Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    so you were lucky and got ACL installed... What apps have you installed? What has worked for you and what hasn't?

all the angry birds have worked awesome on mine and that's as far as I've gotten so far...
    Rnp likes this.
    Firefox and Adobe Reader were the first two. Now at last, the PDFs from my GMX Mails open
    The OpenMobile App Mall is actually not as sparse as I feared.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Well as far as which apps have worked, ES File Explorer (including Root Explorer), Google Market, Superuser (including SU), Crackle (sideloaded from a Droid Froyo), Netflix, and FlowFree...

Removed ACL+, AppMall, and ACLMap...
    I have the file but I'm too anxious to install it at this point. I have Optware installed for using Xecutah and I read that it might screw up the install and wipe my TouchPad. Not cool.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    NFL Mobile App playing video on a TouchPad Go with ACL for webOS
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvz1mil9kLY[/YT]

VEVO App playing video on a TouchPad Go with ACL for webOS
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xwAHkxrSxg[/YT]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Barry-wow! Congrats on having this working on your Go!!! I hope this gets resolved soon, so I can install on my two TouchPads...
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    NFL Mobile App playing video on a TouchPad Go with ACL for webOS

VEVO App playing video on a TouchPad Go with ACL for webOS
    Awesome! Any chance you could share what steps were necessary to get ACL 1.0.1 to install on the Go?
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Well as far as which apps have worked, ES File Explorer (including Root Explorer), Google Market, Superuser (including SU), Crackle (sideloaded from a Droid Froyo), Netflix, and FlowFree...

Removed ACL+, AppMall, and ACLMap...
    How did you manage it to remove AppMall and the other needless apps ?
    Quote Originally Posted by steffensammet View Post
    How did you manage it to remove AppMall and the other needless apps ?
    Well it is not hard, once the ACL is started, log into the touchpad via a command line (xterm, webOSQI, Novaterm, etc...)

Run a command mount -o remount,rw /opt/omww/android/system

Now go to the directory /opt/omww/android/system/app

and remove the APK's that you see that you do not want, you can also install Google Market (which is what I used, look in a Google Market on ACL thread on the process), install the SuperUser APK and SU in ../system/bin (remember to chmod it correctly search my previous posts in the ACL thread I detail it there), I was going to post a full document on what I did but because they pulled v1.0.1 I figured it would be a waste of time documenting my steps...

If you wish to learn more just ask, or if you get stuck post a screen shot of what you tried to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I have the file but I'm too anxious to install it at this point. I have Optware installed for using Xecutah and I read that it might screw up the install and wipe my TouchPad. Not cool.
    YMMV, but I have those and UberKernel installed and it's fine.
    it worked. Thanks John Steffes :-)

Has anyone a glue how to modifiy the build.prop to get an large market access ?

The options

ro.product.model=GT-I9100
    ro.product.brand=Samsung
    ro.product.name=GT-I9100
    ro.product.device=GT-I9100

didn*t do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by steffensammet View Post
    it worked. Thanks John Steffes :-)

Has anyone a glue how to modifiy the build.prop to get an large market access ?

The options

ro.product.model=GT-I9100
    ro.product.brand=Samsung
    ro.product.name=GT-I9100
    ro.product.device=GT-I9100

didn*t do the job.
    on my regular android cheapo knockoff devices changing to be an Asus, Nexus 7 always did the trick, or any google own product.

ro.product.brand=google
    ro.product.model=Nexus 7
    ro.product.manufacturer=asus

^ something like that, tho the above isnt gingerbread friendly at a guess.

Also a devices DPI affects what you can see/install as well, which thankfully only seems to affect some apps like EA games and other rare/random stuff.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Well it is not hard, once the ACL is started, log into the touchpad via a command line (xterm, webOSQI, Novaterm, etc...)

Run a command mount -o remount,rw /opt/omww/android/system

Now go to the directory /opt/omww/android/system/app

and remove the APK's that you see that you do not want, you can also install Google Market (which is what I used, look in a Google Market on ACL thread on the process), install the SuperUser APK and SU in ../system/bin (remember to chmod it correctly search my previous posts in the ACL thread I detail it there), I was going to post a full document on what I did but because they pulled v1.0.1 I figured it would be a waste of time documenting my steps...

If you wish to learn more just ask, or if you get stuck post a screen shot of what you tried to do...
    definitely don't think it's a waste of time.... I'm no linux guru and would love some help doing things like this.... Only reason my TP is dual booted is thanks to walk throughs.
    MagicJack Talk Free VOIP app works on both the TouchPad 4G and GO devices.

Google Play Pro installs successfully, but no apps will download and install successfully.
    Interestingly, this app is in the OpenMobile App store. They must have tested installation but not whether it works .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    netflix and feedly are the only 2 im using. with zite only partially working on webos, I'm really pleased with feedly.

do any other vod services work? i have the bbc iplayer apk's to sideload but haven't tried it yet
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Anyone else having issues with webOS keyboard not working? It's happened a few times now after using ACL and then trying to type an email or web address in webOS.

Rebooting and using the webOS KB fixes it, but it is annoying. Maybe v.1.0.2 will fix?? :-)
    anybody manage to get BBC iPlayer or any other tv streaming service (such as TVcatchup) working ??
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    BBC iPlayer gives a popup "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run ob your device". Gonna try and side load later . . .

Looks like an Adobe Air restriction in ACL. The specs indicate it should work so it is just an ACL limitation.
    Last edited by MikeN68; 12/23/2013 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Adobe Air
    It's mentioned several time in all release notes that Adobe Air isn't working.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Yup, and BBC iPlayer needs it - hence BBC iPlayer doesn't work
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast