Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    HELP!!!!
    Over the holidays my TP crashed--sort of. It was stuck at the HP logo for days. I tried to run the doctor, it didn't run properly, but the TP appeared to be restored almost back to normal; except that I couldn't download anything or run a backup, So I reran the dotor. Big mistake I think.. I completed doctoring last night and it seemed to run as it should have. However at the end of hte process after the apps supposedly downloaded, there was a major glitch. All apps, including the application catalog failed to download properly.

Initially I was getting a certificate error, so I reset the TP, I don't even get that far anymore. The App Catalog comes up looking like the Pre screen, but nothing is on it. All of my apps have little black dots in the upper right corner. In software manager all of the apps either have the yellow warning triangle or the double bar pause symbol. Anything I try to open results in a failed to download message.

I don't know what to do or where to turn to get my TP back to normal. I don't even know how this all happened in the first place. I was able to check the certifcate before all of this happened and it was up to date, but I can't even attempt to download it again now since the App Catalog isn't even working.

Can someone please help me????
    You need to have a certificate updated. Here's explained how: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate

If the steps described still don't let you download the update from the App Catalog, go to 'Software Manager' on the Touchpad and tap on the yellow exclamation mark next to 'HP pp Catalog' which should let you go back to the last version, then repeat the steps.
    Last edited by DocJones; 01/14/2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    You need to have a certificate updated. Here's explained how: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    Prior to doctoring, I had the updated certificate.
    I tried the process described in the link but can't get past step d because I can't get the App Catalog to open properly. The screen opens to look like a blank Pre and nothing further happens. Is there any other way to get the updated certificate?
    Quote Originally Posted by traveld View Post
    Prior to doctoring, I had the updated certificate.
    Yeah, well, doctoring restored the old and expired certificate.

Have another look at my last post, I had already edited it describing a possible solution.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Yeah, well, doctoring restored the old and expired certificate.

Have another look at my last post, I had already edited it describing a possible solution.
    OK, I will try it again when I get home. I hope that works. Thanks.
    I'll let you know tomorrow if I was successful.
    Just do the set the date back as per instructed (for July 1, 2013) , update the HP catalog, and then put the date back to normal.

It might need to be done a few times, I know that when I got my Pre3, it took multiple tries for it to finally get it done.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    There is no yellow triangle next to HP App Catalog. I have the 2 blue bars that look like the pause symbol. When I tap on the bars, it changes to blue half-circle arrow, but nothing further happens. Another tap on the app opens up the Pre-looking screen. Tapping on the blue half-circle arrow just toggles back to the pause-looking symbol.

Is there something else I can try?
    Hi,

when I got my TP after the expiry date, I followed the instructions, but could not download any apps from the catalog. This thread App Catalog Certificate update failed helped me seeing, that my cert was really not updated.
    Maybe you read through there and find a hint.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    There is no yellow triangle next to HP App Catalog. I have the 2 blue bars that look like the pause symbol. When I tap on the bars, it changes to blue half-circle arrow, but nothing further happens. Another tap on the app opens up the Pre-looking screen. Tapping on the blue half-circle arrow just toggles back to the pause-looking symbol.

Is there something else I can try?
    As I stated, I had to redo the date over 5 times before it finally worked and the HP Catalog update (which is the certificate update) would load and install correctly.

There's no other way around it as far as I know. Just keep resetting the date to the July 1, 2013 one, try to install the HP catalog update, reset back to the present date (set the get time by network back on), reboot the Touchpad.

If still didn't work, do it again... do not forget to do a complete reboot between the tries...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I wonder if that's unique to the TP - I've never had to reboot a phone during this process. I did the TP's before the cert expired.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I just restored my screwed up touchpad (I think ACL made it unstable) and had similar problems. I think when it is trying to restore lots of apps, accounts, the catalog update doesn't get downloaded so the whole thing is screwed up. Try to pause other downloading apps and focus on catalog update (set the date earlier too) . Maybe that will work.
    If not, set up a new account and set the date earlier and download the catalog update. You'll have an empty TP. Then put impostah on and then switch to your original account. If you go to the app catalog now you'll be able to download previously purchased apps for free. It's a pain to remember what you downloaded but you'll figure out.
    Worked for me. Hope it works for you!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Thank you to everyone who provided input. I tried something from everyone. I finally just changed the date and left it alone while I went to work. When I got home, I had the updated certificate! Yea!

I am having problems with the app downloads though. I was able to kick start it finally and some downloaded on their own. There are quite a few though that still have the pause bar. I am attempting to download thouse manually one by one. I just started that so I don't know if there will be fore problems in that area.

It looks like most, if not all, of the apps I had on my TP are still lingering in the background. I did lose all of the homebrew apps I had though. Unfortunately, I did not make a list of these so I'll have to search through my memory banks to recall which ones I need to redo and find the instructions on how to do it all over again. Asiide from Internalz and Pre-ware, are there any recommendations on the ones that I should be sure to reload?

Thanks again to everyone for all the feedback. I was at a loss on what to do. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.
    When I did the cert update I reset the date BACK to today after I got it. Then I restarted my phone and all of my apps redownloaded on their own.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    When I did the cert update I reset the date BACK to today after I got it. Then I restarted my phone and all of my apps redownloaded on their own.
    Yes, I did change the date back. Some downloaded, others did not. Still not sure what is happening. I just hope that I can get most of it back and this doesn't happen again. It has been painful and frustrating. I don't know what I would have to done if it weren't for this forum.
    Did you restart too?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Did you restart too?
    Yes.
    As long as you still find the App in the catalog, you should be able to re-download them manually.

If you don't see them in the catalog, they might have been removed and no longer available. (which would suck and another reason to make a local backup of those that you can).

For recommendations for Preware

There was this thread that's worth a read:

Top HP TouchPad Apps You must Have
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    As long as you still find the App in the catalog, you should be able to re-download them manually.

If you don't see them in the catalog, they might have been removed and no longer available. (which would suck and another reason to make a local backup of those that you can).

For recommendations for Preware

There was this thread that's worth a read:

Top HP TouchPad Apps You must Have
    I have my auto backup turned on. How do I make a local backup? Are there instructions posted somewhere?
    I have my auto backup turned on. How do I make a local backup? Are there instructions posted somewhere?
    Well, can't say that I've seen any official instructions, but from thread to thread, and other info, I discovered that the Apps are located in:

\Root\media\cryptofs\apps\usr\palm\applications

So for my Pre3, some Apps weren't available to install, so I grabbed the App from my Pre2 or my Touchpad in

\Root\media\cryptofs\apps\usr\palm\applications

pasted them at the same location on my Pre3 and they worked fine (those that could work on the device). Some required the patching for the resolution, but as far as I know, I don't see why copying this set of folders would not create a working backup.

As I repeat myself... some Apps that I could not download or install at all on my Pre3, I pasted a copy from my Pre2 or Touchpad and I don't remember if I had to reboot the phone (or just a luna restart) or the App showed up right away...

But they all showed up, and those that really refused to work on the Pre3, clicking the icon would bring up a message that it wasn't compatible, but it was there.
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'll look into it after I get my homebrew apps back.

Update to my situation. All but a handful of my apps have been downloaded. There are still a few that refuse to download. Oh well.

I wish I knew what caused this in the first place so I can try to avoid this happening again.

Thanks again to all who helped out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast