1.    #1  
    Every time I surf, my browser will reset itself and I lose my back button. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to when it does it but it does it all the time. Any thoughts?
    Other than a visit to the doctor.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Have you tried using the Isis Browser from preware? This may determine if it is browser related, but as Isis is built on the existing framework it is possible it may also fail - but can't hurt to try.

This is the thread: Release: Isis Web
    What do you mean by "reset itself"? Does it show a spinner and reloads the page? Then the browser server, i.e. the webOS component behind the scene that does all the html-layout work did crash and restarted. If that happens (and it happens quite a lot for me, too), another webOS-Browser-UI-App won't help.

I see this happen more often if I browse multiple pages or have heavy apps running in the background. So it might be memory issues or at least they are one cause. Another thing that helped a lot was switching of flash support in the browser.

But I think the only real hope right now is to wait for ACL and then go for some modern browser like Firefox. The ancient webkit core inside of webOS is just to old and always was kind of brittle.
    Not sure what causes it but I did alter a few files on my Touchpad and now everything is running faster and smoother than ever before. The memory issue also seems solved. Will make patches and share them very soon.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    What do you mean by "reset itself"? Does it show a spinner and reloads the page? Then the browser server, i.e. the webOS component behind the scene that does all the html-layout work did crash and restarted. If that happens (and it happens quite a lot for me, too), another webOS-Browser-UI-App won't help.

I see this happen more often if I browse multiple pages or have heavy apps running in the background. So it might be memory issues or at least they are one cause. Another thing that helped a lot was switching of flash support in the browser.

But I think the only real hope right now is to wait for ACL and then go for some modern browser like Firefox. The ancient webkit core inside of webOS is just to old and always was kind of brittle.
    That is exactly what is happening with mine. I also have the daily reboot thing happening(I have to reboot to get my bookmarks and email) so I'm probably looking at a visit to the Dr but hope this problem doesn't come back.
    I've been getting it a lot as well. Typically after scrolling down quite a ways in Facebook or after having opened and closed other tabs. I noticed it also affects the email app, too, as it will also grey-out and have the spinning circle. The circle tends to just spin for some time unless I minimize and maximize the app.