Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By George Boudouris
  1.    #1  
    I was one of the few (I guess) to be able to dl the 1.0.1GA of ACL. Indeed, I have concerns regarding the licensing issues, but I'm confident that PIC/OM will resolve such things.

I almost had Google Market working, after installing the login apk and adding my Google account. However, upon restarting my TP, I found that none of my ACL apps (including Settings) would launch. I uninstalled ACL via the usual method (hold the icon; tap the "X"), restarted the device, reinstalled, and the same thing: no apps would launch.

Since then, I've tried the same procedure a couple of times, with the same result.

I couldn't find anything particularly interesting in /var/log/messages, either. I'm not sure where else to look for clues.

Any ideas?

TIA
    Last edited by LewisR; 12/26/2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Changed subject to reflect successful solution to issue.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me, installed 1.0.1 on launch day (using trial), installed a couple of apps (angry birds, firefox) that day or next, now nothing will launch.

Are there more people with this issue? Should we start talking conspiracy

Ben
    So I have a monitor app installed on my device which logs all files touched/created, I reviewed the logs...

There is a directory under /var/lib/.config rename the .config to something else and reboot, a new .config will be created and at least on my device the ACL apps now launch as before.

Now I am not sure if you want to delete the old .config directory and content, but once the new .config is created and working I am not sure if you need to keep it.

I do not have time at this moment, but I will compare the old directory with the new and will post my result.

FYI I am not using the trial but my ACL license key, seems their license service is down, or they withdrew the licenses PIC gave out? Seems they are always checking (homing) back to base, seems that they should only talk when registering a device, seems like a bad practice to me?
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, John. That was it. I'll have a look at the contents, myself. Meanwhile, Google Market is installed (so is Play Pro, but I don't expect that to quite work), and a few other things. I'm drafting this post from Firefox 26 nightly. ;-)

@Ben: Conspiracy, indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    ...FYI I am not using the trial but my ACL license key, seems their license service is down, or they withdrew the licenses PIC gave out? Seems they are always checking (homing) back to base, seems that they should only talk when registering a device, seems like a bad practice to me?
    Interesting...

License violation paranoia? Data mining?

I'd love to hear more about this aspect.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    So I have a monitor app installed on my device which logs all files touched/created, I reviewed the logs...

There is a directory under /var/lib/.config rename the .config to something else and reboot, a new .config will be created and at least on my device the ACL apps now launch as before.

Now I am not sure if you want to delete the old .config directory and content, but once the new .config is created and working I am not sure if you need to keep it.

I do not have time at this moment, but I will compare the old directory with the new and will post my result.

FYI I am not using the trial but my ACL license key, seems their license service is down, or they withdrew the licenses PIC gave out? Seems they are always checking (homing) back to base, seems that they should only talk when registering a device, seems like a bad practice to me?
    Worked for me too. I haven't been prompted to enter my registration code.....
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Just found this thread after getting so frustrated with 1.0.1 that I rolled back to 0.6.0-5 and it really seems 'nippy' in comparison! Odd as I doctored this just, to have ACL on the default kernel, but maybe I'll try 1.0.1 on my main TP to see how that fares instead.
  8.    #8  
    FWIW, I'm running overclocked at 1.728GHz (OnDemandTcl 1728). ACL isn't too bad, though scrolling is a bit annoying.

Lewis
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisR View Post
    @Ben: Conspiracy, indeed!
    Actually for me it was my mistake. For some reason I thought the trial was for longer, but it's only 7 days, so my trial had just expired.

Strange that when I opened the ACL app it didn't initially ask me to activate (after the trial expired) even after a reboot, but after force closing it a couple of times I get the screen asking if I want to activate, buy or try (which is greyed out).

So no conspiracy (in my situation), just not working 100%.

I'm not going to activate my license until after this is all sorted out (if at all).

Ben
    Thanks a lot for all, who posted in this topic. This manual helped me to recover my ACL!
    It worked for me too.

Thanks
    sshaka likes this.