1.    #1  
    Hi ,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered .. I have had my TP and it has worked flawlessly except for a browsing issue about a year ago which a fix here took care of . But during the period of Aug 2011 till now Dec. 2013 my yahoo e-mail app has been performing flawlessly . But in the past week and a half I keep getting a message that's pops up - Check your login and password I can refresh the e-mail app and it logs in and 2 seconds later it displays the same message . I also can input the password into the accounts section and it logs in and while I sit there watching the account page it logs out and in showing the symbol in the thread ... I still receive my mail and can perform all tasks but it is so annoying it's not funny . I would love to know if there is a fix ? I have cleared history and checked my laptop and desktop to make sure they are all synced and they are . I have seen posts which recommend clearing cache or uninstalling account and re-installing . But I have also seen posts that state it's a Yahoo issue of low priority . I don't want to do anything that will change the TP which will cause additional issues .

Thanks for any help !

Cheers

Mojo8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo8 View Post
    Hi ,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered .. I have had my TP and it has worked flawlessly except for a browsing issue about a year ago which a fix here took care of . But during the period of Aug 2011 till now Dec. 2013 my yahoo e-mail app has been performing flawlessly . But in the past week and a half I keep getting a message that's pops up - Check your login and password I can refresh the e-mail app and it logs in and 2 seconds later it displays the same message . I also can input the password into the accounts section and it logs in and while I sit there watching the account page it logs out and in showing the symbol in the thread ... I still receive my mail and can perform all tasks but it is so annoying it's not funny . I would love to know if there is a fix ? I have cleared history and checked my laptop and desktop to make sure they are all synced and they are . I have seen posts which recommend clearing cache or uninstalling account and re-installing . But I have also seen posts that state it's a Yahoo issue of low priority . I don't want to do anything that will change the TP which will cause additional issues .

Thanks for any help !

Cheers

Mojo8
    I have the same thing on my Pre2. It just started happening a day or so ago. It hasn't bothered me enough yet to put in much effort to fix it.
    Hm.. maybe one can fix that on the TP side of things. Could you try to record a log while that happens? Lumberjack could be used for that. Like select "Everything" in lumberjack, select "follow", then try to login in accounts app and wait for the notification to appear. At that point go into lumberjack and from the menu select e-mail log and e-mail it too yourself and then post it here or in pastebin.com (probably better in pastebin.com).

Maybe one can see something from the log and fix it on the webOS side.
    This has been an issue since webOS 2.x was first introduced. I've had this problem for years and have just learnt to ignore it. Actually, it's gotten me to stop using Yahoo and move to other mail services because it was a pervasive annoyance - not to mention that I didn't mind that much because Yahoo's web app was ugly back then too.
    Me too, Pre2

It happens occasionally and I've learned that it's not forgotten my password. I ignore it as it usually goes away.

I have been assuming that it was a Yahoo (or who ever) problem due to going away without any action from me, but maybe it's the phone?

I'll try a restart & report back...

...nope...

remove, re-add account?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/05/2013 at 07:25 AM.
    [2013-12-05 13:54:50] (sync) 401_UNAUTHORIZED - Yahoo contac.: API request failed due to authorization issue other than needing a token refresh. HTTP error code 401 and responseText .
    [2013-12-05 13:54:50] (sync) 401_UNAUTHORIZED - Yahoo contac.: API request failed due to authorization issue other than needing a token refresh. HTTP error code 401 and responseText .
    [2013-12-05 13:54:50] (Error) in getRemoteChanges.gotReply:: 401_UNAUTHORIZED - Yahoo contact sync: API request failed due to authorization issue other than needing a token refresh. HTTP error code 401 and responseText .
    [2013-12-05 13:54:51] (sync) 401_UNAUTHORIZED - Yahoo contac.: API request failed due to authorization issue other than needing a token refresh. HTTP error code 401 and responseText .
    [2013-12-05 13:54:51] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.systemui: =========> Submission defaulted to : 112, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/mojo.jsjsjs:$91$
    [2013-12-05 13:54:51] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.systemui: Using builtin: palmmojo_coreVersion1_0, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojoloader.jsjsjs:$231$
    [2013-12-05 13:55:02] (activitymanager[1649]) user.warning: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appIdrg.webosinternals.lumberjack]
    [2013-12-05 13:55:03] (activitymanager[1649]) user.warning: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appIdrg.webosinternals.lumberjack]
    [2013-12-05 13:55:07] (activitymanager[1649]) user.warning: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appIdrg.webosinternals.lumberjack]
    [2013-12-05 13:55:09] (activitymanager[1649]) user.warning: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appIdrg.webosinternals.lumberjack]
    [2013-12-05 13:55:09] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: org.webosinternals.lumberjack: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'modelChanged' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.lumberjack/app/assistants/tail-log-assistant.jsjsjs:$427$
    [2013-12-05 13:55:12] (org.webosinternals.lumberjack) user.debug: Reading file /var/log/messages
    Interesting log output. Rather vague error message. I wonder if it is only the contact sync or also happens with calendar sync.
    What I think happens is that for some reason the password cookie/file gets dumped for some reason. It seems that Yahoo tends to need me to manually re-enter my password whenever this happens and it goes away. I have this happen on a couple of Exchange accounts on my phone too.
    I have been seeing this too....but what is odd is that it happens on my Touchpad for Yahoo accounts, but does not happen on my FrankenPre 2 which still seems to connect OK. Since it started happening, I can not get new e-mails on the Touchpad, but can on the phone. I tried recreating the account on the Touchpad, but that did not help. I wondered if it is somehow confused because two devices are trying to get the same e-mail, but why should Yahoo's mail server care...or even know?
    This issue appears... Well, no more annoying notification to check login details. It seems from the log that it was a contacts issue, so I re-entered my password in the contacts app. Maybe that did it I'm not sure. But a recent contact has not synced. I did not try removing & re-adding the account.
    Yup, since the Yahoo message to redo your password that they messed up with a good week ago, I keep getting the notice popping up, deleting and redoing the account on either my Pre2 or Touchpad didn't fix it.

Very annoying but the account is still working fine.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  12.    #12  
    Hi ,

I have Been on the TP all day and not one time did it log out or request login ... it's gotta be a Yahoo issue . Very annoying but I will live with it till I either go with another mail provider or get a new tablet !

Aside from I pad ... I would love to hear what everyone feels is the best tablet out there for the money ? My main requirement is 32gigs internal storage . I am not a huge app guy ... but I do run a small e-bay business .

Thanks for all the input

Cheers

Mojo8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo8 View Post
    Hi ,

Thanks for any help !

Cheers

Mojo8
    I get the same thing on my Pre-. When I go to the account info and type in the password for the incoming and outgoing servers, it works. It's very annoying to have to do that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    This issue appears... Well, no more annoying notification to check login details. It seems from the log that it was a contacts issue, so I re-entered my password in the contacts app. Maybe that did it I'm not sure. But a recent contact has not synced. I did not try removing & re-adding the account.
    Update: I just got another request to re-enter my login details. So I did. I rechecked a recent contact and the details have updated - so it all seems to be working again.
    I'll have to agree that its a Yahoo issue as it happens on Android and iOS also. Deleting the account and re-entering the login info fixed it and there have been no complaints since.

Just about everyone I know has been cursing Yahoo over the past 6+ months. I think their frantic attempts to keep up with Google is at the root of all the changes and problems.