1.    #1  
    I have went down hill ever since I posted the wifi error 1000. Well the if config eth0 down didn't work. So I tried to erase the apps and then doctor it . The doctor work fine but I had trouble with the usb mode. After the usb mode problem doctor worked fine. tp rebooted, but now I'm stuck at choose your language. Can't get into usb mode. When I select the language then it wants the wifi, but scans it but doesn't connect. II have a prepaid license if they release it I can't use it. I'm a novice at this, my palm pre got me into webos. So when hp was coming out with the tp. I got one, now I'm lost looking for a place to fix or with some good guidance do it my self. If I get the wifi problem fixed, will my profile install every thing back as it once was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ross View Post
    I have went down hill ever since I posted the wifi error 1000. Well the if config eth0 down didn't work. So I tried to erase the apps and then doctor it . The doctor work fine but I had trouble with the usb mode. After the usb mode problem doctor worked fine. tp rebooted, but now I'm stuck at choose your language. Can't get into usb mode. When I select the language then it wants the wifi, but scans it but doesn't connect. II have a prepaid license if they release it I can't use it. I'm a novice at this, my palm pre got me into webos. So when hp was coming out with the tp. I got one, now I'm lost looking for a place to fix or with some good guidance do it my self. If I get the wifi problem fixed, will my profile install every thing back as it once was?
    Any way to try to connect to wi-fi using a different router?
  3.    #3  
    I have tried a lot of different things, even a different router. How much do it cost for hp restore?
    if you have/had a working terminal did u ever try seeing if usbnet was enabled by accident, pretty sure wifi doesnt work when usbnet is enabled.

usbnet disable

^ already tried via terminal?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if you have/had a working terminal did u ever try seeing if usbnet was enabled by accident, pretty sure wifi doesnt work when usbnet is enabled.

usbnet disable

^ already tried via terminal?
    Directios on how to get to usbnet. I'm currently at the language screen. I grew up playing with chicken feces and my imgination, thats why I like trying to do this stuff.
  6.    #6  
    Well today I succeeded into usb mode, but couldn't get past the doctor run screen. It said it was blocked by my firewall. I tried for three hours adding it to trusted, but each time it blocked. I feel good for my big accomplishment, getting into usb mode was a giant leap for me. I do hope my family will not cast me to the way side.

Thank you guys
    Wouldn't the WiFi work properly if you set your router to use channel 2 or 3? The chipset on the TP is a bit picky in this regard.

I wouldn't Doctor if it's not necessary. You'd have to go back to rolling back the clock and getting the updated certificates and whatnot.
  8.    #8  
    I used the HP forums along with webos nation. The funny thing is that Hp forums told me to download the doctor. But they didn't tell me they were working on servers, so I couldn't get the doctor to download. I used the doc. on wiki, and that when I found out the servers were down. So now I'm stick with now app update, I can download nothing. So none of the work a rounds will work

I wish to Thank The nation for their help
  9.    #9  
    I'm sorry it was not hp forums. It was hp support that told me.