webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Latest IPK packager
Latest IPK packager

Old 12/17/2013, 01:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,
I am trying to create an IPK for my application using IPK packager downloaded from following link.
https://code.google.com/p/ipk-packager/downloads/list
I want to run "postinst" script after installation and "prerm" scripts after uninstallation. When tried with WebOS quick installer these script worked as expected. But when tried to install my package using Preware, scripts not working properly.

Is this an issue with the packaging tool? Please provide any suggestions for this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Nishad
nishad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2013, 08:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Hello.

As no one has replied to you, I'll try to help, but I'm afraid I'm no expert.

I assume you've read this: Packaging Standards - WebOS Internals

The support thread for the software is here: Ipk Packager
You may have more luck if you post your queries there.

I'm aware that it is possible to install IPK's directly to the device with webOS quick install & such (sideloading), but that delivery via the preware catalogue requires a further step - I guess with checksums, web transport, etc.

Is it possible that you are packaging for web delivery, then trying to use preware to sideload? ipk vs ipkg?

I'm afraid that's all I have and it's just a guess. As a developer, you probably know much more than I about this, so try the thread above. There is also a webOS-internals documentation app in the HP app cataogue that may have more relevant information.

It's good to hear that someone is developing for webOS. Can you tell us about your app?
Old 12/18/2013, 06:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It seems to be on some devices though. For example, I have no problems installing an IPK with scripts directly on my Touchpad while others report the problem in the Isis Web thread. They use WOQI or palm-install instead. I'm not sure where the problem lies but for some I can confirm this problem does exist.

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote