1.    #1  
    Let me first start off by saying with extreme gratitude "I appreciate any help, assistance, guidance etc. I may receive from this post". Going forward, I think it only fair to relay I am positively not technically savvy and enjoy the leymans approach as far as comprehension and or advice.

I have an Touchpad that I acquired from my stepson. He told me he waited to upgrade his tablet and informed he had "modded" his touchpad and it wont turn on because the battery was worn down. I purchased a new "universal" charger to no avail. It shows it possibly may be charging but after 2 weeks, regretfully, it shows no signs of life (no power). I also purchased a touchstone but have no idea if it is charging (no flashing light at bottom of screen as the universal charger at least has a left to right flashing yellow light at the bottom). Unfortunately, I never saw the touchpad working when it was purchased so I have no idea what it should look like, respond or otherwise function. I am at a loss (literally, I Gave my stepson $150 towards the purchase of a new tablet for a boat anchor). I would like any assistance or if someone were advantageous I would happily send the touchpad to them to repair (since I have nothing to lose).

Please help.. Once again, NO power, new universal charger, new touchstone and have no idea if it is even charging, if it needs a new battery? An factory charger? A hard reset? I hate the defeat that I can't get this thing operational. It looks cool enough to invest a few dollars over and above the ride my stepson took me for, lol...<edited by mod> Thanks for your time!!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/22/2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: removed email
    Sometimes, when a TP battery is extremely drained; it does not have enough power to even recognize the charger. So in those instances, some have advised using a more "trickle charge" approach.

A good place to read all the different things you could try:
    Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by mseibe View Post
    Let me first start off by saying with extreme gratitude "I appreciate any help, assistance, guidance etc. I may receive from this post". Going forward, I think it only fair to relay I am positively not technically savvy and enjoy the leymans approach as far as comprehension and or advice.

I have an Touchpad that I acquired from my stepson. He told me he waited to upgrade his tablet and informed he had "modded" his touchpad and it wont turn on because the battery was worn down. I purchased a new "universal" charger to no avail. It shows it possibly may be charging but after 2 weeks, regretfully, it shows no signs of life (no power). I also purchased a touchstone but have no idea if it is charging (no flashing light at bottom of screen as the universal charger at least has a left to right flashing yellow light at the bottom). Unfortunately, I never saw the touchpad working when it was purchased so I have no idea what it should look like, respond or otherwise function. I am at a loss (literally, I Gave my stepson $150 towards the purchase of a new tablet for a boat anchor). I would like any assistance or if someone were advantageous I would happily send the touchpad to them to repair (since I have nothing to lose).

Please help.. Once again, NO power, new universal charger, new touchstone and have no idea if it is even charging, if it needs a new battery? An factory charger? A hard reset? I hate the defeat that I can't get this thing operational. It looks cool enough to invest a few dollars over and above the ride my stepson took me for, lol...<edited by mod> Thanks for your time!!
    Some add'l advice:
    - as already mentioned, if it's too dead, it won't recognize the TStone.
    - a universal charger may not have the right cable.
    - you could also try a hard reset, holding the power button on top and the home button at bottom center, for about 15 seconds.
    - There are 1Amp and 2Amp Palm cylinder-shaped chargers. You must have a 2A charger.

I've got a zillion various chargers and micro-USB cables. But not all of the cables will do the job, even with the Palm 2A charger. Sometimes I'll notice (usually when I've packed stuff together on a trip) it's not charging and have to swap to a different cable.

- Keep in mind, you could have charged it, but the screen is black. That happens too.
    - You can't just plug it into a computer, it won't charge through USB alone since that's 1A also. But if you get a true Palm 2A charger and cable, leave it plugged in for a few days, then plug it into a computer and it's not "recognized" as a new USB device, then it may be dead.
    - it could be a bad mico USB connection at the base. This doesn't explain no charge on the TStone, but you could have multiple issues: too dead to charge and a bad microUSB port. Something to try: When you plug in a really dead webOS device, it will first show a dead battery icon before showing a charging icon. If that icon doesn't light up after about 20 seconds, put a little pressure to any direction and hold it. Then wait 20 seconds again. Try light pressure to every direction until you've gone 360 degrees. You may discover a "sweet spot" that the USB port "likes". But you have to give it those few seconds for that sweet spot to be connected long enough, each time you try another direction.

- then lastly there's the thread mentioned above. I didn't read it so hopefully i wasn't redundant here. I just hope you can revive it.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/22/2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: wanted to mention the hard reset method