Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    There is a confirmation of tpdebrick working from a poster over at XDA...
    Or here: Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by Runil View Post
    STOP! Advanced nerd alert!! Before your resort to trying to "get your A4 reflashed"...

Please read my earlier post for further information.

What's an A4 ?

Am I an Advanced nerd for asking this?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    What's an A4 ?

European paper size slightly different from the North American letter size..
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Had a very dead touchpad in the drawer for 4-5 months. Overnight on touchstone or TP wall charger did not work. Did the slow trickle through the laptop usb port and it finally revived and gave me the low battery warning to plug into the wall. Used the TP wall charger then and all is well.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    What's an A4 ?

Yeah, yeah you got me. I typed A4 instead of A6. I was gonna go back and fix that but I didn't. Had a feeling you would use it to say something. (Ha, ha. He said A4. That's SO funny!!! What a dumdum!!!)

Why did I try to warn Tom away from your post? So ok, the gentleman (Tom) posts twice with no indication of reading any of the other replies. I got the impression he was going to need a lot of handholding. I didn't think referring him to a site he's maybe never heard of, to look for a post you had seen but didn't link to (Thanks Angel for the link to your thread,which led me to Barry's link to the procedure), to get and use a Linux distribution to run Terminal and issue Linux line commands...was within his ability, and asking a bit much. There are still us mere mortals who don't take all these skill for granted. Maybe 'nerd' was a poor choice of words, but it was the best I could think of at the moment.

What good is TPDebrick when you've got a flat battery and can't get it to charge? Guess what I found over in the TPDebrick instructions?
    --------------------quote: ->
    NOTE: If you can hold Power+Home+VolUP for 30 seconds and see a big USB symbol,
    then you SHOULD NOT do the following.

NOTE: Before attempting the following,
    you should make sure that the failure to boot isn't due to
    a faulty USB cable or charger.

NOTE: The following should be considered a LAST RESORT.
    If the Touchpad isn't already "bricked",
    then the following may very well "brick" it.
    <-endquote-------------------------

Well, well.
    Last edited by Runil; 12/12/2013 at 11:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highball View Post
    Had a very dead touchpad in the drawer for 4-5 months. Overnight on touchstone or TP wall charger did not work. Did the slow trickle through the laptop usb port and it finally revived and gave me the low battery warning to plug into the wall. Used the TP wall charger then and all is well.
    Interesting. That's a first. Thanks.++++++++++=
    A few days ago my dual-boot Touchpad went blank. It was running and plugged into its charger at the time. It seems suddenly a lot of people are simultaneously having the same symptoms. I strongly suspect there is something going on that's bigger than the suggested 'low power' problem that's been offered.

If you have suddenly had your Touchpad stop working recently, please add a 'me-too' to this post, so we can get an idea of how many people are affected.

If you have been successful at recovering from this error, or have other solid info as to cause; please post to this forum so others may benefit.
    I missed the date this was posted, but it just caught my attention on the fly: I have been thinking the same. My HP Touchpad was connected - powering - surge protected, and it just went off. I made it turned on with the "pressing the middle-buttom and the power buttom at the same time, but it happened again. This time, about three months ago, nothing would work, including the vol+ pressed down while powering up. OK, an issue, but why so many all the sudden?http://forums.webosnation.com/images...s/confused.gif
    Note to all:

A dead Touchpad is not the same as a Touchpad with the QoD (Question Mark of death)

Dead Touchpad can usually be revived with low level current charger until the low battery warning appears, then switch to the stock factory supplied charger until fully charged.

QoD Touchpad, may be able to be revived using the above process, but not always, actually rarely. The solution for QOD usually means re flashing the A6 chip (not A4, that's an Audi car I believe) , ie or running TPDEBRICK004

Don't confuse the two problems, they are different.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Note to all:

A dead Touchpad is not the same as a Touchpad with the QoD (Question Mark of death)
    Don't confuse the two problems, they are different.
    Still a bit confusing what you write.

You need to explain the exact symptoms that users can experience in the two cases:
    - "dead Touchpad"
    - "QoD (Question Mark of death)"
    What are the indicators for a user to find out what situation their device has?
    Please tell the world - where "they are different"!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Still a bit confusing what you write.

You need to explain the exact symptoms that users can experience in the two cases:
    - "dead Touchpad"
    - "QoD (Question Mark of death)"
    What are the indicators for a user to find out what situation their device has?
    Please tell the world - where "they are different"!
    Hmmm, dead touchpad has no response, nothing on the screen.
    QOD is a touchpad with a BIG QUESTION MARK INSIDE OF A BOX DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN. Hence the nickname QuestionMark of Death.

For more information read through tpdebrick004 threads on rootzwiki and xda.
    I suppose 'dead' = ziltch response on the screen (until trickle chaged back to life)
    and 'QoD' = one of these "?" on the screen (indicating that Power Management has completely lost the plot!)

I have had QoD boot-situations on the Pre3 when using the bad batch of Mugen batteries,
    and simply swapping out the battery sorts it.. however that is not so easily done on the Touchpad!

Just a note on long term battery 'storage': L-ion batts like to be stored at about 40%-50% charge and kept cool if possible.

Edit: Sorry TTB.. didn't see your post above until this was up.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I notice original poster has a dual boot touchpad. I have one as well and i notice that this type of problem seems to happen to me when I am in cyanogenmod. How about everyone else? Do you notice that it happens also when in WebOS?

My guess is that there are more dual boot touchpads out there now that app support for WebOS has dropped down to it's current level. This could explain the increased reports of this problem, if this is a cyanogenmod related problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    How about everyone else? Do you notice that it happens also when in WebOS?
    I never ever put Android on my TouchPad (32GB) - but still running webOS 3.0.5 it died and is in "Dead TouchPad" situation. (Nothing visible on screen or at the center button light)
    But still there is a "response" on the USB connector when connected to Win7 system.
    So - I'm very confident that tpdebrick004 will help in my situation. Just did not have time to use it. (I use my other TPs instead).
    Hmmm, dead touchpad has no response, nothing on the screen.
    Thanks for reply. This is what I assumed.

So I find your previous statement as confusing:
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    Dead Touchpad can usually be revived with low level current charger ..
    I think in this "dead touchpad" situation only tpdebrick004 can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    I notice original poster has a dual boot touchpad. I have one as well and i notice that this type of problem seems to happen to me when I am in cyanogenmod. How about everyone else? Do you notice that it happens also when in WebOS?

My guess is that there are more dual boot touchpads out there now that app support for WebOS has dropped down to it's current level. This could explain the increased reports of this problem, if this is a cyanogenmod related problem.
    Yes.. there was/is an apparent CM-linked battery-guzzling glitch.. which is probably what prompted work on 'tpdebrick' over there.
    There are also 'workarounds' that ensure that CM shuts down the device at say 10% battery capacity remaining.. this would be enough to reboot without instead bricking.

Personally, I either keep it charged or turn it 'OFF' ~ whichever OS I am using.

The webOS power management software is however, by no means faultless either!
    A 'Dead' Touchpad, with nothing whatsoever occurring on the screen, can often be revived by a slooow trickle charge over several hours/days until it regains it's power management 'memory'.. then she's Up and Away again. I have experienced this a couple of times.
    Some people have also found that this works best when the battery is left for some time to TOTALLY 'die' first.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/12/2013 at 07:47 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Thanks for reply. This is what I assumed.

So I find your previous statement as confusing:

I think in this "dead touchpad" situation only tpdebrick004 can help.
    No, it's the other way around. In the "dead touchpad" situation where there is no sign of live no matter how long you hold any of the buttons at all, you just drained your battery too much. That is surely the issue of your touchpad. (Reactions on a PC to plugging the device are normal and expected, because the device gets powered from the USB Port of the PC, not enough to run bootload or switch on the screen, but enough to bring the USB Module to some faint live).

Hang it on a 1A wall charger or your USB Port (do not use the original TouchPad charger!) for some hours and it will come back to live.

tpdebrick004 helps with situations were there are strange errors visible on the TP screen. But if it's only black, just go and charge it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    tpdebrick004 helps with situations were there are strange errors visible on the TP screen.
    Upps - actually - I do not believe that statement.
    Can anyone confirm that statement please ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post

tpdebrick004 helps with situations were there are strange errors visible on the TP screen.
    Upps - actually - I do not believe that statement.
    Can anyone confirm that statement please ??
    I doubt it. That's way too broad a statement to make about tpdebrick004.

The creator of tpdebrick, jcsullins makes it very clear about what it does and does not do in the opening post of those threads. He warns not to use it in certain situations where it may not be necessary.
    touchpad worked fine for years, suddenly the u on the onscreen keyboard stopped working, reset it and now it wont turn on, left it on touchstone for 2 days, plugged into computer for a day, and still nothing. can anyone help?
    A few days ago my dual-boot Touchpad went blank. It was running and plugged into its charger at the time. It seems suddenly a lot of people are simultaneously having the same symptoms. I strongly suspect there is something going on that's bigger than the suggested 'low power' problem that's been offered.

If you have suddenly had your Touchpad stop working recently, please add a 'me-too' to this post, so we can get an idea of how many people are affected.

If you have been successful at recovering from this error, or have other solid info as to cause; please post to this forum so others may benefit.
    mine is stuck in load/breath till dead then i recharge n start over. MANY times. tried force reboot. got it to go to usb mode with up volume keycode trick but my webosqi will not recognize it still. also tried to get mac disk utility to recognize it in usb mode. nada

im freaking outtttttttt
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast