1.    #1  
    the icon for my app catalog is not available under my apps. It shows error. Therefore all the instructions on updating it or even setting up an acct to get new apps is impossible because I can't open the store
    app. And I followed the suggestion of changing the date ti July 1..I can not figure out how to reboot either....
    What does "shows error" mean? What error specifically (tap the error text for the error code)?

To reboot, shut down then turn on again. You can do that through the power menu by holding down the power button, or in the Device Info app, under Reset Options.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyra damian View Post
    the icon for my app catalog is not available under my apps. It shows error. Therefore all the instructions on updating it or even setting up an acct to get new apps is impossible because I can't open the store
    app. And I followed the suggestion of changing the date ti July 1..I can not figure out how to reboot either....
    if your app cat icon has the little yellow triangle with exclamation point, it is because it cannot install due to the expired cert issue.

you probably need to: put in devmode, set the date to July 1 2013 and turn off network time, use WOSQI to install impostah, use impostah to log into palm profile, update app cat, reboot, reset clock, use impostah to remove dr. skipped first use from accounts list then reboot again.

i just went through this nonsense last week. it is all explained in this forum; search my posts from the last few days and you should find the same help that helped me.