Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    my tablet has a battery icon with a question mark in middel of it..wont power on please help
    I'm having the same issues with one of my 2 TouchPads. From what I've read, you should plug your TouchPad into a USB port on your PC and leave it for a few days, or even as long as a week. It's been two days now and it still hasn't fired up yet, so be patient.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    My bad guys... I did a drive by and spoke too quickly. I'll let you guys assist as I'm rather under the weather yet. <post deleted>
    get well soon.....I just shook off a, dare I say it ..........nasty...... 5 day cold.....lol.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    very often people can out get a TPad to charge because they are not using the cylinder-shaped charger that came with it.

the correct charger is rated 2 AMP. a regular phone charger or Touchstone cylinder is only 1AMP.

your PC usb is usually only .5 AMP. NOT ENOUGH.

plug it into a 2 amp charger for a day and see if it will boot up then. good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    very often people can out get a TPad to charge because they are not using the cylinder-shaped charger that came with it.

the correct charger is rated 2 AMP. a regular phone charger or Touchstone cylinder is only 1AMP.

your PC usb is usually only .5 AMP. NOT ENOUGH.

plug it into a 2 amp charger for a day and see if it will boot up then. good luck
    Yes the correct charger is 2 Amps. Everything I've read indicates this problem arises from letting the battery die out while dual booted into Android, and then it forgets how to charge properly. The only way....that I've read.....to get out of this is to trickle charge it, and this is why we are using a PC USB port with less than 1 Amp, or alternatively a Touchstone charger.
    It will also happen without Android installed. Hasn't happened to me, but happened to a friend. Most instances I've seen were booted to Android tho.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/13/2014 at 03:31 PM.
    sledge007 likes this.
  8. eqr
    I just picked up another Go which has been sitting for at least eight months. Obviously the battery was completely dead. I don't have the proper Palm charger, so plugged it into the iPad wall wart. After two days, I was fairly certain the the battery was toast. No indication that the thing would ever charge. Forgot about it, still charging on the back of the desk. When I checked it again after another three or four days, it powered right up. Now, it's behaving just as it should, holding a charge better than any of the other Go's I've owned. This one, like the others is from a US/HP source, and has never had anything but webOS on it. This one has 3.0.3 with a working back camera but no front camera option. The others had 3.0.0 when I got them, and no working camera at all if I remember correctly. Looking forward to tweaking it up to 3.0.5 when I have some time.
    I remember the question-mark-battery icon was a sign of the system board failing to communicate with the battery board. No matter if you try to trickle charge it, it won't come back unless you fix the battery firmware or something. IIRC TPDebrick worked for this.

@eqr: Does the two LEDs on the center button flash when you plug it in, or nothing at all? If the latter, you'll have to charge the battery out of the machine because the entire charging circuit is driven by the battery.
  10. eqr
    When I first plugged the dead Go in, the front button would flash right/left for a while, then go dark. Now that battery has recovered, I still get the "may not charge, plug into correct HP charger" warning, but the Go charges fairly quickly to 100% and holds a charge very well.