Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Garfonso
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm hoping that one of my fellow webOS fans can help me. I chose the wrong clear option, and accidentally removed my favorites from my TouchPad. Are the really gone? Or just temporary removed from the favorites selection? I'm hoping that somehow there is a way of digging deep and retrieving them.

I have both Internalz Pro 1.5.0, and FileMgr 2.0.9 installed. All advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    qbenguy
    Quote Originally Posted by qbenguy View Post
    I'm hoping that one of my fellow webOS fans can help me. I chose the wrong clear option, and accidentally removed my favorites from my TouchPad. Are the really gone? Or just temporary removed from the favorites selection? I'm hoping that somehow there is a way of digging deep and retrieving them.

I have both Internalz Pro 1.5.0, and FileMgr 2.0.9 installed. All advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    qbenguy
    Did you ever perform a backup using Preware's 'Save/Restore' - or using 'SubOrbital' (which allows you to create and order and remane and move and backup webOS 'tabs')?
    I have had to resort to those backups in the past, bu don't know where actual 'favourites' are otherwise stashed within the system - sorry!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    i have found stuff that i thougt was gone using webinternals pro. stuff that appeared wiped by a redoctoring was still on the phone in a .trash folder. 10 gig of music actually.

so i advise looking for hidden trash folder too

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Did you ever perform a backup using Preware's 'Save/Restore' - or using 'SubOrbital' (which allows you to create and order and remane and move and backup webOS 'tabs')?
    I have had to resort to those backups in the past, bu don't know where actual 'favourites' are otherwise stashed within the system - sorry!

There is a Kind (think of "table") in the on device db for the bookmarks.

You want to dig deep? There you go:
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.browser palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.browserbookmarks:1", "incDel":true}}' >> /media/internal/bookmarks.json
    That should get you the first 500 bookmarks stored in a file called bookmarks.json on your usb Partition as backup. If you have more than that, we will have to do paging.

Hm... do you want to restore them on device? You could try that:
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.browser palm://com.palm.db/merge '{"query"{"from":"com.palm.browserbookmarks:1", "where":[{"prop":"_del", "op":"=", "val":true}]}, "props":{"_del":false}}'
    This selects all deleted entries that are still in the db and set's there delted flag to false, i.e. restores them. So if they are still on device, they should pop up after that Operation.