is to upload the base firmware to the ROM. You should not go there.
    If you did go there then is there a way with pressing certain keys to get back to the previous states
    - like "shows a battery with a question mark" or "home button lights lights left to right" ?
  7. eqr
    The Go I just received had been sitting for months. It took several days sitting with my iPad charger attached to fully charge. Don't give up. Just leave it plugged in and keep checking it.
  8. eqr
    I should add, that I had the same blinking bottom switch, and didn't even have the battery/? symbol for a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    If you did go there then is there a way with pressing certain keys to get back to the previous states
    - like "shows a battery with a question mark" or "home button lights lights left to right" ?
    Hold Power+Center until the TP reboots.
    Normally if the home button is doing the left to right blinking, it should be taking in a charge....

Try a low power charger (or leave plugged to a computer to get a 500mA power), and give it time...

So unless it's the charging unit that's gone bad (and needs the TPdeBrick approach), it might be the battery that's simply dead and no longer taking a change.

Sadly, there's only so many options... one being to get new battery and test it out.

But if the computer does see the device while plugged in and buttons being pressed, but still not able to load the drivers, that would be similar (or the same) that I had when my Touchpad died on me, which was the corrupted charging unit and TPdeBrick was the solution.

But there's still a few things that you should try first, but if at some point nothing works, you'll have nothing to lose by doing the TPdeBrick solution.

Here's the thread I did about that with links and full instructions.

Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...