1.    #1  
    So today I removed ACL to install the released version...but something went wrong during de-installation. I don't know what the reason was (it might be that during the time I had the beta of ACL installed I installed UberKernel and later went back to the stock kernel...might also be something completely unrelated). Anyway, while the ACL icons were removed, all other android-related icons weren't.

Well, I planned on installing ACL anyway, so that's what I did (through Preware). It, again, gave me an error, but stated it was successful nonetheless, and an icon appeared in my launcher. Rather than start ACL I chose to restart my device first...and then, suddenly, all my applications were removed and my media/internal was cleaned. Several of my patches were still installed as was LunaCE. But I thought: Ok, maybe it's a good idea to doctor my device anyway. Get rid of redundant patches, etc.

So I doctored my device, and everything went perfectly well...I entered my account-information, and my touchpad tried to download all my stuff. All I got were errors. When I opened the app catalog it was obvious that something had gone terribly wrong: it opened a card with the pre-emulator (called app catalog) as well as a browser-card with an index.html; both showing nothing else. With a destroyed app catalog I could not do anything...I then chose to do a secure swipe of my touchpad in hopes to get everything back in order, as well as doctor it again afterwards. Unfortunately it was a deja vu.

Without the app catalog I was stuck, and there was no obvious way to repair it. Fortunately I had an idea: I installed Preware, and then the AppTuckerbox. I remembered it would not let me install applications marked as not compatible anymore, but that shouldn't be a problem. So I set everything up, opened Preware searched for the catalog and installed it.

Everything is now working perfectly again

So I want to end with AppTuckerbox's tweets from June 4th: 'Considering whether App Tuckerbox should continue operation. HP have closed off installation of apps on devices not marked as compatible.', and 'With this new restriction imposed by HP, is anyone still finding App Tuckerbox useful?' - My answer is: Today you were the most useful tool on the planet, and I owe you big thanks.

Cheers,

Misj'
    Last edited by Misj'; 12/19/2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Well, I've made a similar experience during all of tests. Looks like you run in the AppCat Update - certificate Dilemma ;-)
    So, what you can do: stop all downloads. Set the system date manual before 21.July 2013 and restart the download of the AppCat. Afterwards open AppCat, go to the AppCat Update (which is the update for the root certificate) and install it. Afterward you can set the date back to current date and restart the download of the other updates.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Well, I've made a similar experience during all of tests. Looks like you run in the AppCat Update - certificate Dilemma ;-)
    So, what you can do: stop all downloads. Set the system date manual before 21.July 2013 and restart the download of the AppCat. Afterwards open AppCat, go to the AppCat Update (which is the update for the root certificate) and install it. Afterward you can set the date back to current date and restart the download of the other updates.
    That was actually my first thought and my first try...

It did, however, not work. After manually setting the date to Juli 1st 2013 the app catalog still didn't want to download (gave the same error), restarting the touchpad with this manual date didn't help either. When stopping the downloads didn't work, I even went as far as removing all other apps from the app manager to enforce the app catalog to be the only thing to be downloaded, and that too didn't work (again, even tried ti with a full reset). I kept getting the same error, and the app catalog could not be downloaded. In-between I also checked whether the app catalog had magically regained itself...but nope.

I know I didn't mention these steps in my original post, but I kinda thought everyone would consider these steps common knowledge
    This is the same issue i had, see here. When i tapped on the exclamation mark i got the question if i wanted to skip the upgrade and use the old version. And then i had a working app catalog (to download the AppCat Update - certificate).

Good to know there is an alternative...