Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    would love a ip camera app.

ip camera viewer app ( supports mjpeg as well as h264 cams ) and tinycam ( 2 nd best droid viewer )
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdg100 View Post
    would love a ip camera app.

ip camera viewer app ( supports mjpeg as well as h264 cams ) and tinycam ( 2 nd best droid viewer )
    I was able to get Tinycam installed and was able to view 4 different public IP cameras. They seemed to work pretty well. I enjoyed the experience.
    Just getting around to installing ACL today.

Netflix works but is a little laggy.

Zinio works (sort-of) - it hangs a lot and requires restarting often but I managed to load and read a few mags from my account that the now-defunct WebOS Zinio app won't download.

Disappointed that I can't stream from Amazon Prime, will do some more tinkering to try and get it to recognize the device.

I've noticed the same battery drain issue that others have mentioned but I'm hoping it's due to the heavy video use and downloading that I've been doing all morning.
  4.    #44  
    so I've tested a bunch of apps any more out there that people are wondering
    Anybody figured out how to change the device Amazon sees the TouchPad has? I'd really like today's free app Distant Suns, but Amazon says it's not compatible with my device. Since it's only free through Amazon, I can't get the apk from one of the apk download websites. Grrr
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I still have CM10 installed just for this reason.

Until the ACL build is 'fixed' to allow all relevant downloads it is the easiest most stable way to download apps. Still a PITA, but it works. Just need to then save/export the apk, reboot to webOS and install in ACL. (I never said it was sensible!).
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    I still have CM10 installed just for this reason.

Until the ACL build is 'fixed' to allow all relevant downloads it is the easiest most stable way to download apps. Still a PITA, but it works. Just need to then save/export the apk, reboot to webOS and install in ACL. (I never said it was sensible!).
    Didn't think of that-I tried my wife's Samsung tablet, it too was incompatible. I did grab the app online, so I can try installing CM10 on my 2nd TouchPad and doing that.
    It worked! I got root access in CM10 on my other TouchPad, extracted the app, copied it to my main TouchPad and installed it! Yeah!
    Last edited by broncot; 01/03/2014 at 11:52 AM.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I've used the 1Mobile Market to add some apps that I couldn't get via Amazon or Google Play because of the device non-recognition issue, like Crackle, Firefox, and a Netflix app that is working a little more smoothly than the one I downloaded from the OM Market.

Firefox works very well. I dumped Opera, which was slow and required constant refreshing.

Crackle starts and plays videos without problem, but soon the sound and video become hopelessly out of sync.

I dumped the buggy Zinio app from OM and replaced it with the Kindle Fire version - works flawlessly.

I'm trying out the Redbox Instant free trial. App loads, I can browse content but it hangs on loading a movie.

Really wanted Plex for Plexpass to work, but I get a parse error msg at installation - guessing Android 2.x isn't supportd. Ditto Hulu Plus.

I found an app for my local newspaper which works just fine.

So, I have Netflix, Zinio, Firefox, and the newspaper. That's all I really need to supplement my WebOS apps; anything else I find that works will be icing on the cake.

I did come across a workaround for the google market problem (app shuts down when you try to enter or establish an account). I added the apk downloader extension to a Chrome browser on my desktop and get the apks, which I then email to myself, open on the TP and install. You can, uh, google it up for details.
    Last edited by mva1958; 01/04/2014 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Didn't think of that-I tried my wife's Samsung tablet, it too was incompatible. I did grab the app online, so I can try installing CM10 on my 2nd TouchPad and doing that.
    It worked! I got root access in CM10 on my other TouchPad, extracted the app, copied it to my main TouchPad and installed it! Yeah!
    if you have CM9/10/etc as well as ACL on 1 touchpad, try the following...

Run InternalZ and make 2 folders inside /media/ caled cmdata and cmsystem

edit your /etc/fstab and add at the bottom

/dev/store/cm-system /media/cmsystem ext4 noatime,data=writeback 0 0

i did the same for cmdata but for some reason nothing showed up so i copied an entry i found elsewhere and it showed up correctly, mine may have just glitched and the altered version may be un-necessary.

/dev/store/cm-data /media/cmdata ext4 noatime,data=writeback 0 0
    ^ if that doesnt work, try
    /dev/store/cm-data /media/cmdata ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0

save the file, reboot and they should show up in their respective /media/ folders, if not try mounting them in executah, with the following and they should apear.

mount -t ext4 /dev/store/cm-system /media/cmsystem
    mount -t ext4 /dev/store/cm-data /media/cmdata

now check your /media/cmdata/app folder or alike with internalZ, copy apk's u want to somewhere on /media/internal and install the apk's via a file manager or something, i used astro file manager just to try/test with and all was well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 01/04/2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Anybody figured out how to change the device Amazon sees the TouchPad has? I'd really like today's free app Distant Suns, but Amazon says it's not compatible with my device. Since it's only free through Amazon, I can't get the apk from one of the apk download websites. Grrr
    I did not modify the build prop but was able to install Distant Suns. Not sure why it is showing as incompatible for you...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I have Gmail working but only when using a manual refresh i.e. with Auto Sync disabled.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123