Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    I noticed my magazines on the Zinio app were no longer updating or downloading so I sent a message to customer service and received the below reply. Seems the Zinio app for WebOS is finished. This stinks, because I use it for my magazine subscriptions.

A MESSAGE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE

Your request has been updated.

Jesse (Zinio)
    Dec 19 13:18

Hello,

We apologize for the trouble you are having viewing your magazines on the WebOS Touchpad. Unfortunately at this time we will not be addressing or working on resolving issues with the app or magazines delivered for the device.

Please note that your previously delivered/downloaded issues will remain available for you to read on the device as long as you want, but in the near future you may notice that new issues no longer appear in the app or you may experience problems when trying to download them. These issues remain accessible through the other Zinio apps and continue to be supported by our service team. You can download our apps for PC/MAC, iPad or Android at Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Can you side load via PC and continue to view issues in the app?
    I was wondering why my December issues didn't load...very disappointing!!!
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Nothing new here. Zinio dropped their support for WebOS more than a year ago.

I've tried using Zinio a couple of times in recent years as an option to receive my magazine subscriptions digitally, but frankly they're just too much trouble. It seems like a constant struggle to keep a subscription working, and this isn't the first time they've abandoned customers. I think you're better off to get pdf copies directly from the magazine publisher if they offer the option, and if not - well, it's not like they aren't all available free.
    Last edited by Semma2; 12/21/2013 at 04:52 PM.
    I used Zinio last night. Downloaded mags just fine, but very recent ones are missing. So I have until November, but nothing after.

I have ACL. I wonder if Zinio works with that. Hmm?
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    I just downloaded Zinio from the OM AppMall. It installed just fine and seemed to work, though not having used the native webOS version, I can't really compare it. I suppose we can expect this as a trend, which is, of course, why ACL is so important for those of us who prefer this hardware and the webOS environment, in general.

GL

Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisR View Post
    I just downloaded Zinio from the OM AppMall. It installed just fine and seemed to work, though not having used the native webOS version, I can't really compare it. I suppose we can expect this as a trend, which is, of course, why ACL is so important for those of us who prefer this hardware and the webOS environment, in general.

GL

Lewis
    Wow, I had contacted OM about adding it, surprised they actually did. I had side loaded it with the pre-release version and it wouldn't download anything. I can sign into my account and see my magazines (including the recent ones I can't see with the webOS version), but it keeps stopping unexpectedly and giving me the option to force close.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Confirmed. I was able to create an account, but trying to purchase anything crashed the app. In fact, the entire ACL environment was interrupted; my Firefox Nightly session stopped when the Zinio card disappeared, but I was not notified of the crash until starting another app (Chrome). Once I acknowledged the crash and exited Chrome, my Firefox session returned to normal. Still, it's a start.
    I hated Zinio from the very beginning. My wife used it on her TP for two years and dropped it. I used it for one year and when my subs ran out I simply deleted it from my Touchpad. The app was junk. very difficult to download and pages would overlap while reading. If there is any app I don't mind seeing go bye bye it's Zinio. It totally turned me off from reading digital magazines.

-Koa-
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisR View Post
    Confirmed. I was able to create an account, but trying to purchase anything crashed the app. In fact, the entire ACL environment was interrupted; my Firefox Nightly session stopped when the Zinio card disappeared, but I was not notified of the crash until starting another app (Chrome). Once I acknowledged the crash and exited Chrome, my Firefox session returned to normal. Still, it's a start.
    Yeah I think the zinio client on the OM ACL AppMail doesn't work properly. I didn't even bother looking at AppMail and googled zinio.apk. Ended up with Kindle Fire FAQs on Zinio's site with a link to the apk for Kindle Fire and that seems to work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by normsland View Post
    Yeah I think the zinio client on the OM ACL AppMail doesn't work properly. I didn't even bother looking at AppMail and googled zinio.apk. Ended up with Kindle Fire FAQs on Zinio's site with a link to the apk for Kindle Fire and that seems to work fine.
    Never would have thought to try the Kindle Fire version, but it works for me too! The last app I wanted to get for my TouchPad through ACL!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Zinios app for webOS was garbage from the beginning. I hated it. Their Ipad version is also a garbage.